JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pictures, jokes for the older ones

daydream

I don't think there's been a single time that I have opened this thread and not read the title as, Pictures, jokes for the older Folks..it just happens. . .and I'm not even a poet 😐

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 minutes ago, Imagine said:

Oh Sister that's so catchy. I wonder if the mods would let me change the title.  Us, older folks need to add a little spice to our lives.  

Hide contents

image.png.1dfaa9e0ee90b530efdd6d4c510da050.png

Oh!  I didn't know or check who the author was who started it ...🙃

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

20 hours ago, Loopy said:

B4D59AD5-6EB2-4F64-9C8B-F7764CA471B3.jpeg

A brother who was a truck driver told a story when he was going down a very winding, hilly wooded country road late a night, he saw flashes of a very strong light as if searching through forest, as if there was a searchlight looking for something in the distance and they were scanning the area. He had noticed this light for a couple of minutes but when as he was on top of the range and he saw this long strong beam of light more clearly searching through the countryside. As he was nearing this light and about a couple of kilometers away from him, the light suddenly disappeared. As he was nearing the end of the top of the range and coming to the crest, he noticed just normal car lights coming towards his way, but a orange glow was in between the lights. When he finally got within viewing distance of the vehicle, it was a prime mover with an old WW2 search light still glowing hot on it's bullbar. When the truck passed by him, the other truck turned the light back on and it was if it was daylight behind him.

The only reason why he knew it was an old WW2 searchlight, he had used them when he was in the army in his youth and before the truth as well.

Edited by Pabo

2 hours ago, Imagine said:

It must look something like this. Absolutely blinding and very dangerous to oncoming vehicles. A real lunatic to use on public roads no matter how winding. 

Hide contents

image.png.f6ceaf652b0ccb1e7588c8ba1ab863cf.png

Do you suppose that light is made of ultra-bright LED's ??

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

52 minutes ago, Qapla said:

ultra-bright LED

Good question!

From wikipedia

WW2 -era searchlights were mostly of 60 inch (152.4 cm) diameter with rhodium plated parabolic mirror, reflecting a carbon arc discharge. Peak output was 800,000,000 candela. It was powered by a 15 kW generator and had an effective beam visibility of 28 to 35 miles (45 to 56 km) in clear low humidity.

Spoiler

image.png.b803e8bdde317163a6fda38fad06f678.png

image.png.b550d318785c558c46a27a86e0a28ad5.png

Wow, those must be terrifying times.

Maybe Brother John can help me out with the technical details. 

How do you count cows?

Spoiler

With a cow culator 😆

🐄

Why do cows have hooves not toes

Spoiler

They lac tose 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Do you know why so many jokes are one-liners?

Spoiler

Most people can't tell longer jokes without ruining the punchline

Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~