JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I'd rather exercise patience in this regard.  I bet it will be there by the end of the day today.  I definitely want to order a printed copy though when we are allowed to.

Edited by shali

Add a sentence

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did we enjoy he look back at the "Make Sure" book.  Ah, the memories. Many of us had it bound in the back of our Bibles for field service use...❤️

Defiantly took me down memory lane. Most people in the ministry believed in trinity, hell fire and immortality of the soul, so the book was a must in the ministry bag. Of course no electronic gadgets then 🤣

2 hours ago, SKnight said:

Awww, I can’t stop crying I'm so joyful for GB #7 update. Thank you Jehovah! I remember the Green Book, and Reasoning From the Scriptures. Both were very helpful and handy. Scriptures for Christian Living seems so simple to use., I think my 82 year young mother can navigate it…, let’s hope!🥰

Okay, I’ve searched all over the place. I have not been able to access that new update!

From what I see, it’s exciting, and I don’t know what the scenario is with your 82 year young Mom, but,I will be 80 come next month, and I plan to jolly-well succeed in this, yet, unknown adventure. 
If I can do it, my young sister can too!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

Okay, I’ve searched all over the place. I have not been able to access that new update!

From what I see, it’s exciting, and I don’t know what the scenario is with your 82 year young Mom, but,I will be 80 come next month, and I plan to jolly-well succeed in this, yet, unknown adventure. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

Here´s the link dear sister: 

https://www.jw.org/finder?locale=en&lank=docid-702023021_1_VIDEO&docid=1011214&applanguage=E

❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

49 minutes ago, truce said:

I skimmed the new book/brochure on the website and for some reason  I can't NOW see why it was produced. 

As the brother says in the bulletin 2 tim 2:15 correctly handling the Word, then a modern help

Today I use whatapp with a group just me and my wife and there I add my favorite biblical texts or pastoral texts or texts that I need to improve, then in the magnifying glass in search I filter the word and I find the text that I put there
Very confusing, I know

For me this new book will help me in these searches I make, and I'll leave whatsapp.

And I see that for our students it's an initial tool for quick searches and learning more about using the Bible.

Getting students used to having this new book or using it more for themselves

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did we enjoy he look back at the "Make Sure" book.  Ah, the memories. Many of us had it bound in the back of our Bibles for field service use...❤️

Oh yes. I still have a few of those. It was pretty common to get the Bible and Make Sure bound together. The brothers were kind enough to print the Make Sure on the same paper they used for the Bible.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Looking at the study lessons in the January 2024 Watchtower go hand in hand with our year text. Study 1 is "Conquer Fear by Trusting in Jehovah" with the year text as our theme. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

4 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Looking at the study lessons in the January 2024 Watchtower go hand in hand with our year text. Study 1 is "Conquer Fear by Trusting in Jehovah" with the year text as our theme. 

That first study lesson is so beautiful!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Okay, my new best friend. I looked up, “Anxiety”. Been going through a rough time. (I have depression, yes, I’m medicated) But, it seems like sometimes things just pile in on me. 
I need to go back and finish reading it!

Later♥️♥️♥️♥️

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

2 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

It's not aimed at experienced brothers, but for those who are young in the truth or the elderly to assist them in remembering key verses

They didn’t say that. 
Anyone of any experience may have difficulty remembering where a certain text is. The book is design to help all. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 minutes ago, Jwanon said:

It's not aimed at experienced brothers, but for those who are young in the truth or the elderly to assist them in remembering key verses

The introduction of the book doesn’t say that…. https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102021612

23 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

If this is not a preparation for the great tribulation, what else could it be then, I am happy with next year's text, very encouraging, the book is also a gift that will be useful for everyone without exception, an excellent tool.

All other studies are repeated information from recent watchtower studies

jehovah is surely preparing us for GT

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• WilliamChew changed the title to 2023 Governing Body Update #7
  • trottigy pinned this topic
  • trottigy unpinned this topic