JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

16 hours ago, Hope said:

There was a super handsome illustration of Jesus on a WT cover in late 80s.. right when we were starting to print in color. I can't find it, but they need to find THAT brother!  😃😉

Yeah. I wonder how old that brother would be now!

20 hours ago, Jonadab said:

Até hoje, a representação de Jesus Cristo em nossas publicações semper foi maravilhosa, as pesquisas são de extrema qualidade. Não diferente no filme, ficaremos pois como sempre estaremos aguardando o projeto, vamos aguardar!

I was reminded that we shouldn't post images of the association for copyright reasons, it was my mistake, again I was wrong, please could some moderator hide these images? Or is there a link that I can delete myself? Thank you very much, I wait..... ahhhhh and I'm sorry .

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Member requested copyrighted images be removed

21 hours ago, Hope said:

There was a super handsome illustration of Jesus on a WT cover in late 80s.. right when we were starting to print in color. I can't find it, but they need to find THAT brother!  😃😉

Unless it was a "photograph", that brother may not actually exist. We had a relative in the Bethel Art Department who drew several versions of Jesus in various publications, including the Memorial Invitation. - they were not real people, he drew what was asked of him without an actual model.

That ability comes with being a very talented artist.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Jonadab said:

I was reminded that we shouldn't post images of the association for copyright reasons, it was my mistake, again I was wrong, please could some moderator hide these images? Or is there a link that I can delete myself? Thank you very much, I wait..... ahhhhh and I'm sorry .

You'll see there's a forum called "confidential". Just post in there a link to whatever it is you want us to delete and we can do that. None of us have the time to go through thousands of pages of posts and look for those. Instead, we rely on each one of you to notice it and make the request.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

You'll see there's a forum called "confidential". Just post in there a link to whatever it is you want us to delete and we can do that. None of us have the time to go through thousands of pages of posts and look for those. Instead, we rely on each one of you to notice it and make the request.

Thanks for the clarification Jerry, I didn't know that.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:59 PM, Hope said:

December 1979 ...our first regular full color issue of the Watchtower.  It will always be my favorite picture of Jesus.

Dec-1979.JPG

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

December 1979 ...our first regular full color issue of the Watchtower.  It will always be my favorite picture of Jesus.

Dec-1979.JPG

Yup. That's the one. I was trying to find it when @Hope posted about it, but I couldn't think of when it was, or where to look. How did you manage that?

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Yup. That's the one. I was trying to find it when @Hope posted about it, but I couldn't think of when it was, or where to look. How did you manage that?

It stands out as our first full-color Watchtower for regular issue.  It is a historic point in our printing efforts.  Not easy to forget.

I should say that we had one special issue that was color in Br. Russell's days. It was a special issue reporting on his world-wide missionary journey. It is the April 15, 1912 issue (I believe).

wt1912 4-15.jpg

On 6/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, jwhess said:

It stands out as our first full-color Watchtower for regular issue.  It is a historic point in our printing efforts.  Not easy to forget.

And yet, I forgot. That's exactly the one I was thinking of. I had seen one of those, it must have been before I was baptized, when I was on a tour of the Canada bethel. I'm not sure of the details behind that special issue, but we were told it was an experimental issue. Well, it caught on, and now all our magazines look like that one. (By comparison our old 'black-and-white' issues were kind of drab.)

On 6/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, jwhess said:

I should say that we had one special issue that was color in Br. Russell's days. It was a special issue reporting on his world-wide missionary journey. It is the April 15, 1912 issue (I believe).

Oh my!!! And you remember that one personally, do you? (You're older than I thought.)

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

And yet, I forgot. That's exactly the one I was thinking of. I had seen one of those, it must have been before I was baptized, when I was on a tour of the Canada bethel. I'm not sure of the details behind that special issue, but we were told it was an experimental issue. Well, it caught on, and now all our magazines look like that one. (By comparison our old 'black-and-white' issues were kind of drab.)

Oh my!!! And you remember that one personally, do you? (You're older than I thought.)

I used to call Charles Russell by his nickname "Chuck"...❤️😀

I believe that in October at the Annual Meeting we will watch the first episode from this series

This October? A film that has just barely started principal shooting? Not to mention post production, VFX, and such things?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This October? A film that has just barely started principal shooting? Not to mention post production, VFX, and such things?

Some interesting facts: I took 1,5 days of filming to get first 45sec of movie itself. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 6/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, Sheep said:

I'm not sure of the details behind that special issue, but we were told it was an experimental issue. Well, it caught on, and now all our magazines look like that one. 

It was a giant leap forward in our printing capabilities and appropriately honored Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Notice that we now have far more photograph's than original art.  Best use of resources.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, Sheep said:

(By comparison our old 'black-and-white' issues were kind of drab.)

A favorite story is about a dear brother (assuming of the anointed) who worked in the garage at the Brooklyn headquarters.  Not wanting to squander any bit of the Lord's belongings , he would take the used motor oil after an oil change from the garage and throw it into the ink 'barrels' to be used for printing.  Probably only for the printing of tracts or handbills - not Bibles.  Is this story published?

It was a giant leap forward in our printing capabilities and appropriately honored Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Notice that we now have far more photograph's than original art.  Best use of resources.

Photographs are original art, even if they are not painted. However, days days we also make animated films and videos with professional special effects. Excellent teaching tools. These take time and resources to produce.
everything is possible 

We don’t expect miracles.
Some interesting facts: I took 1,5 days of filming to get first 45sec of movie itself. 

That’s true, and we will encounter issues down the road too, so you do the math….

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”