JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

4 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Every event recorded in the Gospels will be brought to life on screen.

How can you be so sure? I mean even the Daniel film omitted some events from the book of Daniel, such as the the three Hebrews in the fire and Daniel’s vision of the four animals.

If such major events were dropped, I won’t be surprised if The Good News According to Jesus will omit some minor or major events recorded in the gospels.

8 hours ago, Doug said:

According to Jesus  -   Can we understand the title to mean this film is from Jesus perspective, possibly?

The title “The Good News According to Jesus” is a reference to the title of for all four gospel books — they are referred to as: “The Good News According to Matthew/Mark/Luke/John.” Combined, they are called “The Good News According to Jesus.”

Edited by Hinata

I think that by 2028 several parts of the feature drama "The Good News According to Jesus" will be released.
Will it come to an end by then? Exactly I can't say that.
One thing I can say:
It does not belong to [we] to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction (Acts 1:7).

7 hours ago, Hinata said:

How can you be so sure? I mean even the Daniel film omitted some events from the book of Daniel, such as the the three Hebrews in the fire and Daniel’s vision of the four animals.

If such major events were dropped, I won’t be surprised if The Good News According to Jesus will omit some minor or major events recorded in the gospels.

Are you comparing a 2 episode drama to 18 episodes Saga?!

The title “The Good News According to Jesus” is a reference to the title of for all four gospel books — they are referred to as: “The Good News According to Matthew/Mark/Luke/John.” Combined, they are called “The Good News According to Jesus.”

Unfortunately I don't like that name because itconstantly reminds me of Portuguese nobel Laureate, José Saramago, which wrote a book with that same name "The Gospel according to Jesus" -> Don't read it!

I remember that either during AM or an update on this project that everything in the gospels will be recorded (of course they’ll merge account of the same situation from different gospels into one plot). If someone can verify my memory, please do so :)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Are you comparing a 2 episode drama to 18 episodes Saga?!

Of course, it’s impossible to contain literally every detail and event of the Gospel. I think that’s given.

4 hours ago, Michał said:

I remember that either during AM or an update on this project that everything in the gospels will be recorded (of course they’ll merge account of the same situation from different gospels into one plot). If someone can verify my memory, please do so :)

Yes, this was mentioned in 2020 AM (February 2021 Broadcasting.) in the program: “The Good News According to Jesus—A First Look!

4 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

The name isn't necessarily taken from how the Gospels are named.

This is true in Korean and in Japanese as well. We know the translation team has liberty with translation.

I personally think it’s very likely however, at least in English, the title of the movie is a reference to the title of the gospels, since the Governing Body has several times mentioned the movie will contain all the events from the gospel accounts.

13 hours ago, Hinata said:

5 hours ago, Michał said:

I remember that either during AM or an update on this project that everything in the gospels will be recorded (of course they’ll merge account of the same situation from different gospels into one plot).

I remember hearing that too in one of the videos.  The Daniel drama was 1:50, so they didn't have time to cover everything.  This drama at least 16 hours.  They'll have time to make sure every detail is in the drama.  With that much time, they'll probably need to include every detail.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:34 AM, Shawnster said:

1,000 divided by 60 is, indeed, 16.667

I bet the average length of the segments will be under an hour.  I would not be surprised if we end up with 20 parts minimum. If the average segment is 20 minutes long, that's 50  parts! 

How long have each segment of the live action dramas been?  

From what I’ve been told initial plans is to release in about 1 hr increments . Released at the convention each year. I believe they will do one day the Jesus project and the next day a convention related drama. It’s possible we will get two episodes the first year.

Edited by Anthony

You might wish to watch this again:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb_202102_5_VIDEO

and perhaps this:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb-097_7_VIDEO

This will be the first major video series that will actually lead people to everlasting life.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 5/25/2022 at 9:12 PM, Doug said:

Do you think it will be limited to the gospels?   From Jesus perspective, it could go back further.  The Good News was born at Genesis 3:15.

I remember that the announcement  said something like itwill centre on Jesus life history recorded ever.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, Sheep said:

I think we may have to wait a bit before we have enough "episodes" to binge on. boredtappingfingers.gif.03221bfd150189322c0caf8ba67b4581.gif

For sure

21 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I'm sure it was mentioned in Sydney there are 18 (approx 55min) Episodes.

Hmmm, what might that look like, in terms of content?....

Click image to enlarge :)

1024746479_goodnewsjesus.thumb.png.59a64b8c33aaa837e5f809e47e3ab4e4.png

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Released at the convention each year.

If they release one section each year... that covers 2023 to 2041, of course they might release two sections each year... that would cover 2023 to 2032...

On 5/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, Jonadab said:

estimated 1,000-minute epic of Jesus’ life

What does 1,000-minutes get you in the life of Jesus?

A good starting point perhaps would be to ask: How long does it take to simply read the material? hmmm....

The Great Man Who Ever Lived:

684 minutes

The Good News According to Jesus:

823 minutes

Matthew:

170 minutes

Mark:

116 minutes

Luke:

187 minutes

John:

142 minutes

Four Gospels:

615 minutes

Thus it would appear, that simply reading the 'Good News According to Jesus' book, and just adding in all the actual additional dialogue from the Gospels, would probably put you over the 1,000-minute mark??

19 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

Does it say about the stages of Jesus, from a baby to adulthood? If so , it will not be a problem ! Siblings wear whatever is necessary, from a young person to an adult.

Yes the problem of aging. They will have to find good actors :D

5 hours ago, lvj said:

イエスの老化の問題...😁

どうして日本語で書きましたか?w

(Why did you write in Japanese?)

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Yes the problem of aging. They will have to find good actors :D

どうして日本語で書きましたか?w

(Why did you write in Japanese?)

Maybe because he's from Japan?

Why? Did you think he should write in Chinese?  🤔

If Brother Daniel’s quote from Brother Shawn’s message is to be believed, Brother Shawn wrote in Portuguese. Does someone here have the gift of speaking in tongues? 😛

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

15 hours ago, Jimi-L said:

Maybe because he's from Japan?

Why? Did you think he should write in Chinese?  🤔

If Brother Daniel’s quote from Brother Shawn’s message is to be believed, Brother Shawn wrote in Portuguese. Does someone here have the gift of speaking in tongues? 😛

He wrote it in English first. That's why I'm asking.

Speaking to the brother from our congregation who is down at the project, and he was relating the experiences of ones who were delivering materials to Bethel, with some of them coming from that part of the world (Palestinian, Lebanese and Syrians etc) and was questioning what was being done. When the brothers said they were filming a series of Jesus' life when he was on earth, and they were recreating what it would been like back in Jerusalem. Many of them couldn't believe their eyes, with some of them started weeping, as they said it took them back to their homeland, as it looked exactly what they had left at home. There had been people roll up from bus groups, car groups and such, looking from the side of the road at the project. Many of these are from that part of the world. So world has got around.

14 hours ago, Hope said:

Google says:  "the problem of Jesus' aging"  :D 

I wonder about that too, because the if the movie will take about 7-8 years to film the it may become apparent for actors aging as the time goes on. But I’m going to guess makeup and special effects can help in that area.

How is it possible to get a 1000-minute video series from the Gospels? The vast majority of the gospels (especially synoptic ones) just repeat each other and tell things from different perspectives and in different words. Does the series also include some examples related to the gospels from our time? 

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it.