JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

Hi friends...I don't know if this has been covered yet..but has anyone using an Android device lost the Bookmark option?:lol:

I'm on Android and I have the bookmark option however, not while I'm in the Meetings part of the app.  Is that what you are speaking of? 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

2 hours ago, loving life said:

I'm on Android and I have the bookmark option however, not while I'm in the Meetings part of the app.  Is that what you are speaking of? 

I like to bookmark in Examining for daily text pictures I make..haven't tried elsewhere..but yes, I suspect it is since the last update..Has anyone reported it yet?

••Day Text. ..jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On ‎30‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 10:14 PM, carlos said:

I think that's because the recording is not divided into verses, they are complete chapters. If you go to the Bible on JW.org and click on audio, you find complete chapters too.

You can play a single verse on wol (or a single § of a pub), just press on a verse and the play icon appears

593afb4b65590_SemTtulo.jpg.70be2607c4f33dfac803c58a3722fc11.jpg

Edited by jayrtom

Even the songs are divided by lines on the website, so click a line on the site, press the play icon, and the song will play from that line and highlight what it's playing as it goes.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Has anyone else lost the play icon for listening to the bible reading on JW Library app? I thought it might just be for Lamentations so I checked Jeremiah and it's not there either and I know it was there before. :confused:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

5 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Has anyone else lost the play icon for listening to the bible reading on JW Library app? I thought it might just be for Lamentations so I checked Jeremiah and it's not there either and I know it was there before. :confused:

Hmmm...yes, on my android. 

I found it on a few magazines but not on the Bible or any books that I checked...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Hmmm...yes, on my android. 

I found it on a few magazines but not on the Bible or any books that I checked...

Ooops.  yes, I forgot to mention Android ... or maybe I just forgot there is an alternative to Android. :whistling:

5 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Ooops.  yes, I forgot to mention Android ... or maybe I just forgot there is an alternative to Android. :whistling:

Well, I found the Play button on some of the Bible, but not all of it. Oh well, I'll check it again tomorrow, after I eat an Apple for lunch...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well, I found the Play button on some of the Bible, but not all of it. Oh well, I'll check it again tomorrow, after I eat an Apple for lunch...

Remember only Reference Bible is complete for us to listen to in JW Library App. This aligns with streaming from jw.org.... when Revised Bible audio features complete online then we will be able to stream in JW Library. Let's see if Ezekiel will be next audio enabled book. it seems Bible available for audio aligns with MWM (mid week meeting) schedule since changed format with many readers for each role narrative, prophet, Jehovah, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Remember only Reference Bible is complete for us to listen to in JW Library App. 

I listened to the whole of Jeremiah on the app in the 2013 edition.  Now when I go to Jeremiah the play button is no longer there. It seems strange that it has disappeared. B)

PS  Today it is back in Jeremiah.  And it's also there in Lamentations. Must have been having a day off for the Sabbath!! :lol:

Edited by GeordieGirl

I have a question for any of the brothers that are using the JW Library app to run the meetings.  I was wondering if you have all of the songs downloaded inside the app, how come when I go to each week it wants me to download each song again.  I would seem that there would be a way for the app to let the weeks ahead know that you have everything already downloaded.  Also in windows 10 I had 2 pending updates, one was our current congregation bible study publication and the other is our songbook, when I try and update either of these, the app crashes back to the desktop.  Anyone else having that issue?  

1 hour ago, The Deej said:

also in windows 10 I had 2 pending updates, one was our current congregation bible study publication and the other is our songbook, when I try and update either of these, the app crashes back to the desktop.  Anyone else having that issue?  

I had the same issue with the songbook. I deleted the songbook and reloaded it. No problem now. 

I listened to the whole of Jeremiah on the app in the 2013 edition.  Now when I go to Jeremiah the play button is no longer there. It seems strange that it has disappeared. B)

PS  Today it is back in Jeremiah.  And it's also there in Lamentations. Must have been having a day off for the Sabbath!! 

You can listen to Ezekiel now! See the "play button" c8dc6b321bbdfe75d0df2fd6b4b1c4e2.jpg

On 6/13/2017 at 8:17 PM, outwalkin said:

I had the same issue with the songbook. I deleted the songbook and reloaded it. No problem now. 

How do I reload the songbook?  Please, ithanks in advance. 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

27 minutes ago, loving life said:

How do I reload the songbook?  Please, ithanks in advance. 

Never mind.

I had a problem with JW Library on my Android tablet.  Every time I tried to go to the publications, the app would close, (not occasionally, but every time).  All the other parts, (Bible and meeting tabs, for instance) worked.  There might have been an easier fix but I just totally deleted JW Library from my tablet and re-installed it.  That meant all the publications I needed had to be downloaded again.

59 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I had a problem with JW Library on my Android tablet.  Every time I tried to go to the publications, the app would close, (not occasionally, but every time).  All the other parts, (Bible and meeting tabs, for instance) worked.  There might have been an easier fix but I just totally deleted JW Library from my tablet and re-installed it.  That meant all the publications I needed had to be downloaded again.

Sometimes that all that works when this happens. I have had to do this a few times also.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 5 weeks later...

After getting home from work prior to CO meeting with elders and ms, I see there's a Windows 10 update for JW library! It's a 72.78MB download. 

I wonder what  could it be?? 

The build is 9.1.11966.0

Edited by AH173

Update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

23 minutes ago, AH173 said:

After getting home from work prior to CO meeting with elders and ms, I see there's a Windows 10 update for JW library! It's a 72.78MB download. 

I wonder what  could it be?? 

The build is 9.1.11966.0

Where do you find the upgrade? I just checked windows store and find nothing but a new install.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Just now, Old said:

Where do you find the upgrade? I just checked windows store and find nothing but a new install.

I just simply went to the Windows Store and click the update tab and there was the update for that build number. Maybe its an east coast thing. LOL

Maybe will come to west coast soon.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I couldn't find an update tab at Windows Store, nor on JWLibrary for Windows 10 on my PC. However, when I opened JW Libray it appeared to be loading something for a long time. Must have been an update since when I opened JW Library again it ran very fast. This program had been useless on my PC because it took forever to load and then slowly. Now it loads almost as fast as my ipad version. I still can't see which version is current. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.