JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

True the news can't cover everything...however most news media reports whatever will give them the most ratings. Right now it's political drama and celebrity gossip. This is part of Satans plan.  If you want to know what's going on in the world, you have to do some searching. 

Heres an article from the Los Angeles Times on a MEGA earthquake that's forecasted along the San Andreas Fault in California. 

I only wonder ... will it happen before the GT, during the GT, or at Armageddon. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tour-san-andreas-fault-lucy-jones-20170613-htmlstory.html

Edited by rev411

On 2/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, Stormswift said:

Msy I please respectfully disagree with you about earthquakes being a natural phenomena? I think WE THINK they are natural because they have been happening  so long, and it is possibly a process which Jehovah may have even used initially as part of the creation process. But I think he also put measures in place pre-flood to stop any eqs. Unless I've missed mentions of eqs prior to that in the scriptures. So I don't think they are natural at all ... however, depending on what he purposes for the earth in the future, and whether he restores those measures he had previously will determine whether minor eqs become a natural process of things ... I don't wish to preempt Jehovah on this matter.

"I think", expresses an opinion. If in your opinion they are not natural phenomena that is OK by me.

What is your opinion of moon quakes? Are they a natural phenomena?

What do you think? :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, Old said:

"I think", expresses an opinion. If in your opinion they are not natural phenomena that is OK by me.

What is your opinion of moon quakes? Are they a natural phenomena?

What do you think? :)

I just meant that they are the result of this topsy turvy world we live in ... people say death is a natural phenomena too ... but we know it isn't ... it's just the new norm that makes people think its natural ... so earthquakes could also be put in the same box ... to me natural phenomena like full moons, and flocks of colour butterflies and fields of fireflies are natural phenomena, the other stuff that cause harms are just messes on Jehovah's beautiful jewel.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I just meant that they are the result of this topsy turvy world we live in .

There are lots of natural phenomenon I'm anxious to find out why they happen and how they will be in a perfect world.  We've had earthquakes, for example, far longer than fracking and other man-made causes.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, typhoons, severe thunderstorm, etc...  All of those natural events were occurring long before man stared affecting the weather through technology or misuse of the environment.  

Are these natural disasters a result of some environmental change after the Flood?  Many think so.  Many jump beyond the Bible and feel that the water canopy was involved in keeping some kind of balance.  We really don't know.  Maybe there was some change after the Flood.  Why, though, would Jehovah do that?  If God can become whatever he needs to become, and can do anything he wants, why would he A) Remove the water canopy and not put it back right after the flood (the flood waters evaporate and restore the canopy) or B.) Cause the flood in such a way so as to NOT result in lasting earthquakes and other natural disasters.

It will be interesting to find out.

10 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

M 5.8 - 9km SE of Lincoln, Montana

2017-07-06 06:30:16 UTC46.899°N   112.586°W4.3 km depth

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us10009757#executive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I found this out from one of my doggie pages "Schnitzel the Wonder Wiener". He said "All da towels did fall off da hooks in da room wif ebil swirly thing dat is like kitty box fors people. I coulds has been squished!" 

Seriously that was a hefty one.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

15 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I found this out from one of my doggie pages "Schnitzel the Wonder Wiener". He said "All da towels did fall off da hooks in da room wif ebil swirly thing dat is like kitty box fors people. I coulds has been squished!" 

Seriously that was a hefty one.

Glad you've come out of lurk mode.  Missed your posts. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My basic geology studies remind me that in ancient times, human civilisation grew around water supplies, but also near fault lines - because of the prevalence of tin, copper, gold and other minerals and precious metals. These are in the earth because of tremendous pressures and forces working in them which changed, for instance, carbon to diamond etc. Fertile land on or near volcanic activity is another reason for early civilisation growth. And the earthquakes and volcanic activity were a part of the earth's creation - subduction churns the oceans and is necessary for life, plates moving created mountains. Mountains then create climate, and climate includes atmospheric changes in wind and precipitation. All earth's systems are linked, but it seems that all is off kilter.

When Jesus said "earthquakes in one place after another" it seems to indicate an increase in number and severity as we move to the end. So that imbalance is more due to humans unable to rule themselves, living in great populations in earthquake prone zones, and the whole world's rulership not being controlled by Jehovah, but by Satan.

Everything is out of balance, because everything is connected. But then you throw in man's stupid environmental disasters, and the imbalance is magnified, and we are brought close to oblivion.

25 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

When Jesus said "earthquakes in one place after another" it seems to indicate an increase in number and severity as we move to the end. So that imbalance is more due to humans unable to rule themselves, living in great populations in earthquake prone zones, and the whole world's rulership not being controlled by Jehovah, but by Satan.

Some theories are that the drilling for oil has increased earthquakes.  We know fracking causes earthquakes.

Human activity is certainly a big factor, which is why I mentioned it was because of humans' inability to rule themselves, to make the best decisions in using earth's resources. They just make it all worse, and it's undeniable in this day how human activity affects the earth's biology, geology and weather systems.

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Glad you've come out of lurk mode.  Missed your posts. ^_^

I just don't always have anything worthy to post.  :shrugs: :shrugs: 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

I just don't always have anything worthy to post.  :shrugs: :shrugs: 

I wouldn't let a little thing like that bother you, it doesn't hold the rest of us back!:lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

There are lots of natural phenomenon I'm anxious to find out why they happen and how they will be in a perfect world.  We've had earthquakes, for example, far longer than fracking and other man-made causes.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, typhoons, severe thunderstorm, etc...  All of those natural events were occurring long before man stared affecting the weather through technology or misuse of the environment.  

Are these natural disasters a result of some environmental change after the Flood?  Many think so.  Many jump beyond the Bible and feel that the water canopy was involved in keeping some kind of balance.  We really don't know.  Maybe there was some change after the Flood.  Why, though, would Jehovah do that?  If God can become whatever he needs to become, and can do anything he wants, why would he A) Remove the water canopy and not put it back right after the flood (the flood waters evaporate and restore the canopy) or B.) Cause the flood in such a way so as to NOT result in lasting earthquakes and other natural disasters.

It will be interesting to find out.

My questions exactly.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 minutes ago, harmania said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_earthquakes

Here is list of some historical earthquakes, seems there's been quite many long time before last days started.

If you look into the 20th and 21st century lists, you can see a definite increase in "great" earthquakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_earthquakes

Here is list of some historical earthquakes, seems there's been quite many long time before last days started.

Luke wrote about "great earthquakes", and Mark and Matthew said there would be "earthquakes in one place after another". (Mt 24:7; Mr 13:8; Lu 21:11) So we need to look at the scale as well as the spread of earthquakes.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

28 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Luke wrote about "great earthquakes", and Mark and Matthew said there would be "earthquakes in one place after another". (Mt 24:7; Mr 13:8; Lu 21:11) So we need to look at the scale as well as the spread of earthquakes.

Johan

...and factor in the increased pangs the earthquakes have caused due to increased destruction and loss of life...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yeah, did not meant to mean anything else then that there has been earthquakes before 1914 and before humans could have much effect on them. So it makes me also ask question, why we have earthquakes that kill people. What did change after paradise, or was it always like this? Or maybe humans effect them more easily then we think? Cut a tree somewhere, and earth shakes other side of earth..

58 minutes ago, harmania said:

What did change after paradise, or was it always like this?

That has always been one of my favorite questions.  There have been several interesting discussions about earthquakes here on JWT.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D