JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guess Who. Biblical Game

surfergirl

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Correct! Somebody give Bro. Lynn two chocolate chip cookies! :)

Can anyone guess the remaining two characters?

Adam and Eve?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1/12/2017 at 11:06 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

A bit of Bible trivia: 

From memory, can you recall the four prominent named characters in the Bible who committed suicide?

(No googleling!) :tsk:  :)

I thought of King Saul.  I can not give any more answers because I learned of the others while reading, not from memory.

Yes, King Saul was another!  1 Sam. 31:4 reads:

Then Saul said to his armor-bearer: “Draw your sword and run me through with it, so that these uncircumcised men+ may not come and run me through and deal ruthlessly* with me.” But his armor-bearer was unwilling, because he was very much afraid. So Saul took the sword and fell on it.

Finally, the last one named in the Bible is ??

(Clue:  Hebrew Scriptures)

Two More suicides:

Ahithophel     2 Sam.17:23

Zimri     1 Kings 16:18

Technically Abimelech was not a suicide as he ask his armor bearer to kill him as he didn't want others to say that he was killed by a woman.   Judges 9:54

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Quite right! The last character was Ahithophel. 

(Side note: I was mainly thinking about those who used some sort of instrument or apparatus to put themselves to death but yes, anything or object can be used that hastens such a manner of death is applicable.) So, technically there are 5 suicides recorded in the scriptures.  Nice work!

9 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Quite right! The last character was Ahithophel. 

(Side note: I was mainly thinking about those who used some sort of instrument or apparatus to put themselves to death but yes, anything or object can be used that hastens such a manner of death is applicable.) So, technically there are 5 suicides recorded in the scriptures.  Nice work!

Some say that Samson was not so much a suicide since his purpose was to kill Philistines but he died in the process.

• 3 weeks later...

This Apostle of Christ' name might make one think that he belonged to a Jewish party opposed to the Romans but maybe it was just  his religious zeal.  He has the identifying attribute of a saw because tradition says he was killed by being sawn in half.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2017 at 2:00 AM, rocket said:

This Apostle of Christ' name might make one think that he belonged to a Jewish party opposed to the Romans but maybe it was just  his religious zeal.  He has the identifying attribute of a saw because tradition says he was killed by being sawn in half.

Simon the Zealot? (acts 1:13)

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

On 2/4/2017 at 11:00 PM, rocket said:

On 3/30/2017 at 10:58 AM, EVE 2015 said:

Simon the Zealot? (acts 1:13)

Correct

On 4/6/2017 at 6:59 AM, Patinage said:

Deborah was a prophetess but she was also a judge.

Correct - Deborah was the only female Judge recorded in the Bible.

New: My father though old gave me a tunic because I was his favorite.

Edited by rocket

On 4/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, rocket said:

3 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

Joseph

Correct

New: Because of bitterness I told people to call me Mara.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:30 AM, rocket said:

New: Because of bitterness I told people to call me Mara.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:36 AM, bohemian said:

Naomi

Correct

New:  My dad was a synagogue presiding officer who asked Jesus to heal me.

On 4/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, rocket said:

Correct - Deborah was the only female Judge recorded in the Bible.

But she is not recorded as among the 12 judges of Isreal, so even though she "judged" she is not included in the judges - just a clarification for those who might think she was among the 12 judges of Isreal.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D