JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

2 hours ago, rocket said:

I was intrigued by this photo that turned out this way quite by accident.  The camera was in motion when I snapped the shutter and only the helicopter is in focus. I started looking for a camera that I could afford that has up to 60x zoom and that I could select the focus point in post production. I am settling on the Panasonic FZ80 Lumix Camera though I don't as yet have it.

I have heard of those kind of cameras before. I thought they would be real cool, not having to worry about focusing the camera before taking the shot. I didn't know cameras like that were already in production. The price still looks a bit steep for me, but thanks for the heads-up!

48 minutes ago, Qapla said:

That is a nice lense - what camera do you have it on?

It's Canon 80D .... I wasn't expecting macro performance from the lens especially handheld as the lens does not have image stabilisation. It's early cool lens ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

18 hours ago, Sheep said:

I have heard of those kind of cameras before. I thought they would be real cool, not having to worry about focusing the camera before taking the shot. I didn't know cameras like that were already in production. The price still looks a bit steep for me, but thanks for the heads-up!

A camera that can shoot 4k pics and 4k video with 60x optical zoom and picture stacking and all under $400 (US) is something to dream about anyway.  Used ones for $200 - $300 (US) What is really cool about shooting a burst of pics is that with over 40 points of focus and each of those points captured separately one can compose & save multiple images of different focus with one shooting.  Taking your pic above with the bug and yellow flowers for example. With one long click of the shutter, multiple choices can be saved, bug only in focus, all in focus, flowers only in focus or as your pic a combination of bug and some flowers in focus. You know how hard it is to get a perfect shot of a bee in a flower. Always moving.  With a burst shot, no worries, pic the best of the burst and throw the rest away.  I'll see when I get the camera if it is as easy as it all bragged up to be. Most of all I am looking forward to the zoom capabilities of the camera as I like taking pics of seabirds on offshore rocks called sea stacks or hay stacks. Digital zoom makes for a very grainy picture at 50x zoom.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

6 hours ago, rocket said:

A camera that can shoot 4k pics and 4k video with 60x optical zoom and picture stacking and all under $400 (US) is something to dream about anyway.  Used ones for $200 - $300 (US) What is really cool about shooting a burst of pics is that with over 40 points of focus and each of those points captured separately one can compose & save multiple images of different focus with one shooting.  Taking your pic above with the bug and yellow flowers for example. With one long click of the shutter, multiple choices can be saved, bug only in focus, all in focus, flowers only in focus or as your pic a combination of bug and some flowers in focus. You know how hard it is to get a perfect shot of a bee in a flower. Always moving.  With a burst shot, no worries, pic the best of the burst and throw the rest away.  I'll see when I get the camera if it is as easy as it all bragged up to be. Most of all I am looking forward to the zoom capabilities of the camera as I like taking pics of seabirds on offshore rocks called sea stacks or hay stacks. Digital zoom makes for a very grainy picture at 50x zoom.

Sounds interesting 

What is the brand of the camera and specs? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

17 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Sounds interesting 

What is the brand of the camera and specs? 

Panasonic FZ80 Lumix Camera

Specs:

http://cameradecision.com/review/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ80

the Lumix FZ82 or FZ85 (Canada, Europe) is the same camera as the FZ80 one sold in the US.  The FZ72 is HD but not 4k.

These are bridge cameras - a bridge between a point and shoot camera and a DCLR.

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-bridge-camera-1259503

Edited by rocket

Is that a shrub Greg? Do they smell? That is amazingly beautiful. I'm intrigued by your plant life there, one day I want to live there for a while.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Jacob Hamblin Arch, Kane County, Utah

INSIDE view:

THREEjacob-hamblin-natural.jpg.853140355221f31fc5ebb7188fa181e5.jpg

OUTSIDE view:

5992460b6f122_TWOJacobHamblinArchKaneCountyUtah.jpg.8a244fdb66da59ab29d0d278ed492d60.jpg

Can you imagine, hiking along, and suddenly coming upon this natural wonder?:o

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Is that a shrub Greg? Do they smell? That is amazingly beautiful. I'm intrigued by your plant life there, one day I want to live there for a while.

