JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

I’m looking for the January Watchtower and I can’t find it.

It's available in JWLibrary in my area 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

I was waiting for some update about the brothers in Israel and Palestine, but so far no news, I feel worried for them.

FWIW I don't think the Governing Body really use the GB Updates for that kind of 'hot' news thesedays - if there is any news to report it will be presented as a typed-up News Report in the 'What's New' section of the website. (so keep checking!)

It appears the GB Updates are nowadays used to primarily highlight more planned, and organisational news.

And remember the GB Update that was used to give us news regarding the earthquake in Türkiye that had happened four weeks previous (2023 #2).... well that whole section about Türkiye was deleted from the Update shortly after it was released 🤷‍♂️

TBH, although It was said in another thread that the GB Updates are apparently recorded on the Monday, and released on the Friday, which I don't doubt, though it seems watching them that they could be recorded far earlier than that, ready for broadcast.

Having said that, there was chatter here regarding if - following COVID - the GB Updates would be stopped, but I'm pleased they are (currently) continuing...

4 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I will be 80 come next month, and I plan to jolly-well succeed in this, yet, unknown adventure. 
If I can do it, my young sister can too!

@Miss Bea She just had a chuckle with your post 🤭 I’m positive you both will have a lot to talk about coming up in the Truth, serving Jehovah, and countless experiences in the ministry. It’s true what the Bible says: “Gray-hair is a crown of beauty, When it is found in the way of righteousness.” — Proverbs 16:31. I’m happy you’ve found the link to watched the update from this morning, and the January 2024 Watchtower. Enjoy a cup of tea ️ 

3 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

J'attendais des nouvelles des frères d'Israël et de Palestine, mais jusqu'à présent, aucune nouvelle, je suis inquiet pour eux. Que Jéhovah veille sur eux au nom de Jésus-Christ !

If I may, @Dhanyel : last Saturday a brother from the Israel branch gave a talk. He clarified that he could not give us details, of course, but until last Saturday in any case, there were no injuries or deaths among our brothers. There are no Jehovah's Witnesses in the Gaza Strip but there may be those who are interested. This part of the land would apparently not depend on the branch of Israel. But perhaps I misunderstood the detail. That's all I know. I hope we will have news soon and that they will not correct the data too much (unless it is wrong)

6 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

If I may, @Dhanyel : last Saturday a brother from the Israel branch gave a talk. He clarified that he could not give us details, of course, but until last Saturday in any case, there were no injuries or deaths among our brothers. There are no Jehovah's Witnesses in the Gaza Strip but there may be those who are interested. This part of the land would apparently not depend on the branch of Israel. But perhaps I misunderstood the detail. That's all I know. I hope we will have news soon and that they will not correct the data too much (unless it is wrong)

Gaza is a region that is not listed in the year reports. Doesn't mean there are no witnesses.

That said, I expect that the report you heard probably is right, but we do not know wether there are brothers and sisters, or interested ones, in the region of these Kibbutz. We just have to wait!

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

3 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

Gaza is a region that is not listed in the year reports. Doesn't mean there are no witnesses.

That said, I expect that the report you heard probably is right, but we do not know wether there are brothers and sisters, or interested ones, in the region of these Kibbutz. We just have to wait!

I saw this report so I await information.Screenshot_20231016-173241.thumb.png.bedde4a6ebb293a5f5c851d97baa56f4.png

9 minutes ago, Rodejong said:

Gaza and the West Bank together form what is known as the Palestinian Territories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_territories

As such the Palestinian Territories have been listed in the annual report since 2011

Below are the recent figures

image.png.9e87a94fe4dc63d8abb754cc57904c80.png

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/worldwide/PS/

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Let November 6, 2023 come

Why couldn't the first Monday be the first day of November! We have to wait a whole week almost! I have a feeling there is going to be more spiritual nuggets. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

9 hours ago, Jwanon said:

It's not aimed at experienced brothers, but for those who are young in the truth or the elderly to assist them in remembering key verses

I used the old "make sure" when I was a regular pioneer. Kept it in my bookbag. Very handy at the door finding a scripture on a topic being discussed.

12 hours ago, Parale said:

Interesting that no mention of, or reference to, the Reasoning book was made.  🤔

And no reference to the 1953 (brown) edition of the Make Sure book either....

.... only to the 1965 (turquoise) edition of the Make Sure book.

I used the brown book.

4 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Do we still need the Reasoning Book?

Remember, the book is just shy of 40 years old (1985).  We have had 121 "clarifications of belief" (doctrinal changes) since it was published.  If you use it for reference, double-check the changes.  I generally don't quote Watchtowers or other references from the 1980s in my Public Talks.

• WilliamChew changed the title to 2023 Governing Body Update #7
  • trottigy unpinned this topic