JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Released": A Book By Thomas Walker

So, one last time...

1219250900_ReleasedCover.thumb.jpg.0c7614a0e69d6bd690f08f4b639fd569.jpg

"The Ending Is Part of the Story Too..."

(Years 900 to 1000)

The Thousand Years began with a great test. To receive the promised Eternal Life, in a perfect Utopian paradise, there remains one more challenge to overcome.

Grant is the Last Returnee. His history with some of the people he meets on arrival is long and complicated... And with less than a Century left until humanity is tested for the last time, he must find his faith, and his own place in the world quickly.

New faces, and returning characters alike will be tested in varied and personal ways, as danger is suddenly loosed upon a world that has all but forgotten it ever existed.

"Released" is the Fifth and Final book in the 'New Earth' Series.

First Things First: I would strongly recommend that you read the rest of the series before starting this one. I've never done that before, but this is the conclusion to the Saga, and as a result, we'll be seeing some familiar faces, returned for the Final Test.

Also, I hereby declare this thread to be a Spoiler-Filled Zone.

This is the discussion thread. If you're here, the assumption is that you've read as far as is possible already. I will freely admit that it's a little more suspenseful than anything else I've written in this series, and I don't want anyone finding out the ending before they get there.

The book is already 'Published', but due to the current situation with Covid, it's still in processing by Amazon. I'm terribly sorry about missing my self-stated release date, even by a little while; but I really did think we were on schedule when I clicked 'Publish Now'.

The delay is only likely to be another day or two, and obviously I will post here immediately. Nonetheless, I promised today as the Release Date. Hopefully, offering the first half of the book on my blog will make up for the inconvenience.

Part One: Last Returnee

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Ho yeah!

Guys, read the other book first! It's absolutely necessary.

For the first time, I agree.

And I'd advise a reading in the chronological order...

Chronology is a tricky animal in this series. Set Free overlapped with part of Now on Earth, and the Undecided was set during some of the events in Just See Yourself. I have prologue chapters in the days of Aztecs and Pirates, this final book is set more than a Thousand Years from now.

In any event, that's why I started the new chapters with a Primer on the characters from the whole series.

Edited by Thomas Walker

Well, turns out it wasn't that much of a delay after all.

Now Available On Amazon! "Released", the fifth and final book in the New Earth Series.

I'll post the rest of the chapters on my blog tomorrow, but for now, it's very late a night here. Everyone who happens to be on the other side of the world? Enjoy! 

Set Free is before Released, it's episode 4 and introduce important characters for Released.

(here is the order with the era, roughly)

1. Just see Yourself (from year 200 to 500)

2. Now on Earth (from year -1 to 200)

3. Undecided (new characters, year 250-300, something like that)

4. Set Free (new characters, year -1 to 800)

5. Released (year 900 to 1000 and more)

Edited by Dages

Alors, as Thomas Walker wrote : :D 

Also, I hereby declare this thread to be a Spoiler-Filled Zone.

If you want to share some spoilers you can hide them with the spoiler mark 

Spoiler

like this

I'll start with one :

Spoiler

I understand the need of the "Preserver" tech for the plot, but it's waaaaaaaaay to sci-fi for my idea of the Millenium :D 

And another one (pretty big, end of the book)

Spoiler

Reading Jehovah himself speaking had me in tears... I want Paradise to be like this... it was beautifully written.

Also, you better be up-to-date with your Pure Worship book study :D 

I'll do more heavy spoilers and discussions later... this book is intense... Enjoy :D 

Edited by Dages

8 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Well, where in the series does set free go?

Dages got the publication order right.

8 hours ago, Dages said:

1. Just see Yourself (from year 200 to 500)

2. Now on Earth (from year -1 to 200)

3. Undecided (new characters, year 250-300, something like that)

4. Set Free (new characters, year -1 to 800)

5. Released (year 900 to 1000 and more)

If you'd prefer to read them chronologically, swap 1 and 2.

And he's right about reading 'Set Free' before 'Released'. Released is the conclusion to the series, but it pulls in all the earlier characters, so Set Free is sort of a 'Part One' to the finale.

Edited by Thomas Walker

It's now a couple of days later, so I feel safe putting up the last of the book on the blog. :laugh:

Once again, these links lead to the end of the final book in the series, so beware Spoilers.

In the last thirty hours, Released has jumped to the 'Top 80' in Amazon's 'Christian: Futuristic' category. A niche, I admit, but it's climbing the charts.

"Set Free" made it all the way to Number One and achieved 'Bestseller' status for a while there.

For those keeping score, I posted the link to 'Just See Yourself' here on the forum in February 2017 (I honestly don't remember when I started writing it). Five books later, the series has blown out to over 600,000 words; and hundreds of downloads.

My thanks to all of you for getting it here; and I hope the ending is as meaningful and heartfelt to you as it was to me.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I'm going to miss these characters... 

What about another version of Paradise with way less technology? 

No way,  Jehovah is progressive. He wouldn't take us backwards!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The problem is energy. In a world where fossil fuel will be way less easy to gather, we won't be able to use as much machinery as we are now.

Mankind has lived for 5800 years without it, and the technological progress was very slow during this time. Energy allows us to become way faster/stronger/efficient, but it won't be as available as it is now.

I picture the first 1000 years as pretty low-tech

Edited by Dages

Spoiler

(Author's Note: The one thing I haven't been tempted to invent is quotations from future Bible verses. It's understood that there will be 'new scrolls'; but what they will be is a mystery. The original Bible was made up of songs of praise, personal testimonies, and letters from Elders to Congregations, even internationally. What the next Bible will be made up of could be any form of literature. What we know for sure, is that we get the information we need when we need to know it.)

I liked the idea! 

Edited by GodlyDevotion

Yes, I like all these notes and comments and how prudent Thomas Walker has been in his writing.

Good point though :

Spoiler

Just above your quote, it's about a "third" and "fourth" testament... I'm picturing paradise and the new scrolls as "rolling release" (pun intended?).

Also "testament" is for "alliances", I don't imagine other "alliances" there, the New Covenant still have to be accomplished, yet :D 

Edited by Dages

I downloaded it. And, I’m one of those who’s mind is needing to be active all the time. So, I have good recreational reading at my fingertips. The, “science fiction” aspect surprised me, but, I will get used of it. 
When I get through I will start over. 
(One book I gave to a friend to read to his wife. She came down with ALS, and they had to leave the area for adequate medical care.) 

Thank you, brother! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!