JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

2 minutes ago, Musky said:

It may be available in other languages, but the only file we have is the English version.

This is an English forum. Perhaps if those who speak other languages could find a similar forum in those languages...?

I hope you all can overlook how I came off in my original and follow up post.  I never intended to sound like that,  After reading it several times and listening to this sunday's Watchtower it became apparant that I had to come back here and apologize.  Please forgive my post.  :(

Edited by The Deej

Just now, The Deej said:

P.S. I'm not going to delete it.  I'll leave it there to remind me of what not to do.  lol?:zipmouth:

We love you bro - John 13:35

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, The Deej said:

I hope you all can overlook how I came off in my original and follow up post.  I never intended to sound like that,  After reading it several times and listening to this sunday's Watchtower it became apparant that I had to come back here and apologize.  Please forgive my post.  :(

2 hours ago, The Deej said:

P.S. I'm not going to delete it.  I'll leave it there to remind me of what not to do.  lol?:zipmouth:

Hello brother Deric,

It's all good.  I know you only had the best of intentions and your concerns we're indeed legitimate. Many others share your sentiments, and even I did at one time. Allow me to explain...

I understand exactly where you are coming from. In fact, back in 2010, another "JW friendly" website was offering the WT Library for download. At the time, I published a long blog article called "Watchtower Library - Honesty, Ethics, and the Internet" essentially slamming this person for his disobedience (I have since hidden/unpublished the article on my blog - and I don't usually believe in deleting or erasing anything). The license agreement says what it says.

However, in recent years we have softened, and it is for this reason: Our organization is now publishing most of this stuff on the web themselves. Anybody can go to JW.org and obtain literature, even literature that at one time you could not get unless you were a publisher, such as a Kingdom Ministry (now called a Meeting Workbook) and an "Organized to do Jehovah's Will" book. It's all free for the taking now. In addition, wol.jw.org has the library dating back to 2000 for most literature and even earlier publications. Anybody can go to the Windows Store, Apple Store, Google Play Store, and download our 3 official apps.

So, a lot of that legalese in the software agreement is necessary as it makes clear, legally, who owns the rights to that content. But is it really a big deal that brothers share a single CD (or ripped CD image) among themselves? My neighboring congregation orders ONE cd, and it gets passed around because the thinking is that it saves the organization money. And we know the organization has been all about conserving funds in recent times (not that a 10 cent CD is a big deal) and has been giving a big push to the use of electronic media and downloads.

So, here at JWTalk, while we will not host the ripped CD image files nor allow the link to be posted for legal reasons, we will also not police what individual brothers and sisters who have it decide to do with it. “Each of us will render an account for himself to God.” Romans 14:12. 

Your brother,

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

58 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Allow me to explain...

Oh sure, a beautiful response on the last year the DVD is available. ...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Oh sure, a beautiful response on the last year the DVD is available. ...:D

Har har har. Actually, I took down the article a few years ago when we were clearly embracing this electronic age :D

Speaking of the CD. I would love the link also. Some in my congregation are already asking if I can hook them up, lol

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 9/1/2017 at 11:52 PM, Sheep said:

This is an English forum. Perhaps if those who speak other languages could find a similar forum in those languages...?

To be honest this comment makes me feel (and propably others that english is not their native language) little bit uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

To be honest this comment makes me feel (and propably others that english is not their native language) little bit uncomfortable.

I think what was meant was that other languages for the dvd are perhaps more likely to be found there. Not that non English folks are not welcome here.