JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://pulse.ng/religion/pulse-opinion-poll-readers-say-jehovah-s-witness-should-not-be-labelled-an-extremist-organization-id6531983.html

Readers say Jehovah’s Witness should NOT be labelled an ‘extremist organization'

"According to The Sun, a lawsuit was filed at the country’s Supreme Court. The court hearing for this case started on April 5, 2017."

"Since then, there have been four hearings with no proof from the Ministry of Justice's attorneys to support their claims to shut down the church."

(Pulse NG is a Nigerian news media network)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

April 12, 2017

Why care that Russia's Jehovah's Witnesses face persecution – but get scant coverage?

https://www.getreligion.org/getreligion/2017/4/10/why-care-that-russias-jehovahs-witnesses-face-persecution-but-get-scant-coverage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This article referred to one of the few major magazines' articles on the subject.  Here is the New York Times' article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/world/europe/russia-moves-to-ban-jehovahs-witnesses-as-extremist.html?_r=0

Did the brothers have  their special talk in Russia  today?  And isn't the special talk usually two weeks after memorial?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Did the brothers have  their special talk in Russia  today?  And isn't the special talk usually two weeks after memorial?

The special talk usually is second Sunday after Memorial but I surmise the FDS wants to take on Christendom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

My husband did the special talk today - in the same week as the Memorial - which is different to other years. Maybe they think foik would forget if it were too distant from the Memorial and chuck out their invitations after the Memorial and lose the further talk date.

We actually had less people at the meeting for it than usual because it is a school and long bank holiday weekend here, so many families in the congregation had travelled away to be with relations at other KHalls for it.

12 minutes ago, kejedo said:

We had our Circuit Assembly yesterday, so for us, the Special Talk is next Sunday. Can Hardly wait!

Wow, spiritual gluttony...:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Tuesday the Memorial then we had our Pioneer Meeting on Friday Circuit Assembly on Saturday"Maintain your Love for Jehovah 

" and next Sunday is the Special Talk.

I should go to bed now...lol

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:08 AM, PioZak said:

As I understand it one of the exwitnesses testified that he was forbidden from higher education. The fact that three doctors were among those witnesses who had just testified does rather make for an awkward experience surely. And too are the lawyers themselves witnessses? If so this would add to the real contradiction of the testimony.  

Interesting how they blame Jehovah's Witnesses for decisions they themselves made after examining Bible principles!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I think I've said this somewhere else in the thread - but I'm glad this trial is taking this long - the courts are being thorough in trying to determine what evidence the MOJ has to label us extremist.  When the decision is made it will be hard to go back and try to get another appeal (if it is in our favor) or start another court case with another congregation - the courts by that time will think it's a waste of their time.  At some point they have to figure out where the origin of these false accusations is coming from!  Come on Russia - follow the bread crumbs!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Maksim Leonardovich Shevchenko is the president of the Center for Strategic Studies of Religion and Politics in the Modern World and a member of the Council for Development of Civil society and Human Rights under the president of the Russian federation.

He speaks out in our defence. 

https://crest9janews.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/russian-scholar-supports-jehovahs.html?m=0

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

My oldest son in Maine, USA, listens to Public Radio. He said a commentator evaluates the situation in Russia by concluding that Jehovah's Witnesses are an 'easy target" b/c they are nonviolent and will not retaliate (not by vote, either.)  The radio report said that this is the path of least resistance (for Russia)  and could be a precedent for attacking other groups.  Interesting to observe the reactions of smaller media outlets. 

On 15/04/2017 at 4:44 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Ouvir Fox News esta manhã-

Os cristãos mais perseguidos grupo no mundo como os ataques crescem:

Http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/14/christians-most-persecuted-group-in-world-as-vicious-attacks-grow.html

Devo dizer que eles não mencionaram o ataque em nós agora, que deveria ter sido notícia digna como há 170.000 cong ameaçado agora. Como eles sobre-olhar esse pouco de informação?

The Devil is trying to divert attention that the media began to give to Jehovah's people, the true Christians: first with acts of terrorism and attacks of war and now with the news of persecution of "Christians."

From Jeremiah 26:7-16:

"And the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of Jehovah.

"So when Jeremiah had finished speaking all that Jehovah had commanded him to speak to all the people, then the priests and the prophets and all the people seized him and said: “You will surely die…

"The priests and the prophets said to the princes and to all the people: “This man deserves the death penalty, because he has prophesied against this city just as you have heard with your own ears.”…

"Then the princes and all the people said to the priests and the prophets: “This man does not deserve the death penalty, for he spoke to us in the name of Jehovah our God.”   
……….
It is always this way. The princes have no problem with it. It is the priests and the prophets that oppose religious truth.

Perhaps it will be that way with Putin, if he can withdraw himself from the headlock of the Church.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

54 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I feel like if not tomorrow, in this week the court hearing will end in our favour! 

Positive thoughts are always good. Not that they care, but they know the world is watching....we know Jehovah is there in spirit as well. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”