JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

37 minutes ago, Dages said:
1 hour ago, Parale said:

At the end of the Convention this year there is a video preview of both Episode 2 and 3 - and afterwards it is announced that they will be presented at the Conventions next year.

Ha yes, I'm dumb :D 

And not ONLY The Good News According to Jesus dramas!.....

We where told at the 2020 Annual Meeting.....

"To reassure you, we do have additional Bible dramas planned for our upcoming regional conventions." ☺️

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_202102_1_VIDEO

(at the 42 minute mark)

13 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I went to the Australasia Branch for a visit last week. We did the tour of the 'front' half. Then we had lunch and did a walk around the 'backlot'.
I went to see the 'studio' where the big monster screen is. It is impressive. The Society currently has 3 of these screens. It was impressive. It has more of a curve on it than I imagined. And it's 6 meters tall.
We were able to view these areas, as there was no filming being done at the Branch. They are 'on location ' shooting the 'Sermon on the Mount.'
I am looking forward to seeing episode 1 this month!

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Thank you very much, brother Tony, for the photos and the news.

It's so good to follow the progress of these faith-strengthening recordings!

What a privilege to be able to visit and see the studio city up close.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dhanyel said:

Will the 18 episodes be available only at regional conventions or only in 2024 and 2025? Everything is very beautiful and exciting, a true blessing 

I hope it's eventually not released at the conventions. I can't imagine all of them being relevant to the convention theme.

2 minutes ago, Michał said:

2025 - episodes 2 & 3 - topic: Messiah
2026 - episodes 4-6 (including sermon on the mount) - topic: Wisdom from the scriptures

I guess there are a lot of possibilities for themes. emoji2.png

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be interesting to start off with a drama all THREE days of the convention - so we get 4, 5 & 6?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Just now, Michał said:

2025 - episodes 2 & 3 - topic: Messiah
2026 - episodes 4-6 (including sermon on the mount) - topic: Wisdom from the scriptures

I guess there are a lot of possibilities for themes. emoji2.png
Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Jesus' entire ministry and life-course was designed to show us the way to follow the Christ and work in harmony with Jehovah's purpose.  There can be no doubt that we will benefit greatly by reviewing all of the aspects of Jesus' teaching and life.

20 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Wouldn't it be interesting to start off with a drama all THREE days of the convention - so we get 4, 5 & 6?

6 hours ago, Mike047 said:

However, if they were to become part of the New World teaching programme, learning how to use them might well be an ongoing feature, now, using any further episodes available.

I’m positive that each day will start with one episode and the whole day we will hear all about it

segment by segment and all these talks in this and future conventions may be used to teach us to teach others on the other side 

Its becoming obvious that many may survive Armagedom with little knowledge and will have a chance to learn and serve Jehovah forever 

Along with the ressurected ones 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It was exciting for many to see the first episode. I think especially the beginning was impressive. The actors seem to have internalized their roles. We are left waiting for more of Jesus. I wondered if the film was a little too technical, maybe "too" similar to the gospels. After all, we don't hear people speaking as they do in the gospels, and while no biblical text reveals every single word, it wouldn't be an excuse for changing lines. At least I don't mind, since in the end, this is good news according to Jesus, not according to Hollywood's regrettably usually all-knowing, haughty directors and writers who emphasize entertainment and drama and exciment more than didactic elements. 

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Doug said:

What do y'all think of the "minutes old" baby Jesus, as Joseph handed the child to Mary?

The baby looked pretty dern good for being a half-hour old, no?   Didn't look like a prune!

But, it was a perfect human!!!!     :lol1:

Cutest baby. My little girl said “oh sooooo cute” when she saw him. I’m glad we didn’t see wrinkly, slimy, anatomically correct newborn, they are not nice to look at haha. 😛 only to the parents 

2 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Cutest baby. My little girl said “oh sooooo cute” when she saw him. I’m glad we didn’t see wrinkly, slimy, anatomically correct newborn, they are not nice to look at haha. 😛 only to the parents 

They would need a real baby right out of his mommy... I don't think any sister would allow that :D

6 hours ago, Dages said:

They would need a real baby right out of his mommy... I don't think any sister would allow that :D

Where did they get the baby? Did he audition for the part?  :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Where did they get the baby? Did he audition for the part?  :whistling:

He was obviously considered exemplary! 😉

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”