JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

March 2016 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2947 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/5/2016 at 3:10 PM, molnarj said:

It was AWESOME! Sadly, someone else have no sense of smell. The sister due to bombing and me due to careless doctor performing sinus surgery on me more than 20 years ago. :nope:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

WARNING.gif.5f5b46e37a3273f5045a7bdb3863

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!

If you haven't seen the March 2016 JW Broadcast yet, turn back now. 

Some points to ponder:

I feel like the sister in the broadcast said, like I've just been hugged by Jehovah.56ddf86bcec8b_LOVEWarmthandfeeling.gif.8

Psalm 16:11 Count your blessings
Proverbs 4:25 See the Big Picture, i.e. the Future Paradise
Ecclesiastes 4:6 Get enough rest

Take courage for enduring whatever trials may come our way by
reading about faithful ones who also had to undergo trials.
Bible reading refreshes us.
James 5:17 Elijah had feelings like ours

He went from a spiritual high: seeing Jehovah pour down fire and rain from the heavens,
running 19 miles (1Kings 19:3,4)

to a spiritual low: Woe is me! (1Kings 19:14)

Jehovah restored him:

1-problem solved

2-help from a fellow prophet

3-reminder that he was not alone (7,000 others also remained faithful)

1Peter 5:6+7 Throw all your anxieties on Jehovah
1Peter 5:9+10 We're not alone, either.  Jehovah will finish our training and make us strong.
Be willing to LISTEN, LEARN AND OBEY our FRIEND, Jehovah.

The love and care of our brothers and sisters is like a hug from Jehovah.

Job 42:5 Stay focused on Jehovah and his Sovereignty.

2 Corinthians 6:13 WIDEN OUT  We really need one another.  Don't put any restrictions on your brotherly love.

1 John 3:18  Actions speak louder than words.  JUST DO IT!!!

The bombing  of our brothers and sisters in Sydney, Australia:  (Awake Jan.8th, 1992)
Coping with PTSD and the question, "WHY?" : 
Was an attack on Jehovah's sovereignty and his name-sake people.

Visits by brothers and sisters and family, well-chosen words in cards and letters,
like being wrapped in a warm, cozy blanket.  A way to say: "We're with you!"

Focus on the REAL life!!!  Dwell on others' problems and how they kept their integrity.
We are never alone. (Brother in African prison)
Jehovah is ALWAYS with us.  Jehovah will not forsake us.

Matthew 7:4  Don't be critical of others!!!
Pray for forgiveness and humility and Jehovah will help us.
Changing ourself is the best way to change what we see wrong in others. (Isaiah 32:1)

Watch the new morning worship video: "A Hiding Place From the Wind"

Psalm 27:10 Jehovah will take us in and be our family.

Find reasons to be thankful.  1 Thes. 5:18  

Be thankful for the things you have and not envious of the things you don't.

Psalm 27:14  HOPE IN JEHOVAH!!!

Latest original JW Broadcast song: "Imagine the Time"  56ddf96002975_MusicSINGING.gif.49b179705

Reminder of the Memorial on Wednesday, March 23rd.

Recipe for the unlevened bread used for the emblem of Christ's body.

A greeting from our brothers and sisters in southern Ethiopia. 56ddf98e36681_Grouphug.gif.0d8b2ee736b88

There's nothing quite like getting a big ole hug from our loving Heavenly Father, Jehovah.56ddf94d1db36_Nogrinning.gif.8578cdf506c
And, I am MOST thankful for! CLAP17.GIF.fa45e4c129460790321360d29b4ac

Especially today.  I just had to have my 12-year-old kitty put to sleep. Sigh.gif.4fa947c34f6260603bcf96c662879b2

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Here's the latest original song, for anybody who wants it: 

"Imagine The Time"  March JW Tv song 56ddc678b4626_MusicHeadphonesGROOVIN.gif

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

Rosanne, you beat me every time! (Now stop that!)

All of the original songs in mp3 format, including the latest song, are in my collection of songs. This month, no one's voice interferes with the intro of the song, so I didn't need to wait for the stand-alone video. And I must admit, my version is not "clipped" at the end like yours. (so there)

I couldn't wait to put the mp3 on my iPad shuffle, so I could listen to it on the way to the vet's office.56de0ffbeb891_GrinBig.gif.706582d51bb6d0  (I was hoping the music would drown out the mews of my kitty.)

I prefer YOUR mp3's for burning CD's, though. yes.gif.29b77271da1f78f3d0c124feb72595ee

Just finished reading the Jan. 8th, 1992 AWAKE about the bombing: "We Survived a Murderer's Bomb"

According to the article, the bomber was never convicted, due to lack of evidence.Sigh.gif.d9d9ad701ccec49be7c72b314675d1a

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

According to the article, the bomber was never convicted, due to lack of evidence.

I think there was more information on this forum recently...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I couldn't wait to put the mp3 on my iPad shuffle, so I could listen to it on the way to the vet's office.56de0ffbeb891_GrinBig.gif.706582d51bb6d0  (I was hoping the music would drown out the mews of my kitty.)

I prefer YOUR mp3's for burning CD's, though. yes.gif.29b77271da1f78f3d0c124feb72595ee

I'll tell you a secret. When the stand-alone video is uploaded to JW Broadcasting, I'm going to redo the mp3 file. In order to avoid clipping the song at the end, I faded it about one second early. Look at my collection again once the video shows up online and you can get a corrected version. The date on the mp3 will tell you if I've done it yet.

There Rosanne... but don't tell anyone. :secret:

28 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I'll tell you a secret. When the stand-alone video is uploaded to JW Broadcasting, I'm going to redo the mp3 file. In order to avoid clipping the song at the end, I faded it about one second early. Look at my collection again once the video shows up online and you can get a corrected version. The date on the mp3 will tell you if I've done it yet.

There Rosanne... but don't tell anyone. :secret:

56de1946cd6b8_Mylipsaresealed.jpg.54c753

56de19680d1b5_LaughingSnickeringDoggy.gi

6 hours ago, Vido said:

What an encouraging broadcast. Especialy the experience of our precious brother Peter and his wife, from Australia. Although they endured a traumatic experience when the Kingdom Hall was unceremoniously bombed and were left injured. We draw motivation from their positive and upbeat frame of mind, even though they still feel the after effects of the bombing. 

The general tone of the broadcast is that of maintaining a positive frame of mind despite the many hardships we may experience.  Brother Jackson recounted his fair share of his trials and tribulations, showing that our precious brothers from the governing body are not immune from these trials.

I really like the point when it was explained why Jehovah allows things like that to happen to his people.

Too bad Christendom cannot explain why -- they only further indict God by claiming he caused it by way of a mysterious "plan". Its right there in the Bible that Jesus' followers would be persecuted, and that we all will suffer through "critical times".

That was a very pointed reminder.

20 hours ago, Pallen said:

I don't think anyone can give a specific answer to that, we just have to wait until it is posted:  https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201603

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Enjoyed the monthly program as always and came away with many things to ponder.  However, one very important reminder by Brother Jackson is:

This is NOT the real life!

Yes, the fiery chariot is on the mooooove!  And I patiently await the city having real foundation--God's Kingdom! :)  Can I get an amen? 

Enjoyed the monthly program as always and came away with many things to ponder.  However, one very important reminder by Brother Jackson is:

This is NOT the real life!

Yes, the fiery chariot is on the mooooove!  And I patiently await the city having real foundation--God's Kingdom!   Can I get an amen? 

For sure, this is not the real life..now, what can we call it?

Sent from my TECNO H5 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, AH173 said:

It was AWESOME! Sadly, someone else have no sense of smell. The sister due to bombing and me due to careless doctor performing sinus surgery on me more than 20 years ago. :nope:

I don't have a good sense of smell because I fell on my head a lot as a young boy. It has its advantages as well :)

4 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

My question is, "can you help me with the rafter in my eye, so that I may help you with the straw in your eye?" emoji6.png

I gotta keep working on humility!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

wasn't that cool how the bus and the guy with the piece of lumber interacted!?

And yes, we continue being re-adjusted. See, we simply may not get along.  We have timely help in the form of the brother, who had to realise the importance of being readjusted and to forgive the minor imperfections of his brother.

This came as a timely lesson to me, particularly.