JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JWBroadcasting - October 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1654 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I love love LOVE this painting from the Bible Tour segment!!!  You can feel the LOVE. ❤️  :D 

What an awesome King Jehovah has provided for us! :D 

1875567841_PicfromBibleTour.gif.fc1ce425adabbbaffde9e8b34795c345.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

When I went to the convention this year, I was grateful that the brothers opened the doors officially so that we older ones could enter first and not be bowled over by the rush for seats (as depicted on the Convention Reminders whiteboard animation). 
I feel like there is a similar “rush” here to be first to see the broadcast before the brothers have ‘opened the doors’ as it were on jwbroadcasting.

I can’t rush in any way, so I am happy to take my time.

Each to their own.

12 hours ago, rocket said:

I loved the Divine Name, Bible Tour.  I want to go so bad.

Me too!

One of the points was a translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures with the Divine Name over 100 times!

Polyglott (multiple languages) translations that have the Divine Name in the Hebrew in quotes was a precedent for translations to begin using Jehovah (different spelling in old English) in the NT (= Christian Greek Scriptures).

I remember our 1950-1960 NW volumes where fouad 266 ms..(= manuscript) contains the Divine Name.   In JW broadcasting 10/2019 the Warwick tour highlighted Deuteronomy 32:3 showing the photostat (picture) where the Divine Name appears in Hebrew in this Greek LXX (= Septuagint) ms..

See this picture of Fouad 266 and other mss.:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001061205

Translation have done. They have a deep respect for the divine name and a healthy fear of removing anything that appeared in the original text.—Revelation 22:18, 19.

Scripture texts in Hebrew, Greek, and English

On 10/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, bohemian said:

When I went to the convention this year, I was grateful that the brothers opened the doors officially so that we older ones could enter first and not be bowled over by the rush for seats (as depicted on the Convention Reminders whiteboard animation). 
I feel like there is a similar “rush” here to be first to see the broadcast before the brothers have ‘opened the doors’ as it were on jwbroadcasting.

I can’t rush in any way, so I am happy to take my time.

Each to their own.

Broadcast reminder indeed, but many anticipate the next spiritual food in the form of video and they are excited to 'eat' this as early as possible. We are truly one big happy family!

For some of us living in areas with slow or limited internet service, we download most efficiently in the middle of the night or early morning.  So if I wait until evening on Monday, it may be that I can;t use the video as part of my Monday family worship.  So I download early to get it recorded and then I watch it after supper in my scheduled program.

So it is a case of walking in another's shoes.  We are not pushing ahead, we are trying to keep pace...❤️

37 minutes ago, jwhess said:

For some of us living in areas with slow or limited internet service, we download most efficiently in the middle of the night or early morning.  So if I wait until evening on Monday, it may be that I can;t use the video as part of my Monday family worship.  So I download early to get it recorded and then I watch it after supper in my scheduled program.

so just watch it the following monday.

6 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

so just watch it the following monday.

The following day Tuesday is a big Field Service day for my family.  Most of the folks in town have watched it,  We spend good times discussing the video in service.  If I am the only one who didn't watch it, the conversation is unclear and any surprise is lost when you get around to it a week later. I, also, am in charge (partly) for showing the  video in the congregation on the following Saturday afternoon. If I haven't seen it it is a little awkward,

I am not going to debate the watching on Monday and my ability to download, I was just showing another point of view.  If it does not sit well with you, ignore the comment.  Sorry if my situation disturbs you, in some way...🏳️

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

For some of us living in areas with slow or limited internet service, we download most efficiently in the middle of the night or early morning.  

Slow internet in the US? Is that possible in the world's most technologically advanced country? :eek: Even in the high mountains of Central Asia where I live internet service is good. It took me about 15 min to download the 298 MB version of the broadcast. 

2 hours ago, Bek said:

Slow internet in the US? Is that possible in the world's most technologically advanced country? :eek: Even in the high mountains of Central Asia where I live internet service is good. It took me about 15 min to download the 298 MB version of the broadcast. 

The absolute best in my area is just a little better than "dial-up" transmission.  We have a poor DSL connection that gets 2 Mbps on a really good day.  This morning it was 400 Kbps.  I lost my share in the CAD LDC work because I could not access the Bethel servers (in a timely manner) for file use.  It might take 1 - 2 hours to download the Broadcast video.  Sometimes the connections time-out. Generally, the service is better between midnight and 10 AM.  I can get a Broadcast video in 30-40 minutes.  No satellite service deep in the woods.

Here is a test sample from Speedtest.  First number is "ping" time and second number is download speed in Mbps.

mb.JPG

Edited by jwhess