JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JW Broadcasting - June 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1768 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

isn't the Organizational Accomplishment supposed to be played at the meeting tonight? i'm surprised it isn't available online

There is a link to it in this weeks meeting material on the JWL app. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wow, brother Splane's talk was probably the best. He basically helped us appreciate that you find what you're looking for. You want to find fault with a brother/sister, you can. You want to find positives, you can.

A good lesson for those that hold a critical eye toward the organization as well. Sometimes, it easy to forget that people can look at us in a negative way and draw unreasonable and irrational conclusions about ourselves.

That was a good intrapersonal talk. 

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Wow, brother Splane's talk was probably the best. He basically helped us appreciate that you find what you're looking for. You want to find fault with a brother/sister, you can. You want to find positives, you can.

A good lesson for those that hold a critical eye toward the organization as well. Sometimes, it easy to forget that people can look at us in a negative way and draw unreasonable and irrational conclusions about ourselves.

I just watch this video. I really enjoyed Br. Splane’s talk as well. Also as you said “a good lesson for us”. 

Its so easy to pick up on the negatives of anyone or thing. Really got to look hard and focus on the positive as Jesus did.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

11 hours ago, Bob said:

I agree with your assessment of that talk. It's a good reminder.

I remember hearing what a Governing Body member once said: This is for when or if you find yourself getting upset with a brother or sister over something... to the point where you're starting to boil over... Stop! Just wait! And think a little bit first! Think of ten outstanding points that you know about that brother or sister. That's all you need, just ten. But if you can't think of ten positive, outstanding things about that brother or sister... you don't know that person well enough!

I thought that was a powerful point. I don't know who the Governing Body member was who said that. But after hearing Brother Splane's talk, it might have been him.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, Bob said:

I've heard a public talk with that same point.  It's a great point 

Edited by Shawnster

A little off topic, so pardon me, but it has to do with the direction the thread has taken.

I could easily take issue or have a problem with several brothers (even elders) in my congregation.

I have decided (and yes, made a conscious decision) it is above my "pay grade" to have any problems with any brothers or sisters. There is one brother that I am cautious around. He thinks I have wronged him (I didn't...) so I limit how I deal with him. He said next time I say "the wrong thing" to him he is going to take me to the elders. I keep it superficial with him... I don't want to cause disruption of peace in the congregation. I digress... I am just an imperfect, sinful servant of Jehovah. My brothers and sisters might be less imperfect, sinful servants of Jehovah. Who am I to hold a grudge against them. I also think, "Really, what is this going to matter in a thousand years? Get over it Gary, who are you to be pointing at anyone else?" Besides if Jehovah allows them to continue to serve, who am I to question Jehovah and Jesus, as heads of the congregation?

Just my thoughts... Now back to the Broadcast subject... Sorry for the interruption.

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Say - does anyone have these talks broken out separately, yet?  @Tortuga?

I started working on that. Thanks for the reminder. Check my link tomorrow...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D