JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January Broadcasting - Annual Meeting part 1

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 820 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Yes. That’s not new. GB has explained based upon revelation chapter 7 that the anointed in heaven are giving indications to the anointed still on earth.

quoting bro Splane:

8912390E-9C5E-4BC7-94D1-F536E3DEFCCD.jpeg

Well it's been wondered whether those in heaven were able to look down and see what was going on, even participate in  matters here during our time now before A.

I must has missed that being clarified sooner..I wasn't aware that they were given that ability yet.

So my Bible teacher can look down and see what I'm doing....lol

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I was surprised when, Br. Splane  I think, said that Br. Russell looked down and saw the Highway of Holiness open up? Did I take that right? And later he mentioned that the anointed would look down and help with the educational work taking place in the NS?

It is very interesting when you figure Russell died in October 1916 and the 'Release from BTG' was late Spring or early Summer 1919 (Way of Holiness).  That only leave a period of 2 1/2 years for him (and other anointed) to die and be resurrected to heaven to watch the opening of the road.

For decades we always said the anointed began to be resurrected to heaven in 1918.  I know we have not talked about that date a lot recently but Br. Splane certainly narrowed it down for us.

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Well it's been wondered whether those in heaven were able to look down and see what was going on, even participate in  matters here during our time now before A.

I must has missed that being clarified sooner..I wasn't aware that they were given that ability yet.

D96F5174-0476-4A56-9845-CA69EE0E03D3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Things move so fast it can be hard to keep up. The Revelation Climax book of 1988 had this to say. The same line of thinking was reaffirmed later in a 2007 Watchtower.

*** re chap. 20 pp. 124-125 par. 17 A Multitudinous Great Crowd ***
From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. “And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?’ So right away I said to him: ‘My lord, you are the one that knows.’” (Revelation 7:13, 14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. For their part, those of the John class on earth got to learn the identity of the great crowd by closely observing what Jehovah was performing in their midst. They were quick to appreciate the dazzling flash of divine light that emblazoned the theocratic firmament in 1935, at Jehovah’s due time.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101988020&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=23

From the live broadcast the things that were missing are the songs which we belted out as we were missing for so long to hear brothers and sisters joining their voices together.

In addition it missed brother Sanderson's opening statement about the program originating in Warwick and that it was following the NY state government regulations as only fully vaccinated Bethel family members were present in the auditorium.

Also, in the last part "Acting Wisely and Showing Trust During the Pandemic" it was missing the discussion with SFTS and how they dealt with the unique circumstances during the pandemic. Since the hourly requirements were removed many of them now concentrated on unbelieving relatives. It was a touching experience by brother Tom McFarland who because of the isolation suffered flashbacks of his time in prison because he was a consciences objector during the Vietnam War. I guess it ended up on the cutting floor, because it may have been just of interest to other SFTSs.

All in all, it was good to relive this most excellent program and in February I am looking forward to watch again the part "Video Update on the project The Good News according to Jesus" plus the concluding talk by brother Morris "Why Keep on the Watch?" where he got very teary eyed.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

Finally 1 million dollar question was answered:

Does the Governing Body know when Armageddon is going to come? Yes, we do.:whistling:

Spoiler

It’s going to come right on time. We have full confidence in that — don’t we? — that Jehovah is going to bring about those earth-shaking events exactly on time.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I loved every part of part 1 of the annual meeting. After hearing brother Sanderson’s opening comments about how Jehovah gives us food at the proper time and the new understanding about resurrected ones, it made me think that we must be very close to the great tribulation and the resurrection for us to be learning this information now. Just like how we got clarifications on other things like the identity of Gog of Magog and the king of the north at the right time. This is no different. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

10 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Did he make a clear statement when he said “ Armageddon survivors and their children… and resurrected ones “

Can we read into this at all? No children for resurrected ones perhaps?

It was said :   Of course, we have to realize that at that time on earth, there won’t be just the resurrected ones, will there? There will be the survivors of Armageddon and any children that are born in the new world. 

(the resurrected ones, the survivors of the great tribulation, as well as any children that will have been born)  

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Does the Governing Body know when Armageddon is going to come? Yes, we do.:whistling:

Hide contents

It’s going to come right on time. We have full confidence in that — don’t we? — that Jehovah is going to bring about those earth-shaking events exactly on time.

