JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 987 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It would mean that 100% are vaccinated and the Branch activity may resume to normal operations and the magazines may be completed and literature may be shipped and meetings may resume and theocratic projects may resume and ....

Do you really believe it s possible while the pandemic is still on?

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The brothers have already been very clear that they feel that fully vaccinated ones have more protection against the virus,

The GB explained twice that they are cooperating with the authorities 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Why does that matter? Even if it turns out 100% decided in favor, what does it matter?

What is so wrong or objectionable that a vast majority of those serving in Bethel would decide to be vaccinated? 

In keeping with what Br Sanderson said in Update #4:

• We've worked hard as an organization to show deep respect for the sanctity of life
  • As of May 15th we have now lost over 17,000 of our dear Brothers and Sisters
  • In the past month, in India, there have been ten times as many new cases and deaths among the brothers than there were in the previous month
  • Sadly, over 400 of our brothers in Brazil have died from the virus in just the past month
  • Jehovah's Witnesses are not against vaccinations
  • We view it as a personal decision for each Christian to make
  • Already, in cooperation with Public Health Officials, many in our Bethel families have chosen to be vaccinated

It just seems that when it is mentioned that "many" in Bethel have decided in favor of vaccinations that some want to press the idea that "many = minority" or that, somehow, the idea of most (or even 100%) of those in Bethel getting vaccinated is a bad idea.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

17 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It just seems that when it is mentioned that "many" in Bethel have decided in favor of vaccinations that some want to press the idea that "many = minority" or that, somehow, the idea of most (or even 100%) of those in Bethel getting vaccinated is a bad idea.

I was interested in how many were fully vaccinated because it's a good indicator that the Branch may resume normal activities soon, I wasn't looking for a discussion about vaccinated verses non-vaccinated. I'm sorry if my question caused that discussion.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I understand ...

I was not trying to perpetuate the pro-vs-con discussion either - just trying to help explain why it is interesting to want to know how many at Bethel may have already been vaccinated, too. After all, it would be a good thing if life at the Branch can resume with more normality than it has been able to do for the last 15+ months. Maybe this direction can stop with these comments and the discussion does not have to continue.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I understand ...

I was not trying to perpetuate the pro-vs-con discussion either - just trying to help explain why it is interesting to want to know how many at Bethel may have already been vaccinated, too. After all, it would be a good thing if life at the Branch can resume with more normality than it has been able to do for the last 15+ months. Maybe this direction can stop with these comments and the discussion does not have to continue.

Bethel at Warwick is important, but with so many Branches around the world still in direct impact from Covid-19 and publishers experiencing that also I do not see "normality" any soon, but yes I understand that you're focusing only on one location. But with new variants emerging even there at Warwick normality could be some time away. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

But with new variants emerging even there at Warwick normality could be some time away

It depends on your definition of normality. 😁

Eventually there will be enough of the volunteers vaccinated that the brothers may decide to let them resume normal activities within the facility. Work, meals, meetings, etc held within the facility would become normal again. 

Eventually the brothers will logically allow the volunteers to resume normal activities outside of the facility as long as it doesn't create any danger for anyone. Logically that may take awhile.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I recently heard that 98% at the US Branch are vaccinated and I was wondering if anyone could confirm that. 

While I don’t serve at a US branch facility, I have a friend who works in the kitchen at Wallkill and he has mentioned that same figure, 98% of the US Bethel family are vaccinated. This week, the following things were put in place for those who are fully vaccinated

• No more mandatory mask wearing indoors

• Hugging and shaking hands is permitted

• The option to work from home or in an office

• Lunch served each day from the dining room; take away is encouraged

• Watchtower Study can be attended in person or watched from home

• Vaccinated or not, no visitors allowed in Bethel and no one is permitted to visit others outside of Bethel

Please note, these arrangements are only in place in the US, not in every branch around the world.

50 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

While I don’t serve at a US branch facility, I have a friend who works in the kitchen at Wallkill and he has mentioned that same figure, 98% of the US Bethel family are vaccinated. This week, the following things were put in place for those who are fully vaccinated

• Vaccinated or not, no visitors allowed in Bethel and no one is permitted to visit others outside of Bethel

Please note, these arrangements are only in place in the US, not in every branch around the world.

Wow!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

7 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Thanks. That's what I had heard, I just wanted confirmation from a second source 👍🏻

My previous post about having a secret had to do with a 95% number. The big secret was a particular named vaccine for Bethel family.

I swore to secrecy on the named vaccine. :zipmouth:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

16 minutes ago, Old said:

The big secret was a particular named vaccine for Bethel family.

I don't understand.  This sounds like Bethelites have to one specific vaccine.  If it is a personal choice, then the vaccine would be a personal choice?  Please explain.

That wouldn't work in the UK.  You are given the vaccine the NHS has chosen or has in stock.

2 hours ago, On the huh said:

I don't understand.  This sounds like Bethelites have to one specific vaccine.  If it is a personal choice, then the vaccine would be a personal choice?  Please explain.

That wouldn't work in the UK.  You are given the vaccine the NHS has chosen or has in stock.

In Portugal you can choose among 3 which you d like to have

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 6/24/2021 at 1:19 AM, Sofia said:

Do you really believe it s possible while the pandemic is still on?

