JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Injustice Abounds for Our Dear Russian Brothers : (

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2953 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Doug said:

This reminds me of a comment made by a sister from South Korea: "I am ashamed that my country is so backward and ignorant".

Russia has a powerful demon prince in control.

On the other hand, it seems Russia and the old Soviet satellites have proven to be a fertile ground for the work, if you look at the exponential growth since the fall of the iron curtain. They are, as opposed to those in the West, still a god-fearing people towards the outside. Maybe this is why Satan is resisting the work so strongly by means of governmental oppression. All he needs in our countries is evolution and Christmas consumerism.

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Corrupt Russian police plant evidence where none exists. :(

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/police-planting-evidence-video/

Just shows how desperate Satan and this wicked system of his are.. discredit Jehovah and his organization at any cost.. The end of this wicked system of things must be soooo close.... :)

Jehovah heard our prayers and, by divine intervention, He had our Azerbaijani sisters released from an unjust incarceration recently.  Let us now pray for our brothers, not only in South Korea and Eritrea, etc., but in Russia as well. 

To our dear brothers and sisters in the Russia Federation: we are aware of the insidious/Satanic plot to stamp out the Truth over there.  Always know that our loving God Jehovah's hand is never short.  This matter is now in His hands and it is HE who will determine the final outcome. Please recall the beautiful lyrics to an appropriate kingdom melody:

"With Jesus blood He brought you, to God you now belong.

So he will make you firm, and he will make you strong.

He'll guide you and protect you as he has all along

Yes he will make you firm

And he will make you strong!"

- - - - -

So, to our friends in the Russian Federation we pray:

Stand firm!

Stand firm!

Stand firm in your faith!

My wife left Russia last night and arrived back in Ukraine a couple hours ago. She sent a message that the border guards even went through her wallet and searched all her bags. They are giving Ukrainians a very hard time and intimidating them just because they can. I look forward to hearing her thoughts when she went to the meeting while visiting her russian father. Her mother is Ukrainian. My son who speaks fluent russian has no respect for Russians because of the way they treat people. Unless his grandfather comes to visit Australia [which he did in 2011 ] I don't think they will ever see each other again. It's a pity because for a worldly Russian he is a nice guy. I am well aware of their intimidation tactics with the witnesses. sad 

15 hours ago, Doug said:

Russia has a powerful demon prince in control.

Yeah, and he's using the clergy of the Russian Orthodox church as his dupes to carry out his dastardly deeds, "while framing trouble in the name of the law." -- Ps. 94:20. We can be absolutely sure that the "man of lawlessness" is the one fomenting this persecution of Jehovah's people with corrupt government officials as their cohorts. Things haven't changed much in that regard in almost 2,000 years.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

How childish this is of the government to try that. It's shameful. I'm glad the brothers were prepared for this and had cameras installed. Good call by the sister who urged the friends to record the government official who was caught trying to plant the Teach book.They got caught in their own lies. May Jehovah help and sustain these faithful brothers as they endure such foolish and unjust treatment. 

22 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

May Jehovah rebuke them. Jude 9 and Daniel 11:44, 45

only rebuke ?

Ezekiel 38:22-23 is better.

"pestilence and bloodshed; and I will rain down a torrential downpour and hailstones and fire and sulfur on him and on his troops"

I'm mad <_<

Out of all the extremist groups, the terrorist groups, and those who stir up political and racial hatred over the earth--none are backed or participated in by Jehovah's people. You would think that ANY earthly government would be happy to have law-abiding citizens living in their country. They can only improve any situation they are in by the love, generosity and helpfulness they display.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

My wife has just returned to Ukraine after a week in Russia. A brother whom we have known for several years took her to the meeting. His mother in law had just died so he could not stay for the actual meeting. If my wife had gone there by herself she would not be allowed entry. It is called "facecheck". First at the gate the brothers will only allow in those who are known to the witness from the congregation. No strangers are allowed entry to the meeting. No bible studies can come to the meeting by themselves. They must be with the person they are studying with. Valera verified my wife is a witness from Australia and then at the door there is another facecheck before she is allowed inside the KH. Then Valera left to care for his wife who was very upset her mother had died. 

In another congregation someone ' planted' a book under the tablecloth on the podium. They did a search and of course they 'found ' the book and closed the meeting place. The 'king of the north' is getting more bolder and more aggressive. I am sorry to see all this happening but from prophecy we know it's going to deteriorate even more. We used to go to Crimea for our holidays when we were in Ukraine so it is even more real to us knowing that our brothers and sisters are so restricted.  My wife did not take even her tablet with her so when she went to the meeting she had absolutely nothing that could compromise our brothers and sisters. I will update in more detail how they actually conduct a meeting  when my wife has returned in 2 weeks. 

Tim... If you discuss specifically what is happening in Russia ..  Do it in the member only area..   I am sure you understand 

Thanks 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, a3a27988 said:

I would like to follow this topic but I don't know how to do it 

At the top of the page is a green oval with + sign and a number. Click on the + to follow this Thread.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Or on the iPad  it is a green oval with a plus sign .. As ones post it turns to a brown oval  with a gear and a number  in it ..  A pop up will let you choose your options.:)

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

• 2 weeks later...