JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

This photo was taken yesterday by a local resident - we've been having some spectacular thunderstorms and lightning strikes.   The weather has been very hot - in the mid to high 30s each day.   Unfortunately, not much rain, and when it does, the humidity aftermath is just as bad as the build-up to the storm.   Thankfully we can switch the air-conditioners on.  We're getting soft - our wet seasons in Brisbane aren't like they used to be. 

Storm clouds over Moreton Bay taken from Shorncliffe by resident Timothy Baxter during the recent hot weather.

Storm clouds over Moreton Bay taken from Shorncliffe by resident Timothy Baxter.   (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-03/moreton-bay-clouds/7136196)

10 hours ago, Sheila said:

The weather has been very hot - in the mid to high 30s each day.   

35°C would be 95°F.  40°C would be 104°F.  Had to do the conversion to get what you were talking about.   Too bad the whole world doesn'the use Celsius.

22 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

35°C would be 95°F.  40°C would be 104°F.  Had to do the conversion to get what you were talking about.   Too bad the whole world doesn'the use Celsius.

Agreed. I think Fahrenheit can give a more precise measurement because it is 180 divisions between freezing and boiling, however Celsius is a simpler 100 divisions between freezing and boiling and starts at zero instead of 32.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1/27/2016 at 3:36 AM, Sheep said:

Use the option below the text editor that says "Drag file here to attach, or choose files..." Then click the + sign in the image to attach it.

It's new to all of us, my sister...

Thanks Brother very much. 

pictures of south caringbah.jpe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I was replacing bad lights at the AH yesterday and I took a picture of the equipment we have to use to access the lights. It is a small one-man man lift , however it is put on a separate lift so it can be lifted over the seats, then I had to climb into the man-lift to get to the lights. The man-lift is made by Genie so a Genie helped me replace bad lights yesterday...:)

20160205_113518.jpg.bb36f759e8ba5baffc6d

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I was replacing bad lights at the AH yesterday and I took a picture of the equipment we have to use to access the lights. It is a small one-man man lift , however it is put on a separate lift so it can be lifted over the seats, then I had to climb into the man-lift to get to the lights. The man-lift is made by Genie so a Genie helped me replace bad lights yesterday...:)

That is so cool, I'd run that!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

So,if you are on the upper lift, and you change a light bulb, then the bottom lift has to be moved, is it wired so that you can move the bottom lift from the top?  If not,  that means that, either you have to come down, move the bottom lift to the next light that has to be replaced, then climb back up to the top lift, OR someone has to be att he bottom to move the lift to the next position while you are still on the top lift.

So how many Witnesses does it take to change a lightbulb?:lol1:

8 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

So,if you are on the upper lift, and you change a light bulb, then the bottom lift has to be moved, is it wired so that you can move the bottom lift from the top?  If not,  that means that, either you have to come down, move the bottom lift to the next light that has to be replaced, then climb back up to the top lift, OR someone has to be att he bottom to move the lift to the next position while you are still on the top lift.

So how many Witnesses does it take to change a lightbulb?:lol1:

Two. The straddle assembly attaches to the man-lift and then the cable hand cranks on each end raise the man-lift above the height of the seats. Once it is at the right height we are able to roll it into place each time, then climb back into the man-lift to access the light. The entire assembly (no pun) is pushed to the next light. There are support extensions on each corner that are cranked down to secure the lifts before anyone gets in it. 

"...there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."--Proverbs 18:24

56b7903b2680f_Sheeptosheep.jpg.b0ddfa773

Friends...in Jehovah's flock.

I have found that being related by FAITH creates a closer bond than merely being related by blood.^_^

Undoubtedly, because we're united by Jehovah's 'super glue', his holy spirit.  Fun.gif.64962abc65fe46f8bb289af9167988f1

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif