JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2323 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

it is always interesting to see the constant increasing number of partakers since 2005, especially this year.....nearly 3000 more than last year and the highest number since 1954.....

How many partook in 1954? 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

8 minutes ago, rocket said:

According to the 1955 yearbook for the 1954 service year on page 45, the memorial report said: "17,884 professed to be of the anointed."

8 minutes ago, timpin said:

Thank :) The fact that the number is so small in comparison to the rest of us strengthens my faith that this is the truth since Jesus said the anointed would be a little flock - Luke 12:32. It's funny how all in Christendom claim that they are going to heaven when mathematically that can't be correct.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On ‎25‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 0:24 PM, Samira said:
Branches of Jehovah’s Witnesses:  89 
Total Congregations: 119.485 
Number of Lands Reporting: 240 
Publishers: 8.340.847 
Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 20.085.142 
Memorial Partakers Worldwide: 18.013 
Total Number Baptized: 264.535 
Pioneer Publishers: 1.128.697 
Home Bible Studies: 10.115.264 

Did you hear something about Austria?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have guesses as to what will happen to the 10,115,264 bible studies conducted (world wide)...when the

great tribulation breaks out?

I've thought about these circumstances...from several angels...but, I can't rationalize any of

the scenarios I came up with.....at least, not with any biblical proof!:confused:

6 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Does anyone have guesses as to what will happen to the 10,115,264 bible studies conducted (world wide)...when the

I've thought about these circumstances...from several angels...but, I can't rationalize any of

the scenarios I came up with.....at least, not with any biblical proof!:confused:

I recon that's why Jehovah trusts Jesus with making the righteous judgement call.  Whatever happens it will be righteous.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 11/26/2016 at 10:26 AM, TobyB said:

it is always interesting to see the constant increasing number of partakers since 2005, especially this year.....nearly 3000 more than last year and the highest number since 1954.....

Oh Boy! Here we go again. We can now deduct about 3,000 more anointed from the first century and the following centuries leading up to the last days. Right?  :uhhuh:

Edited by minister159

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

8 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Oh Boy! Here we go again. We can now deduct about 3,000 more anointed from the first century and the following centuries leading up to the last days. Right?  :uhhuh:

...and divide that by 40, then double it, double it again and multiply it by 10. That gives you the number that you are looking at...

:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

...and divide that by 40, then double it, double it again and multiply it by 10. That gives you the number that you are looking at...

:whistling:

and based on that proper reasoning and the fact that Brother Sanderson is doing the January 2017 JWB, the GT will begin right after that   ...   or the first Monday after the Memorial   ...   or right before the first 2017 RC, or right after the last RC   ...   or  ....  tomorrow    ....   or   ....     .....      

...   Keep on the Watch!   

Don't Give Up     

Edited by timpin

On 12/15/2016 at 0:36 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

I've always imagined that those studying when the great tribulation begins will have to decide which side they want to be on. Jehovah's or satan's.

On 12/15/2016 at 0:36 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

great tribulation breaks out

Angles, angels in heaven, myriads of them!

I've always imagined that those studying when the great tribulation begins will have to decide which side they want to be on. Jehovah's or satan's.

My "understanding" is those who have already taken Jehovah's side, by dedication and baptism, will be going on thru the great tribulation!
This was explained by an elder some years ago.

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:36 AM, nanceebgd46 said:

I don't know the answer. But Jehovah reads hearts and he knows those who are worth giving a chance in the new system. Whatever his decision may be, it will be both just and merciful.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Last year the Yearbook was released on the last Friday of the Month, Dec. 25, 2015.  I would't be surprised to see it released this year any day between Dec. 23 and Dec 31.  Maybe last year was just an exception to the preceding years where in it was released the first or second week of Jan.  With many of the friends off work and the kids out of school for the winter break it would sure be nice reading and time well spent.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)