JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1008 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

that is what the government sent them. 

That sounds logical. If the government provided thousands of doses then the on-site medical group could administer them. At least the Bethelites didn't have to leave the facilities to get vaccinated.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, jwhess said:

It has been commented on...that the 19 in Covid-19 refers to the pounds gained during the pandemic...🙂

If only that was the case. I put on 42 pounds since this all began. And it’s not muscle. I wish. 
 Lol. Back to the weights again I think. Sorry off topic. :) 

Edited by Mykyl

3 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

If only that was the case. I put on 42 pounds since this all began. And it’s not muscle. I wish. 
 Lol. Back to the weights again I think. Sorry off topic. :) 

I lost 10 pounds, now I know where they went...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

Great report. Many of the Bethel brothers and sisters already vaccinated...♥️.

I heard that with some anticipation. I was trying to figure out what would come next. Just preceding that, he mentioned that taking the vaccine (or not) is a "personal decision for each Christian to make." Then he mentioned that "many in our Bethel families have chosen to be vaccinated." Here's where the "figuring out" comes in. He didn't say that "all" in the Bethel families chose it, nor did he say "some" or "a few." He left the number open with, "many." But did he mean to imply that some chose not to be vaccinated? Probably not, but I'm wondering why he left the matter hanging after that.

Or am I posing this question in the wrong topic? If I did, please don't post any anti-vax comments in here.

Edited by Sheep

21 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I heard that with some anticipation. I was trying to figure out what would come next. Just preceding that, he mentioned that taking the vaccine (or not) is a "personal decision for each Christian to make." Then he mentioned that "many in our Bethel families have chosen to be vaccinated." Here's where the "figuring out" comes in. He didn't say that "all" in the Bethel families chose it, nor did he say "some" or "a few." He left the number open with, "many." But did he mean to imply that some chose not to be vaccinated? Probably not, but I'm wondering why he left the matter hanging after that.

Or am I posing this question in the wrong topic? If I did, please don't post any anti-vax comments in here.

There are a lot of older ones at Bethel (some very old ones) who have a variety of other health problems that might need to be balanced against the pandemic needs.

23 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I think he meant many have been and that some have not.  Since it is a personal decision as he stated each individual is allowed to decide for themselves.  And if one is pro-vax or anti-vax they should keep that personal choice to themselves.  It does not need to be shared just as many other personal decisions are ours to make and shouldn't be up for debate.  I like to apply 1 Thess. 4:11 when discussing personal decisions. 

I think the point was that it was a personal choice.  Regardless whether it was many, a few, all or none, those who had the vaccine did so because it was a personal choice to have it, and those who didn't because it was a personal choice not to have it.

I have only told those in my congregation that asked me if I had the vaccine that I had it.  I told no-one before hand that I was going to have it, or when.  It was my choice, and no one else's business when or whether I choose to have it or not.

5 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Just for some perspective , Canada as a country has lost 25k to COVID

17000 is a sad number indeed

It got me to thinking.  Adolf Hitler spent a decade persecuting, arresting and killing our brothers in WW2.  But we lost many times more in just the last year alone to this pandemic.  To put this world-wide disease in perspective...it is 10 times worse than all Hitler could do to us. And it only took a year.

*** w07 10/15 p. 32 “I Admired His Incredible Determination” ***
Alfermann was one of some 13,400 Witnesses—in Germany and in countries occupied by the Nazis—who suffered reprisals because of their faith. They followed the direction of the Bible, remaining politically neutral and refusing to take up arms. (Matthew 26:52; John 18:36) Some 4,200 Witnesses were interned in concentration camps, and 1,490 lost their lives. Even today, the stand they took impresses many who do not share their faith but admire their steadfastness.

9 minutes ago, jwhess said:

There are a lot of older ones at Bethel (some very old ones) who have a variety of other health problems that might need to be balanced against the pandemic needs.

I was thinking about them precisely ... :shrugs:

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

It got me to thinking.  Adolf Hitler spent a decade persecuting, arresting and killing our brothers in WW2.  But we lost many times more in just the last year alone to this pandemic.  To put this world-wide disease in perspective...it is 10 times worse than all Hitler could do to us. And it only took a year.

