JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

31 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Nice try

I wasn’t trying to be funny, I’m actually quite serious: the videos from the new brochure are already online:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODLovePeople

I don’t see the need to keep anything confidential at this point. Even the second half of the annual meeting is on jw.org

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wasn’t trying to be funny, I’m actually quite serious: the videos from the new brochure are already online:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/VODLovePeople

I don’t see the need to keep anything confidential at this point. Even the second half of the annual meeting is on jw.org

Yes, the videos for the new releaase are avaialbe, but we'd like to wait for the monthly broadcast to be available "publicly" (as in - you see it as "What's New" or it is in the JWLibrary app) before letting comments fly.

Thanks for understanding.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

ALWAYS better to wait for Jehovah’s channel.

All the ones that saw it earlier saw the wrong version, it's been updated and now they will have to see it again.

Just Kidding!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I expected it around 10-11 am NZ time and it's just aft er 10 am here.  This is the time other Broadcasts have appeared. Although some have been earlier.

Do you have daylight saving in NZ? Broadcasts usually dropped here on east coast Aus around 07:30-08:30. So with DS in place, that might now be pushed out to 08:30 - 09:30

Edited by SteveAus

4 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

Do you have daylight saving in NZ? Broadcasts usually dropped here on east coast Aus around 07:30-08:30. So with DS in place, that might now be pushed out to 08:30 - 09:30

Yes we do. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

It's 4:30 EST here and it still hasn't dropped.  Wonder if they found the need to change or remove something before they posted it and are scurrying to make the changes and get it online. The hard part is that we got all this hype about it (and half a dozen notifications to watch it from the NW publisher app) and so far, no broadcast.  There must be an unusual circumstance.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 minute ago, shali said:

It's 4:30 EST here and it still hasn't dropped.  Wonder if they found the need to change or remove something before they posted it and are scurrying to make the changes and get it online.

I think it´s a lot being uploaded at the same time. So we have to be patient. Many languages! Jehovah wants us to know at the same time ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

16 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Some here in NZ have it on jwlibrary already. Hasn't appeared for me.

I'm pretty sure New Zealand is a day ahead of us here in the States. We may not see the broadcast show up till tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, truce said:

You can still watch the broadcast at home in a couple of hours, many days before the CA. 

I'm wasn't talking about the surprises we will HEAR in the broadcast. 

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I remember someone asking about the goal to put in at least 10 hours a month, I don't remember which topic it was in. I recently found this, and I thought it might help answer their question.

*** w64 4/15 p. 254 Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom ***
However, Jehovah’s witnesses who have family responsibilities try to spend at least ten hours each month speaking with others about God’s kingdom, conducting Bible studies in their homes if possible. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

the goal to put in at least 10 hours

My wife, when she was young said they had a board with all the publishers' names on it that had their service report displayed for all to see. This was in California. I do not recall this happening in my Washington State Congregation. I do recall the 10-hour goal being stressed at the service meeting. This was also when you could vacation pioneer for a two period with an expectation of getting 75 hours. "If circumstances prevent you from being a regular pioneer, a special arrangement is made so that you can “vacation” pioneer for one, two or more months. If you can vacation pioneer for only a couple of consecutive weeks, then the requirement is seventy-five hours"-A Letter from the Pioneers — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”