JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Spoiler Alert) FEATURE BIBLE DRAMA—Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 955 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I felt deeply moved when Daniel s father told him that

Ezequiel compared his faithfulness to Noah and Job… EZ 14:14

i also cried… very touching!

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Looking forward to Part 2 in 3 weeks

Jimmy Fallon Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Tooo looooooong in deed 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Here is some interesting background information about the siege and the gold cup that Daniel sees fall out of the wagon.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1200002375

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Something I learned is that Daniel and others being moved or captured happened before 607. Somehow I thought his family was taken during the destruction. I think I got that idea from the Bible story book photo. Anyway, I said something about it during the watching and my husband was like “You didn’t know that, woman?” 😂 I will be watching it again and picking up more details I am sure. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I'm trying to work out the starting year of the drama.

I'm not sure if the starting point of 618 B.C. is correct. (Nebuchadnezzar takes first Jewish captives to Babylon)

Because if 618 B.C. is the start point then after 3 years of training that would make the year 615 B.C.

And seven years later would make it 608 B.C.

But the drama at 28:04 says "seven years later at 607 B.C."

So should the start point of the drama be 617 B.C.?

Timeline taken from:   https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951246

625 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar rules as king of Babylon Jer. 25:1

Nebuchadnezzar defeats Neco of Egypt Jer. 46:2

620 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar makes Jehoiakim tributary king 2 Ki. 24:1

618 B.C. Jehoiachin becomes king after Jehoiakim 2 Ki. 24:6

Nebuchadnezzar takes first Jewish Dan. 1:1-4 captives to Babylon 2 Chron. 36:6, 2Ch 36:7
**** 618 B.C. Start of Daniel Drama ****

617 B.C. Zedekiah is made king 2 Chron. 36:10

**** 615 B.C. Dan 1:5 They were to be trained for three years ****

609 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar attacks Judah 3rd time 2 Ki. 25:1

He begins 3-year siege of Jerusalem 2 Ki. 25:2

607 B.C. Fifth month (Ab 7-10) temple razed 2 Ki. 25:8-10
Jerusalem destroyed Jer. 52:12-14

**** 607 B.C. At 28:04 of Daniel Drama ****

607 B.C. Seventh month. Jews abandon Judah 2 Ki. 25:25, 2Ki 25:26

Babylon becomes the third world power

Edited by WilliamChew

Daniel was told he has a bright future ahead of him and that he shouldn't waste it.

How many of our young ones have heard that from teachers and career councillors at school, pushing them into higher education and a career in this system of things.  Thankfully, many like Daniel, choose to seek the Kingdom first.

I always imagined that Daniel left his family behind in his home country, but of course, he probably didn’t. It is quite possible that they followed him to Babylonia, even if they didn’t settle in the capital of Babylon.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I always imagined that Daniel left his family behind in his home country, but of course, he probably didn’t. It is quite possible that they followed him to Babylonia, even if they didn’t settle in the capital of Babylon.

The empire was big... we will have more details when Daniel will be back.

image.thumb.png.bab290a0f9f8c4554cd58af98511fe21.png

Edited by Dages

11 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I'm trying to work out the starting year of the drama.

I'm not sure if the starting point of 618 B.C. is correct. (Nebuchadnezzar takes first Jewish captives to Babylon)

Because if 618 B.C. is the start point then after 3 years of training that would make the year 615 B.C.

And seven years later would make it 608 B.C.

But the drama at 28:04 says "seven years later at 607 B.C."

So should the start point of the drama be 617 B.C.?

Timeline taken from:   https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951246

625 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar rules as king of Babylon Jer. 25:1

Nebuchadnezzar defeats Neco of Egypt Jer. 46:2

620 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar makes Jehoiakim tributary king 2 Ki. 24:1

618 B.C. Jehoiachin becomes king after Jehoiakim 2 Ki. 24:6

Nebuchadnezzar takes first Jewish Dan. 1:1-4 captives to Babylon 2 Chron. 36:6, 2Ch 36:7
**** 618 B.C. Start of Daniel Drama ****

617 B.C. Zedekiah is made king 2 Chron. 36:10

**** 615 B.C. Dan 1:5 They were to be trained for three years ****

609 B.C. Nebuchadnezzar attacks Judah 3rd time 2 Ki. 25:1

He begins 3-year siege of Jerusalem 2 Ki. 25:2

607 B.C. Fifth month (Ab 7-10) temple razed 2 Ki. 25:8-10
Jerusalem destroyed Jer. 52:12-14

**** 607 B.C. At 28:04 of Daniel Drama ****

607 B.C. Seventh month. Jews abandon Judah 2 Ki. 25:25, 2Ki 25:26

Babylon becomes the third world power

According to the drama, it seems like that Nebuchadnezzar had his 2 visions after 607 BCE. It make since he destroyed Jehovah’s temple, conquer nations, and rebuilt Babylon. He thought he was stronger than Jehovah and Jehovah chopped down his kingdom or his tree. Daniel 4th chpt.

In the opening scenes the Babylonians said they had starved out the city, yet Daniel and his family had food and were happy.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

In the opening scenes the Babylonians said they had starved out the city, yet Daniel and his family had food and were happy.

So it was fake news at the time. The Babylonians had a tendency to brag about their conquests.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

GOODNESS ME! THE BROTHERS GOT IT WRONG!  😱

Can this really be the truth?  Errors in the spiritual food?  🥺  Sat it ain’t so!!!

I’m stumbled.