That made my day ! 🙈🤣🤣

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Bluebell said:

It was said :   Of course, we have to realize that at that time on earth, there won’t be just the resurrected ones, will there? There will be the survivors of Armageddon and any children that are born in the new world. 

(the resurrected ones, the survivors of the great tribulation, as well as any children that will have been born)  

Ahhh ok thx for clarifying! I need to go re watch all 2 hours 

16 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

I think there has been some discussion here on whether or not this may be the case..

( I think bro Jackson may have even made the distinction twice though .. I have to go back and listen again )

In this copy of the transcript, the children born in the new world are not directly linked to survivors.  It doesn't say THEIR children,  It appears to be a comment on ANY children born in the new world.

6.7.3. Survivors and newborn children

"Of course, we have to realize that at that time on earth, there won’t be just the resurrected ones, will there? There will be the survivors of Armageddon and any children that are born in the new world. These ones will ultimately attain to perfection."

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

In this copy of the transcript, the children born in the new world are not directly linked to survivors.  It doesn't say THEIR children,  It appears to be a comment on ANY children born in the new world.

6.7.3. Survivors and newborn children

"Of course, we have to realize that at that time on earth, there won’t be just the resurrected ones, will there? There will be the survivors of Armageddon and any children that are born in the new world. These ones will ultimately attain to perfection."

Ok thank you for clarifying 🌹 

I must say I have never held much of the ‘new light’ in relation to Joh. 5:29 and Dan. 12:2 'as new'. I have always understood those verses as resurrection after GT/Armageddon.  I think any other explanation would have been really far-fetched. I didn’t even remember that this had sometimes had a different explanation. On the other hand, I was not in the truth when the book on the subject was published (1999? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/dp ) But I did not associate the resurrection of life with the book of life. So there was something new after all! 

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

14 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Hide contents

I loved that part. I’m like 🤔. 🤣😂🤣      🤨

He said it with such a straight face. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

21 hours ago, More4me2do said:

From the live broadcast the things that were missing are the songs which we belted out as we were missing for so long to hear brothers and sisters joining their voices together.

All in all, it was good to relive this most excellent program and in February I am looking forward to watch again the part "Video Update on the project The Good News according to Jesus" plus the concluding talk by brother Morris "Why Keep on the Watch?" where he got very teary eyed.

I remembered when I was an invited guess back in 2019, I was surprised too of what was cut out but all for the interest of time I was told. 

Brother Morris, teary eyed? Wow. I bet the talk was heartfelt and passionate- can’t wait!!!

9 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I think the delay is to allow time to translate to many other languages. Part 1 is 2 hours long.

I remember the first time Annial Meeting was published on JWB (not as a monthly audition) it was like 6 hrs long. I watched it in pairs and had to write down the mark where I paused watching 😆

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

I remembered when I was an invited guess back in 2019, I was surprised too of what was cut out but all for the interest of time I was told. 

Brother Morris, teary eyed? Wow. I bet the talk was heartfelt and passionate- can’t wait!!!

The Governing body, including brother Morris, decides what should stay in the program going out worldwide. Only the necessary material remains.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 1/4/2022 at 12:41 AM, More4me2do said:

Since the hourly requirements were removed many of them now concentrated on unbelieving relatives. It was a touching experience by brother Tom McFarland who because of the isolation suffered flashbacks of his time in prison because he was a consciences objector during the Vietnam War.

Br. Tom McFarland was our Circuit Overseer for 3 years.  He told me that the brother who trained him was Br. Chuck Valorz.  Br. Valorz was our District Overseer for several years and lived in our congregation territory at the Assembly Hall in Willoughby. I had a Congregation Book Study in the Assembly Hall and he and his wife were attending with us.

Just a few words in a comment and the flood of memories it brought back. Thank you for a warm trip down memory lane...💗

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

He told me that the brother who trained him was Br. Chuck Valorz

I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Chuck several years ago. We would play billiards every week for several months while he was an SKE instructor at the local AH. He and his wife are doing well and still living in northern California.

BTW: his favorite game is 3 cushion carom. He is very good...

https://youtu.be/qRMCaOeWmqE

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D