JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Br. William.  My installation shows considerably more files.

Do you have more that one version installed?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

John, you are viewing "c:\program files (x86)\watchtower".

Mine is a sub-folder below it "c:\program files (x86)\watchtower\Watchtower Library".

Thanks William.

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Do you have more that one version installed?

No Richard, I uninstalled all previous versions.  Br. Chew pointed out that I am one level higher in the folder.

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

Thanks William.

No Richard, I uninstalled all previous versions.  Br. Chew pointed out that I am one level higher in the folder.

wtlib.JPG

I have less files than you do in the same folder.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Has anyone received the monthly update to the new WTLIB?

I was anticipating we would receive an update at the beginning of the month so we'd have the meeting material available.

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Has anyone received the monthly update to the new WTLIB?

I was anticipating we would receive an update at the beginning of the month so we'd have the meeting material available.

Mine is updated through December16, 2016, has this weeks study WT in it.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 minutes ago, Old said:

Mine is updated through December16, 2016, has this weeks study WT in it.

Same here, I was just wondering when we will receive the 2017 publication updates.  I'm curious if we get them before we use them or after we use them. The 2015 WTLIB mid-year update gave us the publications after we used them.

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

wtlib.JPG

I have less files than you do in the same folder.

I did some more investigation.  Although no versions of the Library shows as installed except the new one, I found and old 2013 copy of the files (which accounts for the added number.  There is no uninstall available for these files.  I have moved them and will decide what to do with them later.  After the removal, the new totals match the ones you show.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, glames said:

I really love this arrangement of updating the Library, because sometimes the CD took long to be sent to the congregation. but now it is just a click. THANK YOU JEHOVAH!!!

Yes. Our WT Library either CD or DVD always takes until August to arrive.

So good to have it early.

6 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Yes. Our WT Library either CD or DVD always takes until August to arrive.

So good to have it early.

A literature shipment arrived at the AH this week and as the brothers were sorting it out, I noticed a lot of small boxes. I assume our DVDs have arrived, I'll know in the next week or so. However, thanks to the kind brothers here at JWT, I already have the new WTLIB. :)

Being that you guys are discussing the WT Library, I have a question. How do I attempt to put the files in a folder. It seems as though I've downloaded them but unsure as to what to do next! I can usually handle this kind of "stuff' but I'm baffled on this one!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

1 minute ago, walkr2 said:

Being that you guys are discussing the WT Library, I have a question. How do I attempt to put the files in a folder. It seems as though I've downloaded them but unsure as to what to do next! I can usually handle this kind of "stuff' but I'm baffled on this one!

You need to extract the files from the zip file.

Make sure you have 976 files in 401 folders.

Then run WTLSetup.exe

Bro. Chew, I believe I extracted the files and WTLSetup.exe was grayed out so to speak. In other words, I couldn't click on it. I think I might delete everything and start over!

4 hours ago, walkr2 said:

Bro. Chew, I believe I extracted the files and WTLSetup.exe was grayed out so to speak. In other words, I couldn't click on it. I think I might delete everything and start over!

Can you tell us how you extracted your zip file?

Here is a link on the steps to extract a zip file in case you don't have winzip installed.

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-.Zip-File-Without-Winzip

Ok brother, I will go back in and attempt this method before I delete everything! Will post if it does/dosent complete the process. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm still having trouble opening the Watchtower Library on my Windows 10 laptop.  I've tried compatibility mode for Windows 8 and Windows 7 and still can't get past the opening image.  I checked the "systeminfo.exe" folder in the Library found found that it is listing the following files as "missing" even though they are not:

DefaultDACFont.mcf

DefaultTTFFont.mcf

MEPSSystem.mcf

m2u_wtlib.dat

u2m_wtlib.dat

systeminfo.exe

The Windows 2016 I installed shows all those folders with the following size:

DefaultDACFont.mcf - 9.83 MB

DefaultTTFFont.mcf - 2.61 MB

MEPSSystem.mcf - 9.67 MB

m2u_wtilb.dat - 6.82 MB

u2m_wtlib.dat - 6.72 MB

systeminfo.exe - 799 KB

Now the only thing I can figure out that might be making a difference is the folder that the above files are in : C: ProgramFiles (x86)/Watchtower/Watchtower Library/E

I'm thing the "E" may be the problem?  Should I just put all the content from the "E" folder straight into the Watchtower Library folder?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I transferred everything from the "E" file directly into the Watchtower Library file and it still didn't work, it coudn't locate the wtlib.exe file (and neither could I).  I'm at my wits end here as to what the problem could possibly be.  I've never had a problem before with any of  the other Watchtower Library's and it's such a puzzlier that my old XP didn't have a problem with this installing this file but my new Windows 10 does!

I have installed the unzipped files and they works fine of my Dell PC desktop computer running Windows 10 (with the latest updates).  I also installed the same unzipped files on my Teclast Windows 10 tablet.  It also works OK.  I have shared the files with 7 other brothers and all of their installations are working correctly.  Some of them uninstalled the previous version and some did not.  It did not seem to make any difference in the operation.  I have used the files from a DVD that I burned and from a USB 'flash-drive' and both performed the same way (except that the USB drive required the use of the "setup" rather than "autorun".

This really shouldn't be happening.  All the files that my systeminfo file is saying are missing are actually there.  My stupid computer won't let me take a screen shot to show you what files are where when I unzip and install the files.  If I can figure out what the problem is, I will post screen shots of my systemfile info and what is in the "E" file when I install the files.

25 minutes ago, shali said:

I transferred everything from the "E" file directly into the Watchtower Library file and it still didn't work, it coudn't locate the wtlib.exe file (and neither could I).  I'm at my wits end here as to what the problem could possibly be.  I've never had a problem before with any of  the other Watchtower Library's and it's such a puzzlier that my old XP didn't have a problem with this installing this file but my new Windows 10 does!

I believe the "_E" is important.  it identifies the installation as 'English" (I think).  If you were to install the Spanish version, it would need to locate the other language files.  I think they will be in "_S".  So you can't remove the "E".

Also, my files end up in this folder address:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Watchtower\Watchtower Library\E

I am sure it is just a typo but you are missing the backslash (\) after the C: in your file address.  This identifies a subfolder.

Edited by jwhess

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

I believe the "_E" is important.  it identifies the installation as 'English" (I think).  If you were to install the Spanish version, it would need to locate the other language files.  I think they will be in "_S".  So you can't remove the "E".

Also, my files end up in this folder address:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Watchtower\Watchtower Library/E

I am sure it is just a typo but you are missing the backslash (\) after the C: in your file address.  This identifies a subfolder.

I was copying that file name from memory, I didn't do a copy and paste, the slash is there - wish it was that simple of a fix!

Yes, three times.  Everytime I only get the opening image and when I try to open it and when I check the systemfile folder in the Library it tells that those six files are missing (as I stated above) even though they aren't!