JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I notice that the restore backup feature turns the screen more to a white than a gray color as was previous.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, Jf800 said:

"Ability to use a file browsing app on your device to open an audio or video file in JW Library"

How does this work?

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2131 mediante Tapatalk

The iOS 13 betas have an improved Safari browser that includes a download manager. If you have downloaded a video or audio file from JW.org then once you have selected the video/audio for playing the Share Sheet shows an option to copy it over to JW Library.

BDB52F2F-FA27-4477-BA13-5E5370C5D276.jpeg.e7142d30c48e3bbfa9cc94f10261ab02.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

The iOS 13 betas have an improved Safari browser that includes a download manager. If you have downloaded a video or audio file from JW.org then once you have selected the video/audio for playing the Share Sheet shows an option to copy it over to JW Library.

BDB52F2F-FA27-4477-BA13-5E5370C5D276.jpeg.e7142d30c48e3bbfa9cc94f10261ab02.jpeg

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2131 mediante Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jf800 said:

"Ability to use a file browsing app on your device to open an audio or video file in JW Library"

How does this work?

I think the new update lets you import music and videos that you have downloaded from jw.org into the jwlibrary app. For example, some have had to reinstall jwlibrary and download all of their music and videos again even though they were still on a SD card. I think the update allows you to import them from the card into the app so you don't have to download them again. Can someone confirm that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/8/2019 at 2:26 AM, Tortuga said:

I think the new update lets you import music and videos that you have downloaded from jw.org into the jwlibrary app. For example, some have had to reinstall jwlibrary and download all of their music and videos again even though they were still on a SD card. I think the update allows you to import them from the card into the app so you don't have to download them again. Can someone confirm that?

Yes, this is how it works.

I have been able to import videos directly from chromes download tab and also videos downloaded on my sd card.

In both instances I just selected the file and then selected share (or send or import depending on the program).

The option to to open it in JW library comes up.

Then the app imports it.

This will only work on things that are already available in JW library.

You can't add a video or publication that isn't already possible to get through the app.

So all this does is several having to redownload files you already have.

Wow!!! My Jw library app on android devices has an update in the play store and it caused a refresh icon at the top of the Home page of the app..so now all we have to do is touch that refresh (instead of pull down a circle), and if there is anything new, a very visible purple moving line will be seen at the top...I have been hoping for this!! Thanks to our IT crew!!

Screenshot_2019-08-11-22-16-43-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

image, spell

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I have a question about importing media with the file browser on an Android device with an ext. sd card. Supposedly the media has to be in the app, but not downloaded...So, if the image of the file is not there, but only the title of the video printed in the workbook, if the media is imported into the app, does it go to the ext. sd card? So would that mean the media is played in the app, but also can be played in the device's music or video player, since it is still in the files under Download? What if that media is imported into the app and then deleted from Downloads..will it dissappear from JW Library (sd card)?:facepalmpo2:

cat2_e0.gif

A sister told me jw library on her android phone under the "bible / languages" does not have an entry for the english study bible. (only the english nwt) (she did try to scroll down the list of languages, but no english study bible)

Strangely, her samsung tablet has the english study bible.

Also, she tried to install the english study bible on a bible studies brand new IPAD but there was no entry for the study bible.

Is there some workaround to make the english study bible appear in the "bible / languages" popup?

4 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Is there some workaround to make the english study bible appear in the "bible / languages" popup?

William, when I have had that happen it has always been for one of two reasons:

- She has an old version of JW Library -> update to the most recent one.

- She has a problem with her internet connection. JW Library behaves funny when there is no signal or it's very slow.

5 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

For some reason, my Bible was set to Spanish! So I looked for English and had to scroll way down past all the "E" entries and finally found the English Study edition! 💡:coffee:

cat2_e0.gif

On 7/31/2019 at 7:58 PM, jwhess said:

My personal experience is usually you need a file manager app to move it and in my experience, it does not always stay there.  If you get an update or some change in the Library app it reverts to the main memory storage and sometimes it does not take the SD card data with it.

I am not an Apple fan but I finally gave in and bought an Ipad-Pro and purchased it with 512 GB of storage.  There is no SD card. It puts everything in one place and I have room for all of it.  End of story.  Even smart phones can be purchased with 256 or 512 GB or memory today (android or whatever)..

I knew you had some Apple midi-chlorians in you brother. 😁

A sister told me jw library on her android phone under the "bible / languages" does not have an entry for the english study bible. (only the english nwt) (she did try to scroll down the list of languages, but no english study bible)

Strangely, her samsung tablet has the english study bible.

Also, she tried to install the english study bible on a bible studies brand new IPAD but there was no entry for the study bible.

You can download the Study Bible jwpub file straight from our site.

https://www.jw.org/download/?booknum=0&output=html&pub=nwtsty&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=1

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 minutes ago, Margaret said:

In the study bible on my iPad, looking at Titus references, some say tap a link. What happened?

I got this twice, while I was reading research material for this weeks bible reading. 

Tap a link, and nothing happens! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Where is this?

An example is Titus 1:8.  Open the verse, look at the references (gems) and select the "research guide".  Instead of opening to an article, it says "tap a link".

This is on my I[ad.  This same example simply does not open on my Windows 10 version (no message). On my Android phone it gives a message about downloading more languages.

I just tried the one verse as an example.

An example is Titus 1:8.  Open the verse, look at the references (gems) and select the "research guide".  Instead of opening to an article, it says "tap a link".

This is on my I[ad.  This same example simply does not open on my Windows 10 version (no message). On my Android phone it gives a message about downloading more languages.

I just tried the one verse as an example.

Oh, it’s the English file that needs an update. It works in other languages. These minor errors occur now and then in every language. It is usually solved after a while. Wait for the circle arrows...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

..."It is usually solved after a while. Wait for the circle arrows..."

Yes..I refreshed my app today..Android phone. I don't see any irregularity in the gems now..also the entire app seems to be faster..even when I download videos!

cat2_e0.gif

6 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

..."It is usually solved after a while. Wait for the circle arrows..."

Yes..I refreshed my app today..Android phone. I don't see any irregularity in the gems now..also the entire app seems to be faster..even when I download videos!

I tried the "refresh" on all of my devices, Windows-Android-Apple. But the two scriptures mentioned (Titus 1:6,8) are both still not working.  I have turned the systems on and off.  I have entered the Research Guide in other scriptures. I have refreshed the app and so on. I do not have that Guide in working order for this problem, yet.

Edited by jwhess

7 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I tried the "refresh" on all of my devices, Windows-Android-Apple. But the two scriptures mentioned (Titus 1:6,8) are both still not working.  I have turned the systems on and off.  I have entered the Research Guide in other scriptures. I have refreshed the app and so on. I do not have that Guide in working order for this problem, yet.

It appears to be the 2 scriptures that reference just the OD book. The other scriptures that reference the OD and other articles show just the articles. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It appears to be the 2 scriptures that reference just the OD book. The other scriptures that reference the OD and other articles show just the articles. 

I think you solved the mystery, Richard! 😎

cat2_e0.gif