JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UK Parliament attack?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2576 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Local Facebook reports indicate all brothers and sisters witnessing in the area are safe. I hope so.

Just awful for others though.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

It is interesting to see a true life example of real "terrorist extremism" as opposed to the false claim by the Russian government against the most peaceful people on earth..referring to us as "extremists"! ...:lol:Something for honest hearted people to think about!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

How are you all in London?  It shakes me up whenever I hear about another car plowing into crowds.  I'm so glad you let us know the brothers and sisters witnessing are all ok.  Jehovah is looking after things, and we need to see the bigger picture.  We just don't know in this very unstable world if we will be alive from day to day.  But so long as each day we are looking forward to Jehovah's kingdom, and living each day in his service, we can all keep our hope, courage and faith despite persecution and terrorism.

Interesting point from Bro Sanderson's special broadcast - we don't know when things will change quickly where we are living, even if things are "relatively peaceful".  

One of the pictures my wife saw on her phone looked like it might have been a cart and publications, I'm glad this site had already mentioned the friends were ok. I looked at the picture on my PC and we could see it was maps of London and not JW publications..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was debating whether or not I should renew my passport.   After what has happened in London, and in other countries like France, I think I'll skip Europe.  Skip other places too and stay in my own neck of the woods, stay close to my spiritual brothers and sisters here.    I pray our family in London were not found on the bridge and near Parliament.   This should wake up the Brits about these terrorists attacks.   How many remains to be seen and heard of through out parts of this Satanic world.    I know we're all praying for one another worldwide! 

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

How are you all in London?  It shakes me up whenever I hear about another car plowing into crowds.  I'm so glad you let us know the brothers and sisters witnessing are all ok.  Jehovah is looking after things, and we need to see the bigger picture.  We just don't know in this very unstable world if we will be alive from day to day.  But so long as each day we are looking forward to Jehovah's kingdom, and living each day in his service, we can all keep our hope, courage and faith despite persecution and terrorism.

Interesting point from Bro Sanderson's special broadcast - we don't know when things will change quickly where we are living, even if things are "relatively peaceful".  

Yes, his comments made me think too.

Relative peace in Australia suddenly can go upside down ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I was debating whether or not I should renew my passport.   After what has happened in London, and in other countries like France, I think I'll skip Europe.  Skip other places too and stay in my own neck of the woods, stay close to my spiritual brothers and sisters here.    I pray our family in London were not found on the bridge and near Parliament.   This should wake up the Brits about these terrorists attacks.   How many remains to be seen and heard of through out parts of this Satanic world.    I know we're all praying for one another worldwide! 

I'm not sure what you mean by this, Lisa.  We are very aware of the potential for terrorist attacks having suffered from them before.  We have been on a very high alert for a long time.  The 7/7 bombings brought it home very forcefully, but historically the IRA had a bombing campaign in London too.

My wife and I received very encouraging messages from brothers in Czech Republic and Slovakia concerned for our personal safety. It was good to know that we were in their thoughts.  We have been in that area so many times and cossed that bridge often.  One brother asked us to read Ezekiel 7:23-27.

This really is such a satanic world run by the ultimate sick loser, who's all out to harm as many as he can in his descent into oblivion.  The world's "thinkers" are talking about how unsafe we are now in the Western world as any disgruntled or ISIS inspired madman can mow down innocent people so easily with a vehicle.  It can happen anywhere and anytime, and it will happen again.  As things are winding down in Syria, these lone-wolf attacks will spread out to other cities around the world, where extremists are embedded in society.  No wonder Jehovah wants us to stay focused on our hope - keep looking at our salvation.  We are in for a very rocky ride.

Here is an interesting journalistic op commenting on yesterday's attack: London terrorist attack: Western cities will always be vulnerable to these attacks

7 hours ago, bohemian said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, Lisa.  We are very aware of the potential for terrorist attacks having suffered from them before.  We have been on a very high alert for a long time.  The 7/7 bombings brought it home very forcefully, but historically the IRA had a bombing campaign in London too.

My wife and I received very encouraging messages from brothers in Czech Republic and Slovakia concerned for our personal safety. It was good to know that we were in their thoughts.  We have been in that area so many times and cossed that bridge often.  One brother asked us to read Ezekiel 7:23-27.

