JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Flee" by Ek Jonathan

Dages

I just finished the book and now I'm lost without it ! 
Probably have to wait another year for the next one.. why did I read it so quickly !

I was trying to drag it out. But I couldn't put it down... I've been thinking about the ending all day... wondering what's going to happen. Worrying about a sister that doesn't exist!!. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 9/6/2017 at 4:48 AM, anniebea said:

I just finished the book and now I'm lost without it ! 

Probably have to wait another year for the next one.. why did I read it so quickly !

I see what you mean Sister Annie.  I could have breezed through this book in one day.  But I purposely chose to read it over a 2 to 3 day period.  For one thing, this book is deeply compelling from the initial chapters.  It introduces the reader to characters of either a sincere, frustrating, quirky, vexing, or serious nature and more.  You're either drawn or repelled by certain ones from the outset.  IMO, by reading the book at a slower pace I was able to focus on the characteristic(s) of many (i.e., who I admire or feel compassion towards. To to you the truth, I found myself rolling my eyes towards a certain individual and wanted to get in the scene to yell with a bullhorn some sense into him/her.)  At another time, I was taken aback at one point in the novel and had to put the book down for a while.

E.K. Johnathan's synopsis is on the mark and does make one wonder "how will I react" when that time arrives?

Eh! Why do I feel like a member of Oprah's book club all of a sudden? :unsure:

Edited by Omoyeme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A request by E.K. Jonathan from his blog:

After reading the book, consider leaving the book a review if at all possible. It doesn't have to be lengthy (a sentence or two is fine), but reviews are important because they help potential readers determine whether or not a certain book is something they'd be interested in. With theocratic fiction, a lot of first-time readers spend a good bit of time on the fence, but seeing positive reviews from other Witnesses can help them come to a decision.

For those who've already written reviews, thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy FLEE!

Has anyone who has read the book left a review on Amazon? 

Edited by Omoyeme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LettJW said:

Can someone please tell me how many chapters there are in this novel? Did it end at chapter 21 when it says "to be continued..."? I'm reading off the blog site.

Yup, that's it for now.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A little bit of news from EK Jonathan's blog.

As has become a pattern with my writing, the completion of the last book left me a little exhausted and not at all in the mood to work on other books. And so, for the last three months, I took a break to work on other things and recharge my batteries.

These last two weeks, though, I've been feeling excited to write again, starting of course with the completion of The Bloom of Youth and then with the final book of the FLEE series, which is good news for both of us!

I'm so glad to see this! I've been hanging by a thread for a while now and it's about to snap!...lol.

Besides, I want to know what Peter found under that mattress in Bo's room and I need to know nowww! :P

Edited by Omoyeme

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...