JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prisoners of conscience - Russia

18 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

In the Lensk District Court of Yakutia, the sentencing of Igor Ivashin was postponed to April 1. The prosecutor recommended that the believer be assigned seven years in prison

https://jw-russia.org/en/index.html

"On April 1, 2020, the judge of the Lensk District Court of the Republic of Yakutia, Zhanna Shmidt, sentenced Igor Ivashin, 43, to six years in prison, conditionally, for believing in Jehovah God and discussing the Bible. Ivashin called the accusations of extremism far-fetched: There is no evidence in the case and no victim."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just read on the What's New section of JW.ORG that our dear Brother Ivashin was issued a six year SUSPENDED

prison sentence!!!! :D

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

18 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I just read on the What's New section of JW.ORG that our dear Brother Ivashin was issued a six year SUSPENDED

prison sentence!!!! :D

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

Unfortunately his release was conditional on not doing anything against the order to stop preaching and not associating.  I am sure he will not obey those conditions so he is subject to re-arrest and immediate imprisonment.  He is appealing. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/2020/04/13.html?fbclid=IwAR3agNr0jdt8yqVK8yJWTL8MnwuISekut2_YFNfoBmKTRaez5DNHM6062pc

"According to tabulations April 20, 2020, three years after the liquidation of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ communities, 332 people became victims of criminal prosecution, 166 of these undergoing imprisonment."

Estonia are taking over the Presidency of the UN Security Council tomorrow & tweeted human rights was a major priority.... so I respectfully asked them by tweet what they intended to do about JWs in Russia? & sent them the link to JW Russia article about the children of JWs being arrested, harassed & interrogated. 

Wonder if I'll get a response? 

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, friendlyone said:

Russia is getting desperate to put as many of Jehovah's Witnesses in prison as they possibly can.

Currently in pretrial detention, Brother Baranov is only 19 years old. Sister Dulova was only 18 years old when the authorities raided her home. They are the youngest of the over 380 brothers and sisters in Russia facing criminal conviction for their faith.

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they have to resort to accusing someone that young. This means that Sister Dulova is now 20 years old. Brother Baranov is only 19, and yet the judge...

ordered that our brother be jailed for being “one of the leaders” among Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area.

What are the nations going to say when they hear about this? In fact, what is Jehovah going to say once His judgment begins?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, campanula said:

New searchers today in Moscow and across  Russia

Searches at Jehovah's Witnesses

https://www.m24.ru/news/proisshestviya/24112020/142599

Screenshot_20201124-162715.thumb.png.1f9b60528fb9e4bf6787a1963133889a.png

I just opened my Yahoo News and they quote Reuters:

·         World

Reuters

Russia carries out mass raids on Jehovah's Witnesses, makes arrests

Masked law enforcement officers carried out mass raids on the Jehovah's Witnesses across Russia on Tuesday and made a number of arrests as part of a new criminal case against the group, the Investigative Committee said. The law enforcement agency said it had opened an investigation as it suspected the Christian denomination was organising the activity in Moscow of its national centre and affiliates. Yaroslav Sivulskiy, a spokesman for the European Association of Jehovah's Witnesses, denied the centre had resumed its activity and said the group was being targeted in a campaign of persecution.

54 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

All we can do is pray for our brothers and sisters in Russian and trust in Jehovah to help them stay strong during this period of brutal persecution.

Edited by Julie

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

I have to try to remember that, Jehovah says, “Vengeance is mine.”  Er, His. 

Like the guy always said on the show Hawaii Five-0, “Book ‘em Dano.” 

Only for Jehovah it will be, “Go get ‘em, and bring them to their eternal end.” 

Er, something like that.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 hours ago, campanula said:

This video was deliberately made to terrify people and it does look horrible. 

I'm tired of that dirty propaganda but there is no way to avoid it as it touches us personally and we live amidst of this world.... It makes me sick. 

The ironic thing is, if they just knocked on the door I’m sure the witnesses, being peaceable citizens, would have just opened up and let them search. It was just done like that to be forceful and to scare. Our poor brothers and sisters. No doubt Jehovah is helping them get through. Jehovah’s going to reward them 100 fold in the new system! 

12 minutes ago, Just around the corner said:

Something is happening at the King of the South and with the King of the North at the moment which is a fulfillment of Bible prophecies.

Don't keep us waiting, tell us which event is specifically fulfilling prophecy at this moment?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.