JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

2 minutes ago, truce said:

Well the direction from the Slave was rather simple, innit?

It's not so simple to follow.  When you attempt to put anything into the boxes for reporting your time, only numbers appear as options.  No letters are available.  There is a note you can add at the bottom, and I guess you can put yes or no there, but I don't know what will happen if the other fields are left blank.  I had to report my hours this month, so I couldn't try that option.

1 hour ago, truce said:

Actually in the letter it was brought out that the start date for the new yes/no option is November 1st. And it was emphasised starting with the October report. Anyway, it is what it is. We don't use NW publisher app in my neck of the woods. I suppose it's privately owned. 

Please read the letter as posted just below your comment.  Point #4 spercifically states (in the first line of that point) that we will begin with the October report.

rep1.JPG

3 hours ago, truce said:

The instruction said just put in Yes or No. Why is your elder saying something else if you're not pioneering?

Or maybe 144000

3 hours ago, truce said:

Okay. Just surprised there are still any who insist on putting in their hours. It will take some getting used to. 

In my congregation, the letter has been read more than twice so far. Was again repeated last night. 

2 hours ago, truce said:

Actually in the letter it was brought out that the start date for the new yes/no option is November 1st. And it was emphasised starting with the October report. Anyway, it is what it is. We don't use NW publisher app in my neck of the woods. I suppose it's privately owned. 

2 hours ago, truce said:

Well the direction from the Slave was rather simple, innit?

Many congregations use the NWPublisher App - it is quite common in the US. The app has a report feature that reminds you to submit your report. However, the app has not yet been updated to the new arrangement.

When you try to use the app to submit your October report, this is what the screen looks like (without the volume slider):

image.thumb.jpeg.2148dfea7b96785c4e4717c7f733acb7.jpeg

As you can see, the only box that allows text input is the comments. However, if you do not enter any hours, the submit button (not visible in the above image) is not active and you cannot submit the report. Until this is updated (perhaps next month) some number must be entered if you are to send the report with this app.

The Branch has NOT directed us to not use this app - it is perfectly acceptable to use ... just needs a workaround for this month.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Parale said:

Ah, but given the opportunity it's your chance to put in the highest number you can, say 999 .... even though there where only 744 hours in October :-0

Perhaps the principle at 2 Kings 13:18, 19 ??

Please don’t put 666 or you maybe misinterpreted 🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I just wrote an SMS:

Hey xxxxxxx,

Report for October

Active: Yes

Studies: xx    (Not telling you guys 😝)

That's it. No need for an app, and my calendar always gives a pop-up to send my report.

No need for apps that do the same as sending an SMS. 

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

It's not so simple to follow.  When you attempt to put anything into the boxes for reporting your time, only numbers appear as options.  No letters are available.  There is a note you can add at the bottom, and I guess you can put yes or no there, but I don't know what will happen if the other fields are left blank.  I had to report my hours this month, so I couldn't try that option.

If you can type leetspeak enter in image.png.1eb793df5d72c6bdc8d5a6b238afb388.png which spells yes

Edited by Pabo

As I look over the early entries in our congregation's Hourglass app, those checkmarks look AWESOME! 😎

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 10/8/2023 at 3:24 AM, Pjdriver said:

I guess when elders are considering a brother to appoint, they’ll just go by his visibility, now instead of avg. hours. 

I never did like the idea of everyone reporting hours. The opposers used to say we were trying to earn salvation.

Of course we know that’s not true.....but.....

I feel the same way too brother. .

I feel like our value is only measured by hours. 

Im not a fan of the idea of reporting hours.. 

40 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I just reported my time the same as always for October.  I heard the new reporting started in November, so I guess that means the report for November.

I'm sure the brothers appreciated your report and that it gave them the information they needed. 

As John posted earlier, the October 13 2023 letter that was read to all US congregations said:

4. What does this mean for you? Beginning with your report for October 2023, if you are a 
publisher, you will now simply indicate (1) whether you shared in any form of the ministry 
during the month and (2) the number of different Bible studies you conducted. If you are an 
auxiliary pioneer, a regular pioneer, a special pioneer, or a field missionary or are in the 
circuit work, you will now simply report (1) the number of full hours you spent in the ministry
and (2) the number of different Bible studies you conducted

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes, that's what was announced at our meeting as well. Sorry I haven't been posting much, everyone. I'm here in Rochester Minnesota with my wife, she just underwent major heart surgery and is currently trying to recover. Once they release her from the hospital and we return home I'll try to post something in between caring for her over the next week. Good morning to all, and have a wonderful day!

And if any of you are looking for a reason to shake your heads in wonderment and amazement at such a monumentally stupid statement, enjoy what the Pope said in the following article:https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2023-11/pope-trusts-in-human-wisdom-to-avoid-escalation-of-war-in-gaza.html (Especially the second paragraph under the heading War and Antisemitism)

Our ministry may become vital once false religion is destroyed. If we are leaving the judging to Jesus...then imagine how many people will be caught flat footed once false religion is no more...where will they turn? Even if they can no longer deny that we were right all along...will they make the change at that crucial time? 

We don't know, but one thing we DO know, Satan's disgusting lies about religion will have disappeared into the vacuum of emptiness where they have always belonged. 

What an incredible time to be alive, what a spectacular time in history to be standing there, ALREADY on the right side of the line.

Holding our heads high won't be scary, it will be a wonderful RELIEF...and not for ourselves...but because we witnessed Jehovah's name being vindicated LIVE...right before our very eyes.

Just a little longer, we're no longer in the last stretch of the race friends... we're THERE...our fingers are stretching and straining forward...the finish line tape is literally just out of grasp of our outstretched hand...our goal is inches away in Jehovah's eyes... so please... just keep stretching out...and let Jehovah's arms catch all of us... let's all of us hear it together, "Well done, my dear friends!"

30 minutes ago, Timl1980 said:

Sorry I haven't been posting much, everyone. I'm here in Rochester Minnesota with my wife, she just underwent major heart surgery and is currently trying to recover.

Tim, don't worry about posting. This site is only a hobby, many things in life are much more important than participating here. We appreciate your comments whenever you have some time to visit.

I hope everything went well with your wife's surgery and that she recovers quickly and well! Taking care of her is the most important thing right now. :)