JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Any good Keto recipes?

Xylitol is made from parts of the birch tree. I did not know that. 

Got this from Google..

Xylitol is a naturally occurring alcohol found in most plant material, including many fruits and vegetables. It is extracted from birch wood to make medicine. Xylitol is widely used as a sugar substitute and in "sugar-free" chewing gums, mints, and other candies.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

1 hour ago, Greg Dent said:

Xylitol is made from parts of the birch tree. I did not know that. 

Got this from Google..

Xylitol is a naturally occurring alcohol found in most plant material, including many fruits and vegetables. It is extracted from birch wood to make medicine. Xylitol is widely used as a sugar substitute and in "sugar-free" chewing gums, mints, and other candies.

It is suppose to be good for cavities and my mom adds some to her water when she uses her neti pot.  Yum.

Edited by njwinans

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

On 2/20/2018 at 8:54 PM, Saffron said:

What are you going to make? Roasted veggies or that new fat bomb? Lol If it's the latter, I've begun to notice that sans pecans, this stuff tastes like Texas Roadhouse butter. I'm going to whip up another batch and make some LC rolls. :)

I'll give you one more tidbit.. Fathead dough. This stuff has changed my life. I make pizza out of it, breadsticks, I've made bagels... there are endless ways to use this. Not that I eat this kind of thing all the time, but now I don't have to drool on my kids pizza when they order out. Hahaa

Im going to make the fat head dough this coming week.  I’m off work fir a week and will feel like doing a few things.  I’ll get back to you!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 minute ago, LeslieDean said:

going to make the fat head dough this coming week.  I’m off work fir a week and will feel like doing a few things.  I’ll get back to you!

I have to tell you that I made a pizza so good with this that it was hard to stop eating. Lol

I used this dough, topped with Alfredo sauce, fresh mozzarella, then veggies- frozen spinach which was marinated in olive oil, salt, garlic, and chili flakes, feta cheese, black olives, bit of onion.

Granted, this is nothing I would eat all of the time, but for special occasions, absolutely. Better than picking all the toppings off of my kid's real pizza. :D

Keep me posted on what you come up with!

@Saffronoh that sounds scrumptious!  

Several of my girlfriends and I plan on having a keto party.  Everyone will fix a dish no one has tried and we will sample all recipes!  Have you seen the you tube clips on keto cocktails?  HELLO!  I made a Salty Dog with a rimmed salted glass and added gin and the ICE brand pink grapefruit (Walmart) zero carbs.  I had pork rinds that I never liked but when you go with out chips long enough I discovered I liked them! Anyway I had them with the Little Salad Bar brand 7 layer dip from Aldis (4 carbs for 2 Tablespoons ) and had half the container (:wub:) which was like 16-20 carbs and did not fall out of ketosis.  I had it while I laid in bed and prepared my WT and did pleasure reading from the old first person life stories.  It was such a decandent treat I felt so pampered and enjoyed the Association (me and all the people I le@rned about)!  What good friends we have now and in the future,

LeslieDean

Keto party sounds like so much fun @LeslieDean! I'd love to have one too, but nobody being on my diet around here makes that a bit difficult, now doesn't It? :D Keto party for one?? Hahaa Yes. Me and that delicious sounding drink you just mentioned would have a fantastic time. 

Pork rinds. Yes. I got desperate for a quick meal and turned them into nachos the other night. Lol You know what they are actually good for? Ground up and mixed with spices, they make the best coating for baked wings. They come right out of the oven tasting like fried chicken. 

I made hamburger steaks and found a keto brown gravy to make and serve over them. I was desperate for a brown gravy and did not think it would be very good, but like I said, I was desperate for a brown gravy!  It was super good!  My friend at work said ‘I thought you were on a diet?’  How are you eating all that and loosing weight?’  

After frying the burgers in a cast cast iron skillet you take about 1/3 of the fat and add beef bullion (I used Better Than Broth brand) then I add3d 1/2 cup chopped onion and a box of sliced mushrooms and sautéed.  Then I added 2 T coconut flour and made a roux then used 

Makers Mark bourbon 1/3 cup and scraped up the brown bits.  Then cooked a couple minutes and added heavy whipping cream.  Oh dear was it gooood!  I’ve done it too without the flour and it came out just as good. 

LeslieDean

@MyewI really like how you incorporate the scriptures with your posts here!  I see you are in Missouri!  You could join our girls night out Keto dinner —slap a wig on you and call you Sally! Just didn’t want you to feel left out!  Appreciate all your keto posts! 

LeslieDean

39 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

You could join our girls night out Keto dinner —slap a wig on you and call you Sally! Just didn’t want you to feel left out!

Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!! How kind of you. LOL!!!!

1 hour ago, LeslieDean said:

The last Friday weekend of June and the first Friday weekend of July.  Either one would work!  Come visit for a week or two! 

Oh my.  Now this is pure temptation!!!!! My convention is not until the end of August. :D

1 hour ago, LeslieDean said:

@MyewI really like how you incorporate the scriptures with your posts here!  I see you are in Missouri!  You could join our girls night out Keto dinner —slap a wig on you and call you Sally! Just didn’t want you to feel left out!  Appreciate all your keto posts! 

Lol, if only I could. My diet must be an autoimmune & low fodmaps protocol, so most people who are ketogenic still aren't compatible or near as strict as me. I simply need to eat very plainly, but I enjoy it nonetheless. I got a ride down for one day of the Regional in Tulsa last year, the other two days in Springfield. Looks like Springfield again this year. :/

• 6 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 7:21 AM, Saffron said:

I wanted to ask if you have an opinion on exogenous ketones. I'm on the fence, but supposedly it's helpful for those who get kicked out of ketosis often. 

The explanation that cemented my understanding was one of the doctors on a short you tube video with the following illustration.

exogeneous ketones a waste of money/no purpose.

to explain:

a woman sees a physician with the purpose of fulfilling  her desire to become pregnant.  She gives a urine test which rests negative.  Then the doctor injects her with a pregnancy hormone that will be excreted with her next good.  Test comes out positive.  You/she KNOWS there is no way she is pregnant.  But the pregnancy hormone is thus excreted in her urine.  BAM.  I understood after that one example.

LeslieDean

On 3/2/2018 at 9:18 PM, Greg Dent said:

If you get cramps in your legs take a tablespoon of pickle juice. It will help you out and rebalance the electrolytes. Use lots of salt too but if you can get pink himalayan salt that is really good for you with lots of micro minerals in it. 

The pickle juice did not work well for me at all.  I wished it had.

A resident I work with told me to drink a bottle of seltzer water with Quinine before bed or at any time really and it would continue to work at night.  I did a 12 ounce bottle.  Was not sure I could choke the stuff down.  Success!  This was the first night I was not plagued with severe intermittent cramps all night.  After a used the 6 pack I forgot to buy more since I just wanted to see if it might work.  That very night, CRAMPS in feet, leg, toes and fingers.  Have you ever gotten them in your side, rib cage?  I didn’t even know you could get them there.  I drink the 8 oz bottle now and NO cramps! 

LeslieDean

• 3 months later...

Well, here it is..my latest yummy desert!

No Bake Lime cheesecake with whipped cream topping!

***This cheesecake calls for 3 packages of cream cheese..I substituted sour cream and whipped cream and butter for one of the packages.

RECIPE:

2- 8 oz packages organic cream cheese

1/2 cup organic sour cream

1/2 cup organic grass fed cultured butter

1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup (or more according to desired sweetness) of your favorite low carb powdered sweetner

1 Tsp. organic vanilla

1Tbs. organic lime juice, or according to taste

Some lime zest if you can find an organic lime (perhaps from your own yard?)

1- Blend with hand mixer or processor all ingredients until creamy and fluffy! Add lime juice last.

Spoon into glass or china deep dish so that after the topping is added, the lid will not touch topping.
Cover and put in freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up cheesecake enough to add topping.

2- Pour 1 cup ( or more for thicker topping) of organic heavy whipping cream into plastic 4 cup measuring  pitcher. Add 1 Tsp. organic vanilla. Whip with electric hand mixer on medium speed. Add heaping Tbs. of powdered low carb. sweetner..more or less according to taste. Mix briefly on high speed if necessary until soft peaks form.

3- Remove cheesecake from freezer. Gently put spoonfuls of whipped cream on cheesecake and gently spread with small rubber spreader. Refrigerate. The longer it in refrigerated, the texture will firm up.

**Because these ingredients contain sour cream and whipping cream, the cake will remain softer..leave these ingredients out and just use another cream cheese for firmer cake.

***I have divided cake into small squares and frozen on tray, then wrapped each piece and put in freezer quart bags so that if we want a piece or have company, it is easy to retrieve. ENJOY!!!

20190119_124535-1.jpg

Edited by SUNRAY

words added

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

5 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

No Bake Lime cheesecake with whipped cream topping

I am going to bake some of my Keto chocolate chip cookies without the chips really thin and use them under the cheesecake like a crust!:coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

22 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

Recipe? Please!

Sure!

I got it from Pinterest.

https://www.asparkleofgenius.com/keto-no-bake-cookies/

Hopefully this works.  Lots of ads before the actual recipe.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Sure!

I got it from Pinterest.

https://www.asparkleofgenius.com/keto-no-bake-cookies/

Hopefully this works.  Lots of ads before the actual recipe.

Now look what you made me do! It's so cold outside and expecting sleet tonight and now I must hurry out and search for unsweetened coconut!  

LeslieDean