JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prisoners of conscience - Russia

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

They have condemned this back in October 2020

do you want me to search it and post it here? 😉😉😉😉

Rússia gives no regard to ECHR....

Yes, I know about Russia's history with the ECHR. However, why did the brothers go to the ECHR in the first place if they knew the court's decision would be ignored? I'm not clear on that. But if you know something else about it, or if you can find out something, please let us know.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Yes, I know about Russia's history with the ECHR. However, why did the brothers go to the ECHR in the first place if they knew the court's decision would be ignored? I'm not clear on that. But if you know something else about it, or if you can find out something, please let us know.

I got this....  https://search.coe.int/cm/Pages/result_details.aspx?ObjectId=09000016809fa902

and in october this was published: https://jw-russia.org/docs/49.html

Translation:

Resolution of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe on the results of the verification of the implementation of the judgments of the ECHR on the complaints "Jehovah's Witnesses of Moscow against the Russian Federation" and "Krupko and others against the Russian Federation"

October 1, 2020

France

"A committee of foreign ministers of the countries of the Council of Europe and monitoring the implementation of the ECtHR judgments called on Russia to lift the ban on organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Resolution of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe of October 1, 2020 on the results of supervision of the execution of the European Court’s judgments on applications Jehovah’s Witnesses of Moscow and Others and Krupko and Others v. Russian Federation

Source

CM/Del/ Dec( 2020)1383/H46-17

1 October 2020

1383rd meeting, 29 September – 1 October 2020 (DH)

H46-17 Jehovah’s Witnesses of Moscow and Others (Application No. 302/02) and Krupko and Others (Application No. 26587/07) v. Russian Federation

Supervision of the execution of the European Court’s judgments

Reference document

CM/Notes/1383/H46-17

Decisions

The Deputies

1. recalled that the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses of Moscow and Others concerns the dissolution of the applicant religious community entailing a ban on its activities, as well as the unreasoned refusal to allow its
re-registration and the excessive length of the dissolution proceedings, and that the case of Krupko and Others concerns the dispersal of a peaceful religious ceremony by law-enforcement agents and the subsequent deprivation of liberty of some of its participants at a police station for some three hours;

2. further recalled their previous decisions adopted in respect of these two cases noting the progress achieved in 2004-2015 but also the serious concerns at the effects of the new blanket ban imposed in 2017 and stressed that freedom of religion constitutes one of the foundations of a democratic society;

3. deeply regretted the continuing objection by the authorities to the Committee’s examination of the 2017 ban and its consequences, and reiterated yet again their competence under Article 46 of the Convention to examine whether the measures taken have put an end to the violations at issue and will prevent future violations;

4. reiterated their serious concern about the 2017 blanket ban and alarming reports from different sources including the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance and the European Association of Jehovah’s Witnesses that, as a consequence of this ban, Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to be arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned merely for peacefully manifesting their religious beliefs;

5. strongly regretted the persistent absence of the information repeatedly requested and called on the authorities to enter into a genuine dialogue with the Committee and to urgently take all necessary measures to re-establish the right of Jehovah’s Witnesses to freedom of religion, such as by reversing the 2017 ban,
re-examining the related criminal cases and reviewing the current anti-extremism legislation;

6. decided to resume consideration of these cases at one of their DH meetings in 2021.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I also discovered that this is still pending:

The European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) has a case pending against the Russian government**, filed by the Jehovah’s Witnesses over the Supreme Court ruling. In 2010, the ECtHR held Russia in violation of the European Convention on Human Rights, for closing the Moscow branch of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and refusing to allow the group to re-register. The court found violations of arts. 9 and 11 of the convention, which protect freedom of religion and association, respectively.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

All brothers and sisters in Russia need our extra portion of prayers on their behalf. But this was heartbreaking to read about brother Makhammadiyev:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Prison-Guards-Beat-Five-Brothers-in-Orenburg-Russia/

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

With that type of injury a doctor would have to be blind not to realize something more evil happened to this dear brother than slipping on bathroom floor. 

Jehovah’s righteous anger will soon take care of the king of the north...

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Brother Eric

Even if ECHR decide in favor of JW

russia passed a law recently to overcome it

take Navalny s arrest as an example:

E56ACBDD-F7CF-41DD-BD57-A92EED765C73.png

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Brother Eric

Even if ECHR decide in favor of JW

russia passed a law recently to overcome it

take Navalny s arrest as an example:

I remember that law from 2015. But is this the reason we are no longer going to the ECHR for resolution, or are there other factors too?

Edited by Sheep

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I remember that law from 2015. But is this the reason we are no longer going to the ECHR for resolution, or are there other factors too?

