JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prisoners of conscience - Russia

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Está sendo espalhada a mentira cruel de que Jw na Rússia está preparando um golpe contra Putin. 
A declaração é de um conhecido advogado russo, Alexander Korelov, que regularmente ajuda ou representa os principais anti-cultistas, como  Alexander Dvorkin  , que há muito tempo é contra JW.

eu não vou postar a fonte porque a leitura não é edificante. 
posso compartilhar por pm.

orando por nossos irmãos e irmãs. Mais campanhas com mentiras estão a caminho.

Watch out for the Stranger voice!

4 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Watch out for the Stranger voice!

Exato

better not read too much negative lies about Jehovah s people

that like eating soup with venom

not good food

still the title shows how the Devil is furious and wants to destroy all loyal ones

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 weeks later...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 9 months later...

I want to share one encouraged and funny history, about one brother in Russian prison.

Sorry it was transcribed audio and google translated from Russian, but I have tried to make it readable: 

"....But that case is very interesting. One brother has such a situation. Imagine, he receives a lot of letters. But he cannot use these letters to preach to others. Why so seriously? TV was a serious opponent. One of those who were sitting there. There, 16 of them were sitting in one cell. A rich man. And he have got a television set in the pretrial detention center. This is a rare case. He broke through a large TV by one and a half meters. You know, huge. Accordingly, every evening the brother sits in his place, there on his bed, and prays and says how to resist the TV. Because the whole camera was stuck in this TV from morning to evening. People are interested in what they are saying. And he says, Jehovah, well, show me and help me. I don't know how  can I distracted at all by my writings or my conversations. There, everything is interesting only is TV for them. And it leads in an interesting way. 
The head of the prison of this pretrial detention center comes and says that because you wrote an appeal to one of the court's decisions to our brother, we are putting you in individual confinement.  - Because you are too smart. He was worried a couple of times at first, but then he understood what the trick was, right? So, he is taken away for two days in solitary confinement. What is happening at this time in his cell, where he was?

These guys rebelled about his punishment. How so? He also has the right to appeal. They began to seek justice, and for this they were punished by having their TV taken away.

So the enemy has already been destroyed. Do you feel what it smells like? But as these men presented themselves, they were always paid attention to this wall, and they had a habit of it. What to do? The first couple of hours they have a jitters. What to do? Everyone is nervous, cursing. We have to do something. One has the idea: Listen, he was taken away, and he has a bag of letters there. Let's dig in for a second. What is interesting in these letters? And what happens next? Imagine, they take out his things. True, that's not what gets these letters, they see that this is not just some kind of text, but there are texts with illustrations. There are postcards, on which children have drawn something. And they make such a decision. The place of the TV is plastered with these letters. Now imagine the situation of 16 men. Well, 15 men took 15 men and take this place. One and a half meters by one meter with  the letters. 
And 15 people are sitting, looking at the wall. Well, imagine there's a side view, right? Why, why, the security got interested too quietly in this room. The guards open the door, 15 men are sitting, looking at the wall. What is happening? It is not clear. They find out, they approach, and there, look at the postcards on the wall. Well, why are you quiet here? They didn't go anywhere. And what to read? Well, look, the guard himself wants to see. Here are such things written. You won't believe it. It turns out that this guy has got letters from Germany is writing from Australia. And who is he? Let's read.

Why do they write that from Australia? Just imagine, these guards sit down, the door is also open with them. The head of the pre-trial detention center passes. Passes The door is open in shock. Look, how would 15 people escape in an emergency situation, or what? He is looking in. And, you know, they are sitting and the guards are sitting, looking at the wall. Well, he started commanding there, they were nervous. Are you normal or abnormal? And they say to him: Listen, just read, thats interesting. And he sits with them, in general, for two days. They are periodically both security and the head of the pre-trial detention center. But these guys have posted all their writings for two days. What have you finished reading? Have you read all of it? Well, let's switch the channel. They invented their own fun. Now turn on and hang up new letters of a brother who sits alone and prays: Well, what did I do that they don't understand me alone, what is happening behind the scenes. 
After two days, he was told that everything had calmed down. Well, naturally, he return to "home". And there are generally other people, Everything is planted to preach.  Now they are already talking around him.
Where did you get this Juliet from, do you know that? Is this from Argentina? Why? Well, Juliet from Argentina, she wrote such a thing. She is a real psychologist, she reached our hearts. Is she working as a psychologist? What kind of spirit does he have? It's interesting  They even smelled these letters. So our writings work and bring a lot of benefits...."

Edited by Korotkiy

errors

• 1 month later...

Years in prison shed no light on why Russia is persecuting Jehovah's Witnesses

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2023/09/14/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-crackdown-prisoner/5951689299593/

Here's a book a brother who's a member on this website wrote, in an attempt to get to the bottom of this question. I haven't read it, but from what I know of his style of investigative journalism, I think he might have a plausible explanation.

51jsWh6odtS._SL500_.jpg

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley