JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

12 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

If you go to this thread :   

You will find an answer...actually, a LOT of answers. :D 

GM! I checked my Samsung phone, and the Questions were still downloaded, but I got thinking...My devices are not automatically updated in the Play Store, so I checked, and sure enough..there was..a small one..So after I updated my phone, the Questions were removed under "what's new"..however, when I checked under Publications, it was still downloaded and has same content when opened!!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

OK - I played around with my screen settings on my Windows 10 PC

I usually have resolution set to 1920 x 1080 with 125% scaling

When I change the scaling - the placement of the Bible books changes accordingly. I set the scaling to 175% and it placed the Greek Scriptures completely below the Hebrew

Where and how they are displayed is directly tied to your screen settings

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I never gave any thought as to change the display resolution and scaling for JW library. Thanks 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I'm sure that there was a separate topic for a wishlist for JW Library, but I can't find it

I was doing my bible reading, and I was thinking that I wished there was a way to hide the verse numbers.  When reading, the numbers sometimes interrupt my flow of reading, I pause or hesitate when I shouldn't because I see a number.  If I could hide the numbers, it would flow better and sentences wouldn't break up.

I just noticed that when I went to the new Oct. Watchtower, after the list of contents there is something I never saw before.."Featured Content in JW Library and on JW ORG". I looked at another study Wt., and saw the same thing! I don't see this for Awake, brochures, books, workbooks. Has anyone noticed when this began?:D

Screenshot_2019-06-28-17-54-20-1.png

Screenshot_2019-06-28-17-57-23-1.png

Screenshot_2019-06-28-17-57-38-1.png

cat2_e0.gif

21 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I just noticed that when I went to the new Oct. Watchtower, after the list of contents there is something I never saw before.."Featured Content in JW Library and on JW ORG". I looked at another study Wt., and saw the same thing! I don't see this for Awake, brochures, books, workbooks. Has anyone noticed when this began?:D

I believe that started back in January. It's an addition to the content of the magazine and doesn't have anything to do with updates to the app.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 6/16/2019 at 5:10 AM, jayrtom said:

You might notice there are several (I would say a lot) of texts that don't have any enter on the reference guide but do have on the index. Also, if you look into the most recent references on the index you'll be fine. I just go to older ones when there is none in the recent years

Example:

On the latest midweek meeting, if you searched for references on John 9:7 you wouldn't find anything . But using wol you would find an explanation to why did Jesus sent the blind man to siloam

Brother Joao, I don't use WOL to a great degree, but your comment highlighted my curiosity. I went to Jorn 9:7 in WOL and can't find an explantion of why Jesus sent the blind man to Siloam. Where did you find it?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

Brother Joao, I don't use WOL to a great degree, but your comment highlighted my curiosity. I went to Jorn 9:7 in WOL and can't find an explantion of why Jesus sent the blind man to Siloam. Where did you find it?

Br. Jerry, 

Yes me too, I found this one only  in Study Bible note. 

32573033-02D0-4EAA-BBFF-85925C485A6A.jpeg

Edited by Guri

On 1/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Tortuga said:

Do we have a wish list for JWLibrary changes?

I would like the magazine mp3s included in the Media > Audio section so you can listen to them without streaming..

Ooohhh...someone was listening....

Ok, my next wish list item is more for WTLIB. I would like the Broadcasts Talks, Morning Worship talks, Annual Meeting Talks and Gilead talks indexed and included in the Publications Index.

When I research a scripture or subject in the Pub Index, I want all of the relevant talk videos titles that discuss that scripture or subject included with the list of publications.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I noticed something while updating our KH Laptop for the month's media.

When I updated, the following videos was not yet available.

July 15-21 - Intro to 2 Thessalonians  (This one became available the next day)
July 22-28 - Intro to 1 Timothy

But what I've noticed is that if you click on the link in the actual workbook, and the video is not found (I imagine this would be true if there is no internet connection), it presented an opportunity to upload the media from another location. In our case, we don't have an internet connection at the KH, so I can download it on USB and then upload it to the JW Library app and it can be played as per normal.
Previously, you' have to either play it external to the app or connect to the internet via Hotspot, which has it's own challenges.

image.png.23406ce5b5a4bca970d087a1a955afa4.png

image.png.29220bc424bcc34d64c3b5a52538d7f4.png

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere.

Edited by Jako

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 9:32 AM, Tortuga said:

Wish list item: The ability to store the Publications on the SD card.

My wife's phone is full and I found that JWL was 3.3 GB. That's not a real number because it includes the Media that is stored on the SD card. I deleted all of the bibles except the Study bible and I deleted the 2016 and 2017  magazines she had installed. It cleared almost a GB of space. It would be nice to keep the Publications on the SD card...

I also would like this option in Settings!:D

cat2_e0.gif

49 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You can move the app itself to the sd card then I think the publications will be stored there as well.

My personal experience is usually you need a file manager app to move it and in my experience, it does not always stay there.  If you get an update or some change in the Library app it reverts to the main memory storage and sometimes it does not take the SD card data with it.

I am not an Apple fan but I finally gave in and bought an Ipad-Pro and purchased it with 512 GB of storage.  There is no SD card. It puts everything in one place and I have room for all of it.  End of story.  Even smart phones can be purchased with 256 or 512 GB or memory today (android or whatever)..

Você não tem problemas no iOS 13. Uma barra para a seleção de mensagens ou reuniões não funciona. Para alterar o que quer que seja, tenho que enviar-lo no modo paisagem. Alguém mais tem um problema assim?

TRANSLATION: "Don't you have this problem in iOS 13? The bar to select messages or meetings doesn't work. In order to change anything I need to turn the device into landscape mode. Anyone else with the same issue?"

[NOTE FROM THE MODS: This is an English-language forum. Please don't post in foreign languages since most members won't be able to understand. :) Since this is your first post, as an exception, we are providing a translation of your question. In the next replies please use Google Translate if you can't write in English. Thanks!]

spacer.png

Edited by carlos

There's an update to Android and windows JW library today. 

windows_JW_library_update.jpg

Android JW update 08072019.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible