JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prisoners of conscience - Russia

I really want to get started writing letters to all that are listed.  Can someone show me how the address would look?  The info is slightly different than we do here in the US and I don't want it to get lost.  :)

For example, the first one with an address reads like this:

Vladimir Alexandrovich Alushkina, born in 1964, PKU SIZO No. 1 of the UFSIN of Russia in the Penza Region, ul. Karakozov, 30, Penza, 440039

Edited by Jnutcurl

15 minutes ago, Jnutcurl said:

I really want to get started writing letters to all that are listed.  Can someone show me how the address would look?  The info is slightly different than we do here in the US and I don't want it to get lost.  :)

For example, the first one with an address reads like this:

Vladimir Alexandrovich Alushkina, born in 1964, PKU SIZO No. 1 of the UFSIN of Russia in the Penza Region, ul. Karakozov, 30, Penza, 440039

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same thing. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/mass-arrests-detentions-20181123/

Mass Arrests and Detentions Continue in Russia

Despite the ongoing threat of raids and unlawful seizure of their belongings, local brothers and sisters continue to pray for those imprisoned and to provide them and their families with practical help when possible. Until the situation is resolved, our international brotherhood will supplicate Jehovah in behalf of all his faithful servants in Russia, even mentioning some by name.—Ephesians 6:18.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, Tortuga said:

Thank you!  I had been finding Chrome kept reverting back to Russian.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Lovely picture of brother Christensen showing what he brought to his October court hearing...

702018205_univ_cnt_01_xl.jpg

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/dennis-christensen-international-support-20181129/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, Mac_Tky said:

Thanks @rocket for adding this here. The information that you and others have already gathered is of benefit to us all. We now have a base for a plan of action on a personal scale. 

We now have names and contact address. Plus their pictures with more information. Certainly as you have all stated they should be in our prayers. 

The Hezekiah video always sticks in my mind in that he took the threatening letter and layed it before Jehovah at His house.  He then pleaded with Jehovah. 

We are living in a different time but the principal of this is certainly worth thinking on (personally)

Thanks also to @Tortuga @Omoyeme for your comments. 

Mac

I had asked an elder in my Congregation about the names and addresses for our brothers and sisters that are incarcerated for this same reason but the response was that we do not have permission to write them directly.

6 hours ago, sis little said:

I had asked an elder in my Congregation about the names and addresses for our brothers and sisters that are incarcerated for this same reason but the response was that we do not have permission to write them directly.

Ask him about this report.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/dennis-christensen-international-support-20181129/

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-in-prison-2/

Click on location and you will then have access to download pdf with names and prisons our brothers and sisters are located... Enjoy writing your letters!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-in-prison-2/

Click on location and you will then have access to download pdf with names and prisons our brothers and sisters are located... Enjoy writing your letters! emoji6.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wonderful!!  Thank you so much! :heart:

Does anyone have access and the ability and time to convert the PDF list of names to an Excel file?

The PDFs are heavy on the toner (and my printer is functioning on very little ink right now) and was hoping to make it an excel file but don't have the program to do it. That would make this project all the easier!

Many thanks to anyone considering making that happen!

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Was there a note or comment a while back that informed us that all the letters had to be in Russian  The pictures and drawings could have greetings and signatures in other languages but not the letters?  I think they wanted to check the content.  Does anyone recall this notice?

Yes that is my understanding.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 2 months later...

I believe writing letters can be very encouraging to the recipient. It brings them much needed comfort and knowledge that were praying for them, and trying to win their release.

But I wonder though, if these monsters (who have put our brothers and sisters in jail), would ever bother to give them our letters of encouragement.More importantly, as mean spirited as these opposers have become...I also wonder could my bible based correspondenceto these brothers/sisters get them into more trouble with their jailers?

Before sending the notes, it might be a good thing to speak to the elders first and definitely pray very hard before sending anything. We don't want to cause them more pain, and definitely dont want to run ahead of Jehovah.

3 hours ago, dubois said:

Before sending the notes, it might be a good thing to speak to the elders first and definitely pray very hard before sending anything. We don't want to cause them more pain, and definitely dont want to run ahead of Jehovah.

Please let us know if your elders have any information,  otherwise there is a lot of information already posted that shows that the prisoners are encouraged by the letters and pictures they are receiving. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 11:09 PM, jwhess said:

Was there a note or comment a while back that informed us that all the letters had to be in Russian  The pictures and drawings could have greetings and signatures in other languages but not the letters?  I think they wanted to check the content.  Does anyone recall this notice?

The easy solution is then to just send an illustration that says in pictures what we want most to convey.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.rferl.org/a/u-s-calls-on-russia-to-release-all-jailed-jehovah-s-witnesses/30260633.html?fbclid=IwAR3EUi5_WWhenvEQEBQ4mI9-cOMXogkFE-fMH8GR12avQIzLHomGsrTqZLI

Here is a post that says that the US is calling on Russia to free all Jehovah's Witnesses in prison.

Edited by rbrown1205

shortened the item

On 12/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, rbrown1205 said:

Sorry, but this post is about two months old. 

20200103_183703.thumb.png.1474b1eeff4b0ef4570d5c41a8baa0f2.png

News are here https://jw-russia.org/en/news/20010216-1514.html

Screenshot_20200103-184051.thumb.png.0a796732078cb0af44b1c9ff801a4e9e.png

"Absolute rubbish”