JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Chaos in Gaza

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2143 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44116340

In the deadliest day of violence in Gaza since the 2014 war, Palestinian officials say Israeli troops have killed 55 people and wounded 2,700.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu said his military was acting in self-defence against Gaza's Islamist rulers, Hamas, who he said wanted to destroy Israel.

The Palestinian Authority's leader condemned a "massacre". The UN spoke of "outrageous human rights violations".

The violence came as the US opened a controversial embassy in Jerusalem.

Israel said some 40,000 Palestinians had taken part in "violent riots" at 13 locations along the Gaza Strip security fence.

Palestinians hurled stones and incendiary devices, while the Israeli military used tear gas and live fire from snipers.

Mr Netanyahu defended his military, saying: "Every country has an obligation to defend its borders.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

I remember the 6 Day War there (middle east) in 1967.

Things can flare up quick!

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Me too. And yesterday (Monday) marked the 50th anniversary of Israel's creation.  

1 hour ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Were the riots mainly because of the US embassy in Jerusalem?

Or for another reason?

It doesn't seem to take much...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Wait! What?

I thought we were just weeks from declaring peace and security for the WORLD.

:popcorn:

Situation in the world can change suddenly. 

What is on the news today, is old news tomorrow. 

The events are moving at extraordinary speed. 

Turmoil and talk about peace and security at the same time

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Were the riots mainly because of the US embassy in Jerusalem?

Or for another reason?

That definitely contributed even if it wasn't the only cause.  Who really knows in this angry, unhappy world where people think they are going to achieve their goals through violence and hatred.

7 hours ago, Dages said:

70 years...

The UN is meeting to discuss the violence of yesterday.

Yes, I saw yesterday some are even trying to connect this to the 70 years of prophecy.   :nope:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 minutes ago, Samira said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/20/mike-pence-north-korea-olympic-games-meeting-cancelled

North Korea cancelled Mike Pence meeting last minute, White House says

.....and there goes the Peace.....

Check the date...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Check the date...

upps

but

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44133308

N Korea cancels talks with South Korea and warns US

North Korea has cancelled high-level talks with South Korea because of anger over military exercises, state media reports.

The North's official KCNA news agency said the exercises between the US and the South were a "provocation".

It also warned the US over the fate of the historic summit between Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump that is scheduled for 12 June.

4 minutes ago, carlos said:

Seriously, violent riots because the US moved their embassy to Jerusalem? Risking your life and your family's for the location of an embassy? Some people are complete fools or they simply love violence and civil disorder. :shrugs:

Listening to the pro-Palestinian diplomats it's easy to see that all this really is about bruised ego and hurt feelings.  

Nothing significantly changed with the moving of the embassy to Jerusalem.  

All this is about face and perception.

Seriously, violent riots because the US moved their embassy to Jerusalem? Risking your life and your family's for the location of an embassy? Some people are complete fools or they simply love violence and civil disorder. :shrugs:

I think it goes deeper than that. It goes straight to the heart of a very touchy subject—Is Jerusalem the capital of the Jewish state of Israel?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/nakba-70-years-on-refugees-remember-lost-homeland-180515064802434.html

”May 15, 1948, is a day that changed the course of the Middle East forever. More than 750,000 people were forcibly expelled from their land by Zionist forces, leading to the creation of Israel.

Palestinian refugees and those displaced are barred by Israel from returning to their land.”

The embassy move on this date is chosen with purpose, and makes palestinians upset

18 hours ago, trottigy said:

:popcorn:Wait! What?

I thought we were just weeks from declaring peace and security for the WORLD.

:popcorn:

Don't worry Jehovah's day will come as a thief in the night.  It might just happen while the are crying peace and security, and sudden destruction is to be INSTANTLY on them.  :pistols::popcorn::drink:

Spoiler

no spoiler don't know what happen here,

Edited by 1gemstone

The palestinians are nuts. What do they expect attack the border with intent of tearing down a security fence and expect not to get shot by the soldiers on the other side? Its them who are to blame for this. Crazy. They want it both ways attack Israel and not take any blame for it. Just shows how deep the demons have their claws into them.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

The palestinians are nuts. What do they expect attack the border with intent of tearing down a security fence and expect not to get shot by the soldiers on the other side? Its them who are to blame for this. Crazy. They want it both ways attack Israel and not take any blame for it. Just shows how deep the demons have their claws into them.

The Palestinians are people. Some of these affected ones are our brothers. Those who are violent on both sides are nuts. Some Israelis are nuts for occupying land against international law and using religion and tradition as a basis for this. And some Palestinians for not being willing to any agreement at all.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

They want it both ways attack Israel and not take any blame for it. Just shows how deep the demons have their claws into them.

The Israeli government isn't exactly innocent in all this. The border continually moves further into Palestinian land, bulldozing everything and everyone in its way. Moving the embassy is being seen as the US government condoning the continual loss of lives.

I'm not saying that violent protests are the answer, but their opposition goes far deeper than a simple difference of opinion about some political stance.