JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

9 hours ago, runner92 said:

I’ve heard stories about stores too. People who quarantined and then ran to the store and got it. Honestly, I haven’t  been inside of a building other than my house since April. I’ve been doing all my shopping by curbside pickup.

Stories and individual cases will always include a wide variety of possibilities.  Mainly, though, their are not massive amounts of outbreaks being reported a a particular grocery store or Home Depot.  

Outbreaks are happening primarily at locations where people socialize together in close proximity for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time. So, in addition to being indoors there is also the additional factors of time and proximity to an infected person. 

10 hours ago, Loopy said:

now It’s official. ☹️ Our September 20 Circuit Assembly is cancelled. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Actually all “live” assemblies from September thru November have been cancelled. Just re-read last night’s announcement. ☹️

Our dear brothers are NOT taking any chances. ♥️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, elisha said:

The announcement was that large international gatherings of special conventions planned for 2021 are postponed until 2022, if circumstances permit.

Special Conventions, not the regular Regional ones. That said we may end up watching next year's one on Jw.org also, at the moment nobody knows. But, currently, we're still getting conventions next year.

Breaking News: For the fifth time in nine days, the U.S. set a daily record for new coronavirus cases. At least five states set records, as well.

https://nyti.ms/3e99OSk

"As President Trump continued pressing for a broader reopening of the United States, the country set another record for new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, with more than 59,000 infections announced and some states’ final numbers still unreported, according to a New York Times database. The previous record, 56,567, was reported on Friday... "

Old (Downunder) Tone

6 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Breaking News: For the fifth time in nine days, the U.S. set a daily record for new coronavirus cases. At least five states set records, as well.

"As President Trump continued pressing for a broader reopening of the United States, the country set another record for new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, with more than 59,000 infections announced and some states’ final numbers still unreported, according to a New York Times database. The previous record, 56,567, was reported on Friday... "

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

That's what happens when you lock people down and reopen. You get more human interaction and logically, more cases.. 

And cases aren't really the issue. Its the results of the cases are important: hospitalization rate, and death rates. For example, if we have 50,000 cases and they all recover, then the cases aren't that big a deal. And percent positive is really important as well as it proves community spread. 

What precipitated the lockdowns were hospitalizations and deaths. That's what we need to pay attention to.

Edited by Bob

6 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

And here is the number one reason I basically am skeptical of the NY Times and how they're presenting this information. They've singled out all "Red" states - Utah, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and West Virginia, and also, Oklahoma.

They are forgetting about one state that has not only had a mandatory mask policy in place for months, but had the third most new cases (8, 561) and the most deaths (150) all yesterday.

This thing has sadly been politicized and covid cases and patients are sadly and shamelessly being used as chess pieces to attack people of a political party. 

8 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

It might be better for everyone's mental health if we focused on the fact that 99% of all cases worldwide are shown to be in mild condition, according to the recent statistics you posted earlier. 

54 minutes ago, Bob said:

This thing has sadly been politicized and covid cases and patients are sadly and shamelessly being used as chess pieces to attack people of a political party. 

This is a worldwide pandemic. It's hurting people everywhere, and we all have to stay awake to the dangers.  No one has the answers, because this is unprecedented. Health and govt officials do not have the answers, but they doing the best they can with the information they have. Advice is predictably going to change. As Update 4 said, things can change. Let’s not get involved in US politics. 

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This is a worldwide pandemic. It's hurting people everywhere, and we all have to stay awake to the dangers.  No one has the answers, because this is unprecedented. Health and govt officials do not have the answers, but they doing the best they can with the information they have. Advice is predictably going to change. As Update 4 said, things can change. Let’s not get involved in US politics. 

Whose getting involved in politics? My opinion that the article is political in nature, and showing why (supporting my argument) is not getting involved in politics. I am showing why I do not trust politics, hence, my lack of involvement. 

Edited by Bob

As per the information from Br. Morris at the MWM we listen and obey Jehovah. Have respect for secular authority but as Jehovah's reccomendations are different or more cautious we listen to him. Br. Morris mentioned 'the shrewd one' that's what we need to be. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

20 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It’s really not an unprecedented situation in and of itself. We had the Spanish Flu, and it was worse than this. People are only saying that because they’ve never lived through something like this before, but I’m sure they said the same thing back then.  The issue is a lot of these governments aren’t doing the right thing by their people, handing out conflicting information, politicizing the pandemic, etc. 

I’m simply obeying the branch because it’s the branch. I don’t have trust in any of these government officials and never know what to believe about what they’re saying. There’s a lot of contradiction going on. I follow the branch only.

Edited by runner92

33 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

As per the information from Br. Morris at the MWM we listen and obey Jehovah. Have respect for secular authority but as Jehovah's reccomendations are different or more cautious we listen to him. Br. Morris mentioned 'the shrewd one' that's what we need to be. 

Haven't had my MWM (it's not for a few more hours), so no spoilers, please. 

28 minutes ago, runner92 said:

It’s really not an unprecedented situation in and of itself. We had the Spanish Flu, and it was worse than this. People are only saying that because they’ve never lived through something like this before, but I’m sure they said the same thing back then.  The issue is a lot of these governments aren’t doing the right thing by their people, handing out conflicting information, politicizing the pandemic, etc. 

I’m simply obeying the branch because it’s the branch. I don’t have trust in any of these government officials and never know what to believe about what they’re saying. There’s a lot of contradiction going on. I follow the branch only.

I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for reading my mind. 

Sad news about the rise of the virus from ABC world news.

ABC world News 2.jpg

ABC world News 1.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

16 hours ago, blacc said:

It might be better for everyone's mental health if we focused on the fact that 99% of all cases worldwide are shown to be in mild condition, according to the recent statistics you posted earlier. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-its-like-to-have-coronavirus-delirium-brain-fog-memory-2020-7  8 hours ago

• A new study found that coronavirus may cause brain damage in survivors, even if they had a relatively mild case. 
  • It's unclear how long the symptoms will last or if the brain damage will be permanent, but some experts worry they could lead to another epidemic. 
  • Survivors and patients have described how the virus's seeming effect on their brains is affecting their daily lives, from hallucinating to forgetting simple words. 

Today too, making a bad decision would be the result of trusting in false or fake news. This is dangerous. In this time of the pandemic, this can have an effect on our health and our life. Reacting to other propaganda can create financial losses or can result in other negative consequences. But there is even more at stake. Lies destroy trust. They create doubts and they can undermine our life-saving determination to follow Jehovah's direction. For example, we are determined to respect governments and their laws in harmony with Romans 13. Now the news often presents politics, politicians, state institutions in a bad light.
Sometimes we are confronted with outright lies, with cunning reasoning or easy solutions with empty promises. Please, let's be on the watch. This can weaken our determination to be faithful to Jehovah by obeying the superior authorities and displaying Christian neutrality.

Taken from transcript of latest video Do Not Lie @4:30 mark.

Consistently, the FDS has urged us to use extreme caution, to follow the directives from the secular authorities as to our health during this pandemic.They have taken it seriously, having been in hard lockdown since the beginning. We are wise to keep very aware of agendas that present government directions in a bad light - Lies destroy trust (in authority) and that goes against direction from the Bible at Romans 13. In the majority of cases we follow the govt direction, and if that government direction goes against what Jehovah directs, then we don’t.  We have to watch we don’t weaken our Christian neutrality, in this instance, by deciding we aren’t in agreement with specific government pandemic guidelines.