*** w07 10/15 p. 32 “I Admired His Incredible Determination” ***
Alfermann was one of some 13,400 Witnesses—in Germany and in countries occupied by the Nazis—who suffered reprisals because of their faith. They followed the direction of the Bible, remaining politically neutral and refusing to take up arms. (Matthew 26:52; John 18:36) Some 4,200 Witnesses were interned in concentration camps, and 1,490 lost their lives. Even today, the stand they took impresses many who do not share their faith but admire their steadfastness.

owow! This is outstanding... well, back then there were less JW too. Thank you Brother John for your insight on this.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

17000 is a sad number indeed

17000 is .2% of 8 million. How does that percentage compare with the worldwide death rate percentage?

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

17000 is .2% of 8 million. How does that percentage compare with the worldwide death rate percentage?

image.thumb.png.d3b00a9e47e1d9dae4ea679d43afdd77.png

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I assume this means Bethelites are allowed outside their branches to get their jabs? Or they have doctors coming in to give such ones their vaccinations?

4 minutes ago, Adam! said:

I assume this means Bethelites are allowed outside their branches to get their jabs? Or they have doctors coming in to give such ones their vaccinations?

Quoting Brother Mark: "What is our view on vaccination? Jehovah’s Witnesses are not against vaccination. We view it as a personal decision for each Christian to make. Already, in cooperation with public health officials, many in our Bethel families have chosen to be vaccinated."

Edited by Sofia

3 minutes ago, Adam! said:

Likely at the US branches the government supplied the vaccine for the Bethel medical staff to administer.  

58 minutes ago, On the huh said:

I think the point was that it was a personal choice.  Regardless whether it was many, a few, all or none, those who had the vaccine did so because it was a personal choice to have it, and those who didn't because it was a personal choice not to have it.

I have only told those in my congregation that asked me if I had the vaccine that I had it.  I told no-one before hand that I was going to have it, or when.  It was my choice, and no one else's business when or whether I choose to have it or not.

I think that's the most logical explanation to my question. Thanks for your input.

It is a personal choice whether or not to get vaccinated, whatever the reason. And, it's a personal choice whether or not you're going to tell others what your choice is. One sister in my congregation has told us she won't say one way or the other if she took the vaccine, or if she intends to. (Maybe she's already heard brothers and sisters argue with her over her choice, and she wants to avoid any further arguing.)

12 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I think that's the most logical explanation to my question. Thanks for your input.

It is a personal choice whether or not to get vaccinated, whatever the reason. And, it's a personal choice whether or not you're going to tell others what your choice is. One sister in my congregation has told us she won't say one way or the other if she took the vaccine, or if she intends to. (Maybe she's already heard brothers and sisters argue with her over her choice, and she wants to avoid any further arguing.)

I guarantee you will never know which GB members did or did not take the vaccine.  They will keep that personal decision to themselves.  And if asked they will likely remind you in a loving way that it is a personal decision and they would rather not discuss it.  You won't see them in selfies while getting a jab or smiling with their vaccination cards.  They respect others personal choice and wouldn't want their choice to influence yours.

30 minutes ago, JkentBZ said:

I guarantee you will never know which GB members did or did not take the vaccine.  They will keep that personal decision to themselves.  And if asked they will likely remind you in a loving way that it is a personal decision and they would rather not discuss it.  You won't see them in selfies while getting a jab or smiling with their vaccination cards.  They respect others personal choice and wouldn't want their choice to influence yours.

You right that we never know would got their shot or not. Mostly likely any member of GB who didn’t get their shot will not be stepping on an airplane in the future too.

Since there is so much conjecture about the comment "many in our Bethel families have chosen to be vaccinated"... here is another way to look at it -  he made NO mention that some (or any) chose NOT to be vaccinated.

I guess we could read into that whatever we want.

I was told a few weeks back by someone in Bethel that more than 80% had already been vaccinated ... for what it is worth.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

31 minutes ago, Dages said:

That's for contaminated, not the global population (7 billions, 3,5 millions dead, 0.05%?)

Exactly

you don’t know how many Jw were sick with COVID-19