JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Flee" by Ek Jonathan

Dages

It's worth the wait - I'm sure it will come. He has an amazing ability with his writing doesn't he? 

We should do a book review thread once everyone has read it.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

It's worth the wait - I'm sure it will come. He has an amazing ability with his writing doesn't he? 

We should do a book review thread once everyone has read it.

Sounds good.
I'm only up to chapter 6 and already it's made me think about things I have never considered before. I'm constantly asking myself "what would I do?"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm writing a list of things for my emergency kit aka go-bag that I hadn't thought of. Getting one of those no blood keyrings might be a good idea too.

Without letting out any of the story line - it's a book that does make you think ... even if it unfolds differently which it probably will - the emotions and preparedness would be the same.

It's also doesn't fail to show how hard the elders work behind the scenes, the emotions they go through both now and when things heat up.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, Dages said:

The epub will be available when all the chapters are posted on his website, I can't wait until then.

What?

Isn't he posting just one chapter a week? Do I have to wait until he has the whole book posted for free on his site before I can buy the epub?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

*looks at Tort.  does that mean you haven't read it?

I thought an epub version would be released but it appears there isn't one. So I installed the Kindle app this morning and bought the book a few minutes ago.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This book does not disappoint, that's for sure and the premise is spot on.  (I'm mid-way through the novel and I already have a "favorite character".)  However, there should be another disclaimer at the beginning such as:

"Please be careful: this novel may be hazardous to your health.  You may inadvertently loose sleep reading this book until the wee hours of the morning.  Also, the contents may make you skip a heartbeat, gasp, or will make you hold your breath in certain areas!"

On with the reading! :upsidedown:

Edited by Omoyeme

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I thought an epub version would be released but it appears there isn't one. So I installed the Kindle app this morning and bought the book a few minutes ago.

So the cong number thingee was just a guess?

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Richard, google "azw3 to epub" and you'll find several sites that can convert from the Kindle format to epub.

37 minutes ago, Musky said:

Do you know where kindle keeps the file on an android device?

No, I'm afraid I have no experience at all with Kindles.

A website I just found says the files are stored in one of these locations:

\Internal storage\Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files\

\sdcard\Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files\

Anyway it seems the file names are very obscure to prevent you from messing with them.

Edited by carlos

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

So the cong number thingee was just a guess?

I posed that question on Sunday, before the book was released...