JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Assembly/Convention lunch ideas?

On 7/31/2024 at 7:14 AM, Mike047 said:

It can be different things to different people,  and there are Devon Pasties as well as Cornish pasties, but to tell the difference: 

One easy way to detect the original Devon pasty from the Cornish is that the Devon pasty has a crimped top, and is oval shaped, whereas the Cornish pasty is semi-circular and crimped on the side, along the curved edge. The Cornish pasty is shaped like a 'D'. Ingredients in these pasties vary, but usually include potato, onion, beef, swede (Turnip in Cornwall speak). There is often a little seasoning of salt and pepper. They also have a chunky texture:

Devon pasty:  image.png.8dad736e41bd757d08c2558a6a5c9bc7.png

Cornish:  image.png.c5212bfd2a8fe348c3c7fc4902546b22.png

They are both delicious and filling. Excellent when away at a convention or circuit assembly.

That looks very yummy. I guess it's like the British version of an empanada :)

4 minutes ago, Esined said:

and kalamata olives

I avoid anything with oil or grease, so I don't get anything on my suit.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I find putting large tissues on my lap, minimises potential hazards when eating at the convention. One problem as you get older is that you get clumsy, so need to be doubly careful.

Do you have any detailed recipes?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

Você tem alguma receita detalhada?

**Ingredients**

Blender Pie

- 2 eggs

- 1 1/2 cups of milk

- 1/2 cup of oil

- 1 cup of all-purpose flour

- 1 tablespoon of baking powder

- 1 grated carrot

- 1 can of corn

- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese

- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste

**Instructions**

Blender Pie

1. In a blender, combine 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, and 1/2 cup of oil. Blend for 2 minutes.

2. Next, add 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.

3. Pour half of the blender mixture into a greased and floured baking dish.

4. Add 1 grated carrot, 1 can of corn, and 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.

5. Then, add the rest of the batter and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese to taste.

6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.

7. Serve immediately.