JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Spoiler Alert) FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA—Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 926 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, Tortuga said:

No blood...

I don't think I saw a single drop of blood. It shows that a good movie can portray violent events without making it bloody.

The best quality drama leaves it to the imagination.  Alfred Hitchcock was masterful (although there was blood going down the drain in the shower scene).

It was interesting that they didn't even bother to show a silhouette of a lion in the den - just the audio of a lion.  Masterful.

I didn't see all five pages of this thread, but I was in awe at the selection of the brother who played the aged Daniel!  If the real Daniel was anything like that, he would have been really impressive even to the Kings that he counseled! And Gabriel called him a "precious man"!  That shows that a person who sincerely loves and relies on Jehovah is highly prized by Him.

24 minutes ago, Paa Yaw said:

Am I the only one who was just a little bit disappointed because I was expecting to see real lions?? :crying:

We have a range of stories about the brothers and sisters who tended the livestock for various video production drama.  Can you imagine the stories we would hear about your Bethel assignment being to care for lions?...😀

29 minutes ago, Paa Yaw said:

Am I the only one who was just a little bit disappointed because I was expecting to see real lions?? :crying:

Even a single CGI lion in the shadows looking down at him would have been nice...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Paa Yaw said:

Nope

I too was hoping to see at least shadows of them…

but it’s ok

the way it was done it’s fine and i love it 😍 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 8/18/2021 at 12:17 AM, carlos said:

Apparently there are no JWs in Afghanistan. There are three countries in the world where the branch doesn't know of the existence of any JWs, and Afghanistan is one of them, together with North Korea and Somalia.

On 8/18/2021 at 4:36 AM, Hinata said:

We have had opportunity to preach to those in North Korea in the past and in the present. Before the both Koreas were divided, due to Japan’s invasion, many were active Kingdom publishers in the North Korean territories. It was never known what would happen to them after the division of course.

In the recent years, there certainly have been other ways to preach to them. For example, some North Korean may have a job outside the country, e.g. China or Russia, and they could be witnessed using that opportunity. Could it be similar in Afghanistan or Somalia? I do not know.

I remember hearing, if not mistaken, about Somalia that missionaries were assigned there but because their lives were in danger they were withdrawn. Just as has been said it then can not be concluded that the good news has not been preached because the truth has been taken there by even indigenous people who move out of and in Afghanistan, Somalia and North Korea. 

2 minutes ago, Peak Pelka said:

I remember hearing, if not mistaken, about Somalia that missionaries were assigned there but because their lives were in danger they were withdrawn. Just as has been said it then can not be concluded that the good news has not been preached because the truth has been taken there by even indigenous people who move out of and in Afghanistan, Somalia and North Korea. 

Our King Jesus observes all these things.  When he says the work is done, it will have been accomplished to his Father's satisfaction.  Not a minute before nor a minute later than necessary.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, Paa Yaw said:

Here ya go

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Daniel 5:17

This is the picture we see.  For only part of one night did the gift exist.  But the Bible does say....

Daniel 5:29-30..."Then Bel·shazʹzar gave the command, and they clothed Daniel with purple and placed a gold necklace around his neck; and they heralded concerning him that he was to become the third ruler in the kingdom. That very night Bel·shazʹzar the Chal·deʹan king was killed."

4 hours ago, Beaugeste said:

I wonder why it did not depict Daniel as being clothed with purple and having the promised gold necklace placed around his neck.  Also being heralded 3rd ruler that night before Belshazzar was killed.   (Daniel 5:28)

We didn’t see this happen, but the film very accurately alludes to the fact that this happened. In the film, the series of events seems to happen very quickly. Yet, if you look closely and compare Daniel’s attire between the scene where he finishes interpreting the writing on the wall and after the Medes and Persians burst in, there is a brief switch back to where we see Daniel, and in this scene we see him wearing a purple robe and a gold necklace, just as the Biblical account tells us. Compare Daniel at 6:29 into the film and at 6:51 into the film. And Darius’ words to Daniel the following morning allude to his prestigious position that had just been granted him by Belshazzar the night before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, Tortuga said:

Even a single CGI lion in the shadows looking down at him would have been nice...🤣

I'm actually glad they didn't use CGI lions! I was watching a movie recently with a "realistic" CGI animal (I think it was a raccoon) and it looked awful! There was also a movie about dogs or dog sledding that came out recently with no real dog actors, all of the dogs were CGI and on set actually men in suits, and in the movie they looked a bit uncanny! No matter how high the budget and how great the CGI is, you can always tell and it takes you out of the scene, same with CGI humans in non-cartoon movies, computers can't completely replicate the beauty and warmth of Jah's design just yet :) 

Edited by JayMusicGirl