JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

3 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I love seeing ones who have received it also helping others get it. Well done!

:thumbsup:

When I received the link I was told not to share it, has that changed? :confused:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, The Deej said:

Am I the only one that thinks nobody should be sharing an image of the new library DVD?  These are supposed to be ordered through the literature department at your own congregation. Am I missing something?  

Can you provide a reason for what you are thinking?

Edited by Shawnster

Edited confrontational comment

Its clearly stated in the License aggreement that we are not to copy or share any software from the Watchtower organization.  That seems pretty clear.  Here you go.  

*** wtlib-help License Agreement ***
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE. You may not do any of the following: Sell or provide the Product, the SOFTWARE, or the DATA in exchange for money (even if no profit is involved); post all or any portion of the SOFTWARE or the DATA on the Internet (including any website, file-sharing site, or social network); distribute the DATA with any software application; duplicate for distribution all or any portion of the SOFTWARE on any kind of compact disc or other duplicating device; alter the SOFTWARE; reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, disassemble, or decompile the SOFTWARE; sublicense or lease the SOFTWARE; use the SOFTWARE with other access programs; use or call subroutines (.DLL routines) provided by the SOFTWARE to create new or derivative works, including utilities; remove or obscure Watch Tower’s copyright and/or trademark notices; or use the SOFTWARE for any commercial purpose.

Edited by Shawnster

Edited confrontational comment

2 hours ago, The Deej said:

Am I the only one that thinks nobody should be sharing an image of the new library DVD?  These are supposed to be ordered through the literature department at your own congregation. Am I missing something?  

If you look under watchtower library help, License agreement.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. .....
You may transfer the Product to another party who is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses who agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.

For example. If you receive a physical DVD copy would you feel you shouldn't share the DVD to others? In our case we have an electronic copy which we are sharing. So I see no conflict in sharing the soft copy among our brothers.

Maybe you can explain why you feel its wrong.

2 hours ago, The Deej said:

*** wtlib-help License Agreement ***
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE. You may not do any of the following: Sell or provide the Product, the SOFTWARE, or the DATA in exchange for money (even if no profit is involved); post all or any portion of the SOFTWARE or the DATA on the Internet (including any website, file-sharing site, or social network); 

And it is for this reason that we do not host a download link on our site.  However, as William pointed out, we are comfortable with our members sharing the information privately.  

21 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

And it is for this reason that we do not host a download link on our site.  However, as William pointed out, we are comfortable with our members sharing the information privately.  

I'm pretty sure we wont have this discussion next year....:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, abicastillo said:

Dear Brothers, 

Thank you in advance, may I please have a copy of the link (Wt Library - English)? Also, do any of you know if there is a link for the Library in Italian?

Agape, 

Abi

Sent

53 minutes ago, abicastillo said:

Dear Brothers, 

Also, do any of you know if there is a link for the Library in Italian?

Agape, 

Abi

I don't think so.