The GB explained twice that they are cooperating with the authorities 

Richard was referring to this announcement dated 4th of June, for all congregations:

1. COVID-19 Restrictions: Many governmental public health authorities have stated that
fully vaccinated people may have greater flexibility in their activities. These activities might
include association with others, travel, and assembling for events
It is wise to keep updated
on the local governmental requirements and to respect them.
2. As mentioned in the video
2021 Governing Body Update #4, Jehovah’s Witnesses are
not against vaccination. We view it as a personal decision for each Christian to make. In
cooperation with recommendations from public health officials, many in our Bethel families
have already chosen to be vaccinated. Medical studies have shown that those who are fully
vaccinated have added protection against the virus
. A person becomes “fully vaccinated”
two weeks after receiving all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Medical studies have
also shown that those who choose not to be vaccinated should remain more cautious, since
they are far more susceptible to the virus.
All of you are to be warmly commended as you
continue to show good judgment and act in a way that demonstrates your respect for life.

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

In Portugal you can choose among 3 which you d like to have

I don't know if that is the case in every location. My wife was vacinated last sunday morning and it was one specific accine only that was being delivered. In the afternoon it would be a different one

Everyone I heard off didn't get to choose and took the one that was available at the moment

Maybe the branch has requested for a certain number of vaccines and received all of the same 

Edited by jayrtom

The elders in the US get a weekly branch update letter on the permissions for "Special Full-Time Servants" and what they are permitted to do (ow where  and how to go).  In the US Branch, there are quite a few permissions for those who are fully-vaccinated.  There are some additional permissions not listed by Br. Jamie...for example, they can have group gatherings inside their rooms (or house) with those who are not family members, roommates and so on, as long as the guests are  fully-vaccinated.  And they are not limited to just 6 persons.

So the extension of such privileges are given to the fully-vaccinated members. This includes CO families, Field Missionarys, Special Pioneers and so on.

44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The elders in the US get a weekly branch update letter on the permissions for "Special Full-Time Servants" and what they are permitted to do (ow where  and how to go

It seems my fsg overseer mentioned something like this at our sing a long for new song last night. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

56 minutes ago, AH173 said:

It seems my fsg overseer mentioned something like this at our sing a long for new song last night. 

I should have said that we are requested to check weekly but it doesn't always change every week.  It may stay the same for 2 or 3 weeks.  They readjust the requirements by state, by island or country.  The US Branch oversees the Caribbean countries also.

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

don't know if that is the case in every location.

Perhaps not…

in here where we live we can choose

Lisbon too

i guess it depends on availability 😉

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Richard was referring to this announcement dated 4th of June, for all congregations:

Ok

obrigada 🙏 

but it’s not wise to even think going back to the old way

not yet

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, jwhess said:

for those who are fully-vaccinated.... they can have group gatherings inside their rooms (or house) with those who are not family members, roommates and so on, as long as the guests are  fully-vaccinated.  And they are not limited to just 6 persons.

What I don't understand is how can the standards be relaxed when Delta and Gamma variants are just starting to increase, and I've heard that they can affect even people who have been vaccinated....?

4 hours ago, M.J. said:

What I don't understand is how can the standards be relaxed when Delta and Gamma variants are just starting to increase, and I've heard that they can affect even people who have been vaccinated....?

In Sydney "young" people are in the intensive care ...one is  30y.o and 14 people under 50. 

Delta variant is making a mark for sure. 

Also Pfizer is degraded for the efficiency against  Delta variant. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, M.J. said:

Of course . There´s no vaccine 100% effective. 1 to 15 or more people will get it out or 100. The issue is that they will probably get a milder form of covid, which is good.

11 hours ago, M.J. said:

No one will ever be 100 percent protected from disease (of any kind ) in this old world.  The test in the USA show that currently, hospitalized people are about 98 percent unvaccinated.  So by reverse consideration, those who are vaccinated should be among the vast majority that have immunity up to 98 percent. It is not perfect but it is what the GB calls "added protection".

If and when we go back to gathering together, every person sitting next to you could have a cold virus, a flu virus, whooping cough, measles, mumps or a thousand other diseases. Most of us here in the USA were vaccinated as children against these things and will probably be safe.  We were vaccinated against Polio and many other crippling conditions. Most of us carry a smallpox scar from our vaccination as kids.

So if we add the Covid-19 shot to the list, we can sit next to you with less fear, comforted in the knowledge that you are protected (up to 98%) and I am protected (up to 98%).  That is much better than the mortality rate of unvaccinated people who have contact with the virus.

To sum up. Vaccinated people who have protection against any of those viruses or conditions that I mentioned earlier can still be infected.  After 10 years my Tetanus vaccination weakens and I can get the disease.  But that is not an excuse to try to get around get the shot in the first place. Stepping on a rusty nail could kill me and the vaccination stops that. So if the LDC / DRC asks for the Tetanus shot to be administered, I am not going to argue with them and say that is is only 98% effective so I will take my chance with all of the dangers in the relief project...💗

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

After 10 years my Tetanus vaccination weakens and I can get the disease.

This is good to know. I had it after I was stitched up after a mean ribbon of metal caused a 2 inch cut on the back of my hand (from being a machinist).

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible