JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Great Conjunction Dec 21st

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1271 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think I asked this from a news article before. But can Satan control any aspects in space like before? As in, can he make another star in the sky?

The Great Conjunction coming Dec 21st which is Saturn and Jupiter being so close it causes them to reflect light and appear as a merged planet or star. Is widely being called the 'christmas star' as people liken it to the one in the bible. They keep saying this hasn't occurred in 800 years...

Going with the current topic in the GT thread. Could this be a fearful sight?

https://www.space.com/great-conjunction-jupiter-saturn-explained

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Great-Conjunction-of-Jupiter-and-Saturn-will-be-the-closest-in-nearly-800-years-573393111.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1372949/christmas-star-2020-will-star-of-bethlehem-appear-december-21-great-conjunction-evg

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

Oh man I am definitely going to watch this. I hope it has clear skies that night. 

I’m not sure it’s going to be ‘fearful’ but certainly something amazing to see. 

That’s a good question though, can Satan influence the stars. We know he can’t create. Only Jehovah has that ability. We know that ‘star’ that led the wise men was directly from Satan as it led them first to Herod, then directly to the house in Bethlehem where Jesus was born, and set in motion a chain of events that caused mass slaughter of children. 

This article explains it well. The paragraphs under the subheading The star of Bethlehem:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101994482

It was more than likely a star-like object, rather than an actual star that Satan moved around space. So if he did that then, maybe he could do that now with fearful things in the sky? Not sure to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I think I asked this from a news article before. But can Satan control any aspects in space like before? As in, can he make another star in the sky?

The Great Conjunction coming Dec 21st which is Saturn and Jupiter being so close it causes them to reflect light and appear as a merged planet or star. Is widely being called the 'christmas star' as people liken it to the one in the bible. They keep saying this hasn't occurred in 800 years...

https://www.space.com/great-conjunction-jupiter-saturn-explained

https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Great-Conjunction-of-Jupiter-and-Saturn-will-be-the-closest-in-nearly-800-years-573393111.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1372949/christmas-star-2020-will-star-of-bethlehem-appear-december-21-great-conjunction-evg

If this was not a fearful sight 800 years ago, then it should not be one this year too. Maybe in the year 2820.

Off topic....(The fact that Satan could use a bright light in the Sky to guide the wise men sent by Herod to Jesus birth place for me shows he can create bright lights or UFOs in modern times to fool mankind into thinking we're being visited by Alien beings.)

On topic.......Will be interesting to see this conjunction of Jupiter & Saturn I do hope the skies are clear

Edited by Julie

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

This is only my personal opinion, I can't quote any publication to back it up: Heavenly bodies move according to laws set by Jehovah, and nobody can change those, not even Satan. Besides, Satan and his demons are restricted to earth right now. Yet Satan can make people see things that are not there. I'm guessing that's the trick he used when Jesus was born, since nobody other than the astrologers saw the "star". And being astrologers, they were under his influence anyway.

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

I don't find that conjunction fearful at all. And most people wouldn't even notice if a new star appeared anyway.

It seems "fearful sights" would rather have to do with supernatural events that will take place during the GT.

When I saw this thread title I was wondering why any one of these was greater than the other:

• And
  • but
  • for
  • nor
  • or
  • so
  • yet

Then I read the OP  :facepalmpo2:

After reading the comments I did wonder ... Is it right to call them "wise men" ?

*** g 12/10 p. 6 The Truth About Christmas ***
The Bible does not say how many “wise men” visited Jesus. There may have been two, or there may have been three, four, or more. Although termed “wise men” in some Bible translations, the original-language word is magoi, which means astrologers or sorcerers—professions that the Bible says are “detestable to Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) By virtue of their long journey from the East, the astrologers did not arrive in time to visit Jesus in the stable. Rather, after perhaps months of travel, they “went into the house” where Jesus was staying. There they saw “the young child with Mary its mother.”—Matthew 2:11

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Nirex said:

The star of Bethlehem was not a real star.  It may have been Satan transformed into a ball of energy to look like a star for all we know.  That's pure speculation on my part, but the Bible is clear it was no ordinary star.  Carlos suggested hallucination on the part of the astrologers. That's just as likely a possibility. 

Satan can do what you are asking.  This conjunction, like an eclipse or any other celestial phenomenon to date, is a natural event that can be predicted by observation and math. 

Edited by Shawnster

19 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

It's grey and overcast here.  Can't see a thing.

Same here. Foggy...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D