My brother, I meant that no where seems to be safe anymore.   It's expected that Satan will continue to guide and direct these terrorists either one or two, or a group and or a armies worth to attack anywhere an anyplace.   Am even afraid to go grocery shopping in my neighborhood, its not so much terrorists, but criminal elements, like people robbing the store, fights breaking out in the store aisle (like the WalMart), people yelling out "You don't belong here."   Nationalism is bursting out like flames in my State, one of my brother's was attacked during daylight hours by 2 men in  a car, while the brother was walking home.   One of these men, had a baseball bat, and he stuck himself out of the passenger side window, and our brother who was walking on the sidewalk near the curb of that sidewalk was hit really hard and knocked down.   Fortunately, the brother who had dropped him off, saw this speed vehicle pass him with two men and he saw the 2nd man with a bat hanging out the passenger side window, he could see that they were both laughing.  Right away, for whatever reason, he turned around and went back where he had dropped off the brother.   He found him on the sidewalk, bleeding, and in shock.   The brother suffered a broken arm.  Last week at my meeting, that brother was at the meeting.   It was a racial attack, the police have not yet caught these "terrorists punks."   They probably will never find them, but Jehovah saw them and if its his will, they'll be revealed, if not, for certain they will be destroyed with the rest of the trash Satanic individuals at Armagadden.    So I just meant dear brother, that Europe used to be safe place, just like here in my back yard, but no where is safe.  Not even safe in the congregation  or your own home for example our brothers in Russia, who have now been banned again.    I still get out, but am I cautious.   Not living like a hermit or storing up guns and or whatever else these people are storing up (money, furniture or whatever).   Am very glad that none of our brothers or sisters were hurt or killed in this tragedy that hit London.  

4 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

So I just meant dear brother, that Europe used to be safe place, just like here in my back yard, but no where is safe. 

I didn't know what you meant either, Lisa.  Glad you clarified it.  I wouldn't say that Europe has ever been a safe place tho.  I was born in Australia because both my parents fled war-torn European countries to find some peace.  When I traveled to go back to Europe and visit the relatives, the cities are full of pick-pockets and thieves.  As Brother Christopher said, London in particular has had it's full share of terrorism from the 70's to just fairly recently with the IRA, and a lot of people were killed in the UK and London specifically, with even the PM Margaret Thatcher not being spared.  Earlier, London had the blitz - I couldn't think of anything worse.  And only 12 years ago, the terrorist striking the London underground and transport system killed 52 and injured over 700.  Then there is Madrid, and all the recent ones from Paris, Nice, Berlin etc etc etc

What you describe is also very scary and more localized, and is just as violent.  In whatever land we live in, we can see an increase in lawlessness that police can't cope with.  How do you stop someone from mowing down pedestrians in a mall or along the street?  Melbourne had that happen just in January this year, and though it was not a terrorist attack it made it even more scary.  Because this sort of murder by way of vehicle can be carried out by any disgruntled psychopath high on drugs - they don't need a religio/politico agenda.

That's what makes these sort of attacks very frightening.  Like I said earlier, it is going to be a scary ride....  No wonder it has been emphasised to "Trust in Jehovah and do good", with a Regional convention theme "Don't Give Up".  How close must we be?

Edited by hatcheckgirl

19 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Yes the brothers were on that very bridge as it happened! One of the brothers is in my congregation & said that the saw it happening but managed to leave quickly...he said they were shook up but ok. My nephew & his wife were on the earlier shift right on that bridge too! Very scary! Glad they were all ok. 

1 hour ago, Jothob said:

Yes the brothers were on that very bridge as it happened! One of the brothers is in my congregation & said that the saw it happening but managed to leave quickly...he said they were shook up but ok. My nephew & his wife were on the earlier shift right on that bridge too! Very scary! Glad they were all ok. 

So glad they were spared. Still, what they saw would have been horrific.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:23 AM, Tortuga said:

One of the pictures my wife saw on her phone looked like it might have been a cart and publications, I'm glad this site had already mentioned the friends were ok. I looked at the picture on my PC and we could see it was maps of London and not JW publications..

I also saw this and my heart almost stopped - are we 100% sure that it's not a cart for our witnessing work, therefore a brother lying on the ground? Please say that it's not, because I cannot take any more bad news.....:praying:

London.jpg

7 minutes ago, Skye said:

I also saw this and my heart almost stopped - are we 100% sure that it's not a cart for our witnessing work, therefore a brother lying on the ground? Please say that it's not, because I cannot take any more bad news.....:praying:

Doesn't look like it... 

It looks like a woman. And a woman wearing trousers with trainers, which a sister would not wear on the ministry. There are blue boxes scattered around, which we don't give out. The stand could of been a postcard/gift stand or something, looks rather different. 

CartPic.jpg

27 minutes ago, Skye said:

London.jpg

What I am hearing is that it was not one of the friends lying on the ground.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25