Oh this law I’m talking about is brand new from January!

any decision from foreign countries or institutions that goes AGAINST Russian law has no effect

that’s why Navalny still in jail and EU plans to sanction Russia until he s released 

about ECHR final decision on Jw vs Russia ,like I posted , they have it scheduled for their next assembly meeting later this year

i believe it’s April 2021 😉

but Russia will comply only if Putin wants

Anyway  I m hoping to see some developments on this in Russia by June 2021

Check again: 

18995A19-C140-4A2A-A689-BE2263530503.png

• 3 weeks later...

I try to read every report on JW.ORG concerning the persecution, arrests and trials of our Christian brothers and sisters.  It reminds me to keep them all close in my mind, heart and prayers.

The account of this sister's arrest was particularly interesting in the way it affected one of the soldiers that had been sent to arrest her:

Sister Tatyana Zagulina Faces Conviction in Birobidzhan

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702021121&srcid=share

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I try to read every report on JW.ORG concerning the persecution, arrests and trials of our Christian brothers and sisters.  It reminds me to keep them all close in my mind, heart and prayers.

The account of this sister's arrest was particularly interesting in the way it affected one of the soldiers that had been sent to arrest her:

Sister Tatyana Zagulina Faces Conviction in Birobidzhan

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702021121&srcid=share

She further relates: “One of the officers responded by saying, ‘Well, the way you are talking now, I feel like one of the people who impaled Jesus.’ 

Well, if the shoe 👞 fits. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

• 3 weeks later...

I can read some of the news of our Russian brothers.  This to me is mental torment.  I can't see them suffer this injustice.

It affects me tremendously so that, I just get depressed and go to bed.  I do pray but with sobs!

May Jehovah have all of them in His tender care.  I pray for their release to be soon.

6 hours ago, cme said:

I can read some of the news of our Russian brothers.  This to me is mental torment.  I can't see them suffer this injustice.

It affects me tremendously so that, I just get depressed and go to bed.  I do pray but with sobs!

May Jehovah have all of them in His tender care.  I pray for their release to be soon.

:encourage:

This seems not getting any better:

Prosecution of Jehovah's Witnesses gets more brutal

REAL PRISON TERMS ASKED FOR FIVE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN PERM—UP TO NINE YEARS

https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/210409a.html

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone with a facebook account can view this video ?

https://www.facebook.com/100009701016286/videos/jehovahs-witnesses-the-russian-people/1424608154539205/

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

6 hours ago, Loopy said:

Isn’t it the Orthodox religion that started causing this trouble? 

I believe their leaders did, not sure if there congregation was all on board though.  However, there is a movement in France that is totally against the JWs.   I don't have concrete information on it but, did read it somewhere sometime ago but, did not give it much thought.  If I find it I will post it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-in-prison-2/

does anyone has a chart of the evolution in time of the number of arrested Jw for legal authorities ever since ....mmmm 2017 for instance till now?🙄

I have a slight idea the number is decreasing 

Please correct my thinking if I’m wrong

thank you 🙏☺️☺️☺️☺️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

A Wave of Searches Took Place in Crimea, New Criminal Cases for Faith Were Initiated

https://jw-russia.org/news/2021/08/091408.html

On August 5, 2021, in Armyansk — in the north of the Crimean Peninsula — a series of searches of local believers took place. 60-year-old Alexandr Litvinyuk was detained and taken 140 kilometers away from his home, to Simferopol. On August 6, the court chose a measure of restraint for him in the form of house arrest, and at about midnight the believer was taken home.

[Click on the link to see the rest of the article. We cannot quote whole articles here due to copyright.]

Edited by carlos

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. A couple of years ago, there were all kinds of appeals to the ECHR, perhaps around the time the ban came into effect, or when some brothers were reporting they had been tortured. And the ECHR was considering these cases as being of "top priority." We expected to hear some news shortly following. However, some time after that, the news sources went completely silent about the ECHR and Jehovah's Witnesses, and we heard nothing for quite a while... until recently.

Now, in quick succession we hear of two stories where the ECHR has intervened with Russia. In this case about Moldova, Russia was found responsible for the events that took place there. And then yesterday, the ECHR again intervened to have two seriously ill brothers released from pretrial detention. So, it seems the ECHR is still actively involved in the scenes unfolding in Russia.

I found it rather curious that Russia actually complied with the ECHR's request to release the two ill brothers, instead of ignoring the international court! It would be interesting if Russia began listening more to the ECHR... maybe it wouldn't be able to hold its position as the King of the North.

Edited by Sheep

• 1 month later...

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Russian-Officers-Assault-Two-Married-Couples/  🙏🙏🙏

Prayers for these brothers. Really we don't know what to expect during the GT.

OCTOBER 10, 2021
RUSSIA

Russian Officers Assault Two Married Couples

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