It's a tree.  Do they smell? Well I am well "conditioned" to the smells of the trees here but since they belong to Eucalyptus family ..STOP writing :confused: ..need to go and smell them to provide you with an accurate answer.

Yes we do have amazing plant life... really amazing ... :backflip:

Edited by Gregexplore

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Jacob Hamblin Arch, Kane County, Utah

INSIDE view:

THREEjacob-hamblin-natural.jpg.853140355221f31fc5ebb7188fa181e5.jpg

OUTSIDE view:

5992460b6f122_TWOJacobHamblinArchKaneCountyUtah.jpg.8a244fdb66da59ab29d0d278ed492d60.jpg

Can you imagine, hiking along, and suddenly coming upon this natural wonder?:o

To get to the Jacob’s Hamblin Trail, you willl need to travel about 35 miles on Hole in the Rock Road, that begins east of Highway 12 in Escalante. Hole in the Rock Road is a very long, wash board road.   It is difficult to drive with a small car. Even with an SUV or truck, your max speed is going to be 40mph.

Once you reach the “Forty-Mile Ridge” turnoff, go left. Travel on this very rocky road about 4 miles till you see a parking lot and a water tank on your left. It will be the first parking lot you see on Forty Mile Ridge. This is the parking lot for Jacob’s Hamblin Arch Trailhead.

http://utahsadventurefamily.com/guest-post-coyote-gulch-via-jacobs-hamblin/

I think the 35 miles of washboard road would take the,  "wow! ain't that cool" right out of me and that's not even mentioning the 2 mile hike and steep descent on your bum.   30 years ago I would have said, when do we go, sounds like fun. I've hiked most of the National Parks in Utah, and it is all amazing to see. Well worth the sun burns, sore knees, blisters on feet, back ache, rattle snake startles and dehydration from not taking enough water. 

19 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

It's a tree.  Do they smell? Well I am well "conditioned" to the smells of the trees here but since they belong to Eucalyptus family ..STOP writing :confused: ..need to go and smell them to provide you with an accurate answer.

Yes we do have amazing plant life... really amazing ... :backflip:

Oh my gosh, I'm a Eucalyptus freak. I've had it on the dash of my truck, in my living room, in the entry, everywhere. I even have it in essential oils. Anyone who goes in service with me know me as the 'herb' lady, I love Eucalyptus foremost. 

Please let me know about the smell, I'd like to know. Rub the leaves too, they could produce a scent.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks for posting this great picture....that's something else...very unusual ....seems

like there may have been water involved in its structure??

https://zschierlphotography.com/2017/04/  More pics of this breathtaking landscape, some showing the waters around and mention of damming which may have rerouted some of the streams. I'm curious about the structural development here.  

Someone said to me they went on holiday and their wife mentioned the lovely smell of the “Mentholyptus trees”.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

7 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Mentholyptus trees

Never heard of them:perplexed:. Eucalyptus trees I have seen - in laws have some on their property.:) Menthol - I have used it in crystal form - 40 odd years ago.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

12 hours ago, rocket said:

http://utahsadventurefamily.com/guest-post-coyote-gulch-via-jacobs-hamblin/

I think the 35 miles of washboard road would take the,  "wow! ain't that cool" right out of me 

Not up for the hike. I noticed the family made a snack of starburst fruit chews and marshmallows.  Well, I have a math activity I wrote  which uses Starburst fruit chews to 'discover' the Pythagorean theorem. Yah, I'll think of those blistering trails  if I use that math-lab this school year.  I'll do some local hiking, but this is one natural wonder I will  enjoy in picture form, at least for now. 

Edited by kejedo