JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Could Climate Change be the cry of peace and security

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1698 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Climate Change starts to seem like the tower of babel when listening to these UN speeches. By that I mean, where it said "nothing will be impossible for them." The more and more I hear about the issue of climate change and the deadly threat it gives by the UN and their talk about thinking how to fix it and their goals. If they do make it seem like it's cutting back. To them there will be nothing impossible. 

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

Mark Twain once said that humans are the only animal that blushes...or needs to.

Climate change is another reason for some humans to blush in embarrassment...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Para 3 "nations may think they're close to solving some of their big problems". This is the cry of peace and security so YES this alliance of nations looking to the UN to solve this big problem is something to really take notice of. It's an even bigger year next year with the 75th anniversary of the UN.

How much trash did these "climate change protest" groups leave behind?

It's a joke when you see these youngsters protesting CO2 emissions while drawing on a cigarette. Smoking is one of the biggest and clearly the most unnecessary environmental hazard in our society, but nobody has touched on that subject yet.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

It's a joke when you see these youngsters protesting CO2 emissions while drawing on a cigarette.

In fairness I didn't see anyone with a cigarette in @My little flower s pictures. Doesn't change the fact that none of them are taking Jehovah into account though.

P.s., said it before, I've seen the same kind of crowds during the Cold War and since, even in the World I could tell they were being manipulated and manipulating, now I know its Satan behind it to distract them.

Edited by Hugh O'D

Needed a p.s.

7 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

In fairness I didn't see anyone with a cigarette in @My little flower s pictures. Doesn't change the fact that none of them are taking Jehovah into account though.

P.s., said it before, I've seen the same kind of crowds during the Cold War and since, even in the World I could tell they were being manipulated and manipulating, now I know its Satan behind it to distract them.

Over here in Germany, a lot of young people smoke or vape, even if it is not so many as when I was finishing school. No, these FFF events are a big party over here, you see the kids drinking beer and, as Shawn put it, smoking "other recreational drugs"

7 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

@My little flower s pictures.

A little OT, but I just remembered something I noticed recently. Has anyone else noted there's a link between these protests to save the planet and LGBTQ movements? I see a lot of rainbow flags showing up in places lately that have literally nothing to do with LGBTQ movements, such as soccer matches (fan-blocks) or environmental protests. Not to mention super-market doors. This keeps popping up in places you don't expect.

EDIT: I know these pictures don't show a lot of these flags but I see them a lot on TV, believe me.

Edited by ChocoBro

The topic of climate change has definitely voiced an opinion globally by all countries. It appears that each country has their own views as what needs to be done (that doesn’t impact their economy) it’s been a while since I’ve seen so many people globally take part in active protesting. How would this lead to a CRY of ‘Peace and security’? What impact does/Will peace have on climate change I can’t see the connection (ofcourse this is all highly speculative RE- climate change). 

I don’t think this will lead to the cry of peace and security. Maybe this coupled with something else. Climate change may cause a person to lack a feeling of security but doesn’t make one feel unsafe as in their peace being threatened.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I don’t think this will lead to the cry of peace and security. Maybe this coupled with something else. Climate change may cause a person to lack a feeling of security but doesn’t make one feel unsafe as in their peace being threatened.
All I can say is that is not how people perceive it over here in Germany, especially young people.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

I think it's important to think that many who protest are serious. Not everyone leaves garbage or smokes anything.

This forum goes out to everyone and it may seem "judgmental" in the way we address troubled people who need our hope.

How would Jesus view them if he was on earth today?

I think it's important to think that many who protest are serious. Not everyone leaves garbage or smokes anything.
This forum goes out to everyone and it may seem "judgmental" in the way we address troubled people who need our hope.
How would Jesus view them if he was on earth today?

It is certainly so that they feel that there’s no way out. They need hope, and we are the only ones who can give them that. They are in a desperate state, and we take their concerns seriously.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It is certainly so that they feel that there’s no way out. They need hope, and we are the only ones who can give them that. They are in a desperate state, and we take their concerns seriously.

It's interesting that you word it that way. Having no way out. Us being the only one with words of hope...

Did you listen to the UN GA last week? Two of the countries opening statements were.... the exact opposite. One country stated that the UN was not only the hope for the world but the hope that the small countries had left or something like that. I'll find the live video. It'll make your jaw drop.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

It's interesting that you word it that way. Having no way out. Us being the only one with words of hope...

Did you listen to the UN GA last week? Two of the countries opening statements were.... the exact opposite. One country stated that the UN was not only the hope for the world but the hope that the small countries had left or something like that. I'll find the live video. It'll make your jaw drop.

I saw that. They put their trust in what they’ve got, because if the UN doesn’t work, then what will? And it is kind of point with the UN to show that they are mankind’s hope. But they constantly fail, and will fail in this endeavour too. People know this. That is why they are without hope.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I saw that. They put their trust in what they’ve got, because if the UN doesn’t work, then what will? And it is kind of point with the UN to show that they are mankind’s hope. But they constantly fail, and will fail in this endeavour too. People know this. That is why they are without hope.

Could you send it to me as if you don't post it