JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Spoiler Alert) FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA—Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 948 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

If we look into 29 minutes of the video, Daniel and has family talked about the destruction of Jerusalem, that would be in 607 BCE. Just after that scene, Nebuchadnezzar had his vision of the image.

Jerusalem falls, and Babylon becomes the first major world ruler to have authority over Israel as a nation.

The time of the Gentile Kings begins, and immediately Jehovah reveals what that 'march of empires' will look like, and how it will end.

I forgot the order of the world powers of the immense image, so my husband sent this to me with dates as a summary:

BABYLONIA from 607 B.C.E.

MEDO-PERSIA from 539 B.C.E.

GREECE from 331 B.C.E.

ROME from 30 B.C.E.

ANGLO-AMERICAN WORLD POWER from 1763 C.E.

POLITICALLY DIVIDED WORLD in the time of the end

Edited by Lieblingskind

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

5 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

I forgot the order of the world powers of the immense image, so my husband sent this to me with dates as a summary:

BABYLONIA from 607 B.C.E.

MEDO-PERSIA from 539 B.C.E.

GREECE from 331 B.C.E.

ROME from 30 B.C.E.

The rise of the Anglo - American Power happened between 1914 - 1918 CE 

20 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The rise of the Anglo - American Power happened between 1914 - 1918 CE 

Here are the references to the clarification of the 7th World Power combined in World War 1.  The scriptures say “in the Lord’s Day”.

*** dx86-21 Beliefs Clarified ***

2012, when seventh world power emerged: w12 6/15 15, 19

*** w12 6/15 p. 15 pars. 4-5 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***

Until the 17th century, Britain was a relatively insignificant power. Three other regions of the old Roman Empire—Spain, the Netherlands, and France—were far more influential. Britain plucked those powers out one by one, removing them from their positions of prestige. By the mid-18th century, Britain was on its way to become the dominant power on the world scene. But it had not yet become the seventh head of the wild beast.

5 Though Britain gained dominance, colonies in North America broke away. Even so, the United States was allowed to grow mighty, protected by British naval power. By the time the Lord’s day began in 1914, Britain had built the largest empire in history and the United States had become the greatest industrial power on earth. During World War I, the United States forged a special partnership with Britain. The seventh head of the beast had now emerged as the Anglo-American World Power.

*** w12 6/15 p. 15 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***

Although the components of the dual world power have existed since the 18th century, John describes it as it would appear at the start of the Lord’s day. In fact, the fulfillment of the visions recorded in Revelation takes place during “the Lord’s day.” (Rev. 1:10) It was not until World War I that the seventh head began operating as a united world power.

5 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

This information is from the Daniel’s Prophecy book, and there have been a number of clarifications on Daniel chapter 2 since this book was published over 20 years ago. The Anglo-American world power began functioning during World War I, not from 1763 C.E. Also, we no longer speak of the “politically divided world” in the time of the end as representing a separate world power. This idea came from the wrong conclusion that the number of toes on the image had special significance. They do not. Hence, the Anglo-American world power, which is now ruling, is the one that will be in operation when God’s Kingdom crushes all human governments at Armageddon.

On 8/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, Thesauron said:

I always imagined that Daniel left his family behind in his home country, but of course, he probably didn’t. It is quite possible that they followed him to Babylonia, even if they didn’t settle in the capital of Babylon.

Me too. Used to think the same way. It was the drama, and your comment, that clarified it for me.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:44 AM, Hope said:

Excellent so far. Gutted we won't see the fiery furnace, but get two Neb dreams... but it's all good.  Looking forward to part 2!

I'm more gutted that we won't get to see the beasts of Daniel 7 and 8.

Edited by blacc

Modification

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I am sure you will find chapter 11 interesting.

Indeed, but I wanted to see the beasts, especially the one with the iron teeth.... Rome. Plus I wanted to see the little horn with eyes speaking grandiose things. 

Edited by blacc

Modification

On 8/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Dustparticle said:

If we look into 29 minutes of the video, Daniel and has family talked about the destruction of Jerusalem, that would be in 607 BCE. Just after that scene, Nebuchadnezzar had his vision of the image.

Nebuchadnezzar had his dream of the immense image "in the second year of his kingship" (Daniel 2:1). *** it-1 p. 1186 Image *** explains this means "the second year of Nebuchadnezzar’s kingship (evidently counting from the time of his conquest of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.)".  So the dream happened in 605 BCE.

27 minutes ago, carlos said:

Nebuchadnezzar had his dream of the immense image "in the second year of his kingship" (Daniel 2:1). *** it-1 p. 1186 Image *** explains this means "the second year of Nebuchadnezzar’s kingship (evidently counting from the time of his conquest of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.)".  So the dream happened in 605 BCE.

According to the video is opposite. 

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Imagine how these stories would have been retold when we did the live dramas on stage…

My mother told me about a live staged drama of Lot long time ago. Does anyone remember how they did Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? I think it was very clever.

I think the live drama could still work. But of course, without the special effects.

Edited by Hinata

34 minutes ago, Hinata said:

Does anyone remember how they did Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?

I remember her having some flour or white powder in her hand and she tossed it up over her head and then stood still.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Hinata said:

Does anyone remember how they did Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? I think it was very clever.

I remember because the missionary sister who studied with me was Lots wife, she had a white material fastened on top of her head somehow and when she turned around she undid it and it covered her instantly! We all gasp it looked like she was a white pillar!

3 hours ago, Littlecat said:

I remember because the missionary sister who studied with me was Lots wife, she had a white material fastened on top of her head somehow and when she turned around she undid it and it covered her instantly! We all gasp it looked like she was a white pillar!

What year was that?

46 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

What year was that?

I’m pretty sure it was 1988 , the drama “Jehovah’s Judgements Against Law Defying People” I attended in Pittsburg PA the first time that year,  the sister who had studied with me lived in another state. I can remember the sister(Lots wife)  on the Three Rivers Stadium field turn white and the wind blowing the white covering she had over her as she stood still.That was the convention we received the ‘Revelation it’s Grand Climax at Hand’ book!  Oh,it was so exciting!

Edited by Littlecat