JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

I wonder why some songs have the ability to transport you back in time to such a degree that you can even remember the touch, the smell, the emotion of all that was going on at the time you first heard it?  I don't know any other thing that has the ability to do that to me. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder why some songs have the ability to transport you back in time to such a degree that you can even remember the touch, the smell, the emotion of all that was going on at the time you first heard it?  I don't know any other thing that has the ability to do that to me.

You're so right, Leslie!!!!

I experience this very often.

Chrissy :wave:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dmitri Shostakovich Symphony No 1.

I just obtained the complete symphonies of Shostakovich conducted by Mark Wigglesworth and I am listening to them in order of composition.

I love his music.

post-166-0-57973400-1444243772.jpeg

Edited by bohemian

• 3 weeks later...

:headphones: Lalo Schifrin's "Warning: Live Blueberries" :wacko:  :blink: 

And, Christopher Cross "Ride Like the Wind" :ph34r: 

Speaking of Lalo Schifron...Does anybody know if he's still a brother?

I remember an article in an Awake waaaaaaay back.  He was explaining

the dangers of the music industry.

He wasn't mentioned by name, just that he wrote the theme to "Mission Impossible"

and, being a Lalo Schifron fan, I knew who the article was talking about. ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Forgotten September by 

Boom Jinx & Thomas Bergersen

Reminds me a little of "Sometimes, in Winter" by Blood, Sweat and Tears:

Both, so beautiful and soothing...and sort a' sad. post-5984-0-67053900-1447105982.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I watch and listen to the PBS classical music. In Austria, beautiful setting, beautiful music, people dancing in the aisles, and just let my mind wander to hundreds of years in the future, the music, settings, and, yes, us dancing in the aisles. One of my new system fantisies.

What am I listening too? The clock ticking, and my husband pounding nails. For a former bedroom that he is redoing as a study for me. For most of my life, it was, "make-do". Now, I feel spoiled. He actually made me a deck that is upstairs, and outside our bedroom. The upstairs heat is too much for me. Off topic, I know. Sorry

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I watch and listen to the PBS classical music. In Austria, beautiful setting, beautiful music, people dancing in the aisles, and just let my mind wander to hundreds of years in the future, the music, settings, and, yes, us dancing in the aisles. One of my new system fantisies.

What am I listening too? The clock ticking, and my husband pounding nails. For a former bedroom that he is redoing as a study for me. For most of my life, it was, "make-do". Now, I feel spoiled. He actually made me a deck that is upstairs, and outside our bedroom. The upstairs heat is too much for me. Off topic, I know. Sorry

love to just listen to the sounds of nature and the house settling at night.  Sometimes just quiet is so wonderful to hear.  Nothing except quiet breaths.  It must sound like music to your ears knowing the hammering of nails is bringing you closer to your study!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 3 weeks later...

I read the post on James Bond and thought about that Adele's song Skyfall so looked it up on Youtube. I remember liking that song a couple of years back.

Her voice is beautiful, so is she physically too. To my eyes and ears anyway.

Edited by Raindrop

A lady known as Paris, romantic and charming
Has left her old companions and faded from view
Lonely men with lonely eyes are seeking her in vain
Her streets are where they were, but there's no sign of her
She has left the Seine

The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay
I heard the laughter of her heart in every street cafe
The last time I saw Paris, her trees were dressed for spring
And lovers walked beneath those trees and birds found songs to sing

I dodged the same old taxicabs that I had dodged for years

The chorus of their squeaky horns was music to my ears
The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay
No matter how they change her, I'll remember her that way

I'll think of happy hours, and people who shared them
Old women, selling flowers, in markets at dawn
Children who applauded, Punch and Judy in the park
And those who danced at night and kept our Paris bright
Till the town went dark

(the lyrics to Jerome Kern's "The Last Time I Saw Paris"/I found these words better then the homage paid by the singer Celine after the terrorist attacks in Paris, France)

• 7 months later...

Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kijé  Romance suite.  I first heard this in Sting's song Russians in the mid 80's.  It was a song that certainly resonated with me.  Humans everywhere want peace, especially at that time with the Cold War still on.  How much more so now?  It's so much more obvious we need the new world.

• 4 weeks later...

Buffalo Springfield. 

I really like some of their songs but I think they had only two albums before they broke up, Neil Young was in the original band.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu.jpg                                                                                                      

And 2 members later went on to form Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.  Such perfect harmony.

Edited by Precision

6 hours ago, Precision said:

That is one of their more well known songs. I also like "I Am A Child" it really highlights Neil Young's voice.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D