JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

TOILET PAPER ISSUES

Never before in my life have I seen so much panic as what people are faced with now.

First drought, then Fires. then floods. Now this Corona virus. Its one issue after another.  Seeing most shelves emptied from toilet paper to flour. basic essentials.

Is it just Australia that is behaving this way with Toilet paper. the need to grab? Or is it elsewhere too?

I was out preaching yesterday. I try not to park on anyones lawns. etc. some streets there is not much space between the curb and edge of the lawn. I was walking back 

after we finished a block. I was asked to move my car an old guy was wanting to mow the lawn. I could see him. So I apologized. He was a grump said I took to long to come back.

I did not care about that. Just was amazed how much more peoples nature out there has become. 

So me first.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

Never before in my life have I seen so much panic as what people are faced with now.

First drought, then Fires. then floods. Now this Corona virus. Its one issue after another.  Seeing most shelves emptied from toilet paper to flour. basic essentials.

Is it just Australia that is behaving this way with Toilet paper. the need to grab? Or is it elsewhere too?

I was out preaching yesterday. I try not to park on anyones lawns. etc. some streets there is not much space between the curb and edge of the lawn. I was walking back 

after we finished a block. I was asked to move my car an old guy was wanting to mow the lawn. I could see him. So I apologized. He was a grump said I took to long to come back.

I did not care about that. Just was amazed how much more peoples nature out there has become. 

So me first.

When I first saw this topic, I thought it said.."Toilet Paper Tissues"! I was thinking it was about "fragranced or fragrance free"! I was thinking, even though I am chemical sensitive, would that make a difference now??...Gabe..you are right. we have a sure hope and knowlege from the Bible as to why these disasters are happening..people in the world are blind to why these things are happening..even though Jehovah has and is giving them every opportunity to know the truth..sad..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

34 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

When I first saw this topic, I thought it said.."Toilet Paper Tissues"! I was thinking it was about "fragranced or fragrance free"! I was thinking, even though I am chemical sensitive, would that make a difference now??...Gabe..you are right. we have a sure hope and knowlege from the Bible as to why these disasters are happening..people in the world are blind to why these things are happening..even though Jehovah has and is giving them every opportunity to know the truth..sad..

You right. Thank goodness for the hope.  It's the one thing that keeps you sane

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

https://www.askaprepper.com/homemade-substitutes-toilet-paper/

Homemade Substitutes for Toilet Paper:

Standard Alternatives

You might be out of toilet paper, but you might still have other materials around the house that would work well as a substitute for toilet paper.  I’m talking about other store-bought materials, such as:

Facial tissues (Kleenex)

Paper towel

Baby wipes

Just don’t flush these last two options, as they might clog up your toilet.  But chances are, if you have run out of toilet paper, you are out of these, as well.  For this reason, let’s take a look at other options you can find in and around the house.

Found Around the House

Other than the materials mentioned above that you can buy at the store and that can substitute for toilet paper, there are other materials that you might have laying around your home that would work as well.  Here are some suggestions:

Paper: This can be newspaper, printer paper, notebook paper, or any other paper you can find. It’s not as soft as toilet paper, but it certainly does the job.  It is ideal to crumple the paper up a lot to soften it.  The paper you use can be burned afterward for easy disposal.

Sponge: A damp sponge can be used to wipe after using the toilet. This was common practice in ancient Rome, where they used to put a sponge of the end of a stick and clean themselves with that.  Just know that if the sponge isn’t cleaned properly, it can easily harbor bacteria, so after each use you should soak it in bleach water or boil it and then rinse it out.

Water: Whether you have the water indoors or find it outside, water will rinse away anything you need to clean off yourself. You can use it in a spray bottle, get a portable bidet, use a hose, or get snow if it’s winter.  A snowball works wonders!  You can fill your left hand with water and wash yourself and then wash your hands very well when you are done.  This is what is done in many countries where they simply don’t have the luxury of toilet paper.

Cloth: You probably have all sorts of cloth lying around the house. Perhaps you have old nightgowns and PJs, old bed sheets, old towels, or any other old clothes or materials made out of fabric.  Cloth is a great alternative when you are out of toilet paper and many self-sufficient folks choose to use cloth wipes despite having access to toilet paper.  You can dampen it if you need to and wash and reuse, making it ideal for the whole family.

click on link if you want to read " found outdoors" -  well what would Adam and Eve have used?

2020-03-07_14h48_04.png

Been trying for days to buy tp, so was up early to be at the shops at opening time. My goodness! There’s a sizeable crowd already! Doors opened nd we all went for the tp aisle. All gone in 5 mins!!!

EDF4A0F8-2ECA-4AB4-B0E3-97BBD4430ABD.thumb.jpeg.7b64d7e9374293b39f74bf0fc62094fe.jpeg

I got a 12 pack. That experience made me feel dirty and horrible inside. Seeing people coming after me and missing out is awful. I have a migraine cause of the stress. Mostly older people, but the ones on crutches or walking sticks couldn’t get there fast enough. Yuk! What a world.

8 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Been trying for days to buy tp, so was up early to be at the shops at opening time. My goodness! There’s a sizeable crowd already! Doors opened nd we all went for the tp aisle. All gone in 5 mins!!!

EDF4A0F8-2ECA-4AB4-B0E3-97BBD4430ABD.thumb.jpeg.7b64d7e9374293b39f74bf0fc62094fe.jpeg

I got a 12 pack. That experience made me feel dirty and horrible inside. Seeing people coming after me and missing out is awful. I have a migraine cause of the stress. Mostly older people, but the ones on crutches or walking sticks couldn’t get there fast enough. Yuk! What a world.

Isn’t it gross?!! Mum was running out of TP also and went into a small store, they tried charging her $8 for a few rolls. 😒

Selfishness is being seen everywhere..I know someone (non witness) who has brought 50 boxes of Cornflakes and 45 Long life milks! 😂😂🤪

That is so eyeopening cant think of a better word now. Just how rude and me first people have become at any cost

I started last year earlier buying in bulk.  because of being a family of 5. we were running out a lot.

So as we are self employed . I saw an ad for a company WHO GIVES A CRAP.  you can choose the package amount according to your budget.

So I started putting the rolls in different cupboards. then when specials came on at Coles a few of the cheapie brand of toliet paper and Hand towels

and tissues just in case of something happening with work or a case like this. The rolls come with pretty wrapped paper which serves as a great wrap for disposing of personal items.

I can't remember which Sister on this site had made up her own sanitizer using alchol. so I bought some vodka from aldi and I read the ingredients to the Banana boat alovera suncare.

It has the same ingredients as the handsanitzers from Palmolive.

as back up

Today a Walmart employee told me that many people showed up at the store at 6am after the big semi-truck had come in the early morning. This semi had enough supplies to restock their shelves with hand sanitizers/wipes and toilet paper. While people immediately emptied the shelves of all the hand wipes and sanitizers, a man bought toilet paper. How much toilet paper did he buy? The Walmart employee said that man bought around a 2 years supply, filling so many carts and leaving no TP for anyone else! :eek:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

12 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Today a Walmart employee told me that many people showed up at the store at 6am after the big semi-truck had come in the early morning. This semi had enough supplies to restock their shelves with hand sanitizers/wipes and toilet paper. While people immediately emptied the shelves of all the hand wipes and sanitizers, a man bought toilet paper. How much toilet paper did he buy? The Walmart employee said that man bought around a 2 years supply, filling so many carts and leaving no TP for anyone else! :eek:

Now that definitely shows the selfishness of Satan’s world. 😡 O my!

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”