JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Spoiler Alert) FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA—Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 954 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Hinata said:

My mother told me about a live staged drama of Lot long time ago. Does anyone remember how they did Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? I think it was very clever.

I think the live drama could still work. But of course, without the special effects.

Yes I do

she was like a static statue no move at all

at the time no special effects 

I also remember the fall of queen Jesabel too

there were sound effects only

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 hours ago, Hinata said:

My mother told me about a live staged drama of Lot long time ago. Does anyone remember how they did Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? I think it was very clever.

I think the live drama could still work. But of course, without the special effects.

I remember that Drama..I was only around 3 or 4 years old and the sister was wearing a cloak or blanket and she quickly spun it around.

My mum said I got so frightened and said “Mummy I’m never going to doing anything bad again” 🙈🤣 ..She always reminds me! 😅🧂 

7 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

What year was that?

It was 18-something in Cedar Point, Ohio. :lol:

16 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

According to the video is opposite. 

Glen, I think you got me wrong. I was supporting what you said previously. The dream about the image happened two years after the destruction of Jerusalem. :)

56 minutes ago, carlos said:

It was 18-something in Cedar Point, Ohio. :lol:

Glen, I think you got me wrong. I was supporting what you said previously. The dream about the image happened two years after the destruction of Jerusalem. :)

Sorry my brother for misunderstanding. So many posts and at times I get confused.  Thanks.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, rbrown1205 said:

This is the first time that I even heard of Daniel's father.  He must have been a remarkable man - they also didn't have Xerox machines then!!  Apparently his father copied Ezekiel's book or a portion of it, to give to Daniel!!

Maybe he copied Psalm 27:11-13, see in the Drama at 57.20, he opens what he got from his father. (How well made the song "With Eyes of Faith" also have Psalm 27:13 as a basis for the song) 🙂

On 8/3/2021 at 7:53 PM, pnutts said:

Has anyone noticed that young Daniel looks like a younger version of bother in Hope-not seen video? The friend who lost his wife in Peru.

This may have been mentioned already... but the Dr at the end of the Hope video who gives the couple the good news... I am almost positive thats the same brother who plays Nebuchadnezzar!

{ Mined links to unreleased publications on JW.org is not permitted - Bob }

{See Community Membership Policy, Section E. Item #3}

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Removed links to publications not officially release yet

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Anyone else notice that the sunset was enhanced for the drama? Check out these shots from the drama and the video in brother Lett’s talk.

1074DD6A-9C69-4747-9276-907A36FD2DB4.png

5F4BCB80-49D6-45EB-BD3D-98AA02E57730.png

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

20 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

Anyone else notice that the sunset was enhanced for the drama? Check out these shots from the drama and the video in brother Lett’s talk.

I have thought the exact same thing. The video from Brother Lett’s talk is from May 2021 Broadcasting. Maybe the production wasn’t finished until that point?

By the way, that video has been speculated to be featured on the convention since May. When the May 2021 Broadcasting was released, that excerpt video seems to have been mistakenly released to the server. (See: https://jwtalk.net/topic/48723-jw-broadcasting-may-2021/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-820805) So we know they were planning to show that video on the convention.

Edited by Hinata

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

It can also be seen from the “Convention Releases” section from the website.

Edited by Hinata

No blood...

I don't think I saw a single drop of blood. It shows that a good movie can portray violent events without making it bloody.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, Thesauron said:

I always imagined that Daniel left his family behind in his home country, but of course, he probably didn’t. It is quite possible that they followed him to Babylonia, even if they didn’t settle in the capital of Babylon.

That possibility is is kind of confirmed in the drama. 

But honestly whether it's reading without really paying attention to all details or it's just the time Jehovah reveals all details, I never knew that Dan was near to his family like that near. 

Wonderful piece of info