JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brussels Airport and metro rocked by explosions, at least 21 dead

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2867 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Unfortunately, it's happened again.  Bomb blasts in Brussels at the airport and at a metro train station just days after the arrest of the main suspect in the Paris Nov 2015 bombings.  It's a very sick world...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-22/brussels-airport-metro-rocked-by-explosions/7268106

I heard but cannot confirm there may have been Brothers hurt or killed in this one. It was from a FB post that I got. If anyone has info please share.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

just received this from my friend:

" I contacted several of the friends there.  I have heard from 2 so far.

One of the brothers that works at the airport was on his way to service for the entire day at the airport area.  He is safe, thanks to Jehovah.  He is now in the process of calling the brothers and sisters to be sure that they are safe.  He said he will keep me posted.

A sister said:  it's kind of chaos, but we are safe. All the brothers and sisters I know are fine too,even for ones who work in airport. University where I work is now closed.  We are at level 4 for security. 

This is what I know about our brothers there.  Please keep them in your prayers.  We are so deep in the last days. " 

and this from a brother in Belgium, my husband knows:

YES. . .YES. . .!!!
WE are O. K.
We were actually in field service when we heard.
I contacted a person who works at the airport (the exact place where the bomb was detonated), she was not on duty.
She knows most who work there and had had contact with them but NO ONE WAS HURT.

2 hours ago, Samira said:

and this from a brother in Belgium, my husband knows:

YES. . .YES. . .!!!
WE are O. K.
We were actually in field service when we heard.
I contacted a person who works at the airport (the exact place where the bomb was detonated), she was not on duty.
She knows most who work there and had had contact with them but NO ONE WAS HURT.

Thanks be to Jehovah for that.  I have not looked at any of the pictures  ... we went through a similar thing here in Paris and it's strange, I didn't think I was effected but I guess I was since I'm feeling a bit shakey and emotional hearing this.  I pray with all my heart that the brothers and sisters are all okay and feel so sorry for the victims.  Oh  how we yearn for the kingdom!!

Edited by sunshine

I was reading the news and saw the picture of the young  Purevian woman coming to New Jersey for a her sisters wedding.  Her husband and daughters survived this horrible act. Such a beautiful family viciously disrupted so many innocent lives.  So appreciate Our God Jehovah ...His Son and the Kingdom.

Edited by CyreJay

Typo

• 2 months later...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)