JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

So our midweek meeting tonight was missing several publishers.  I believe many of them are in Grafton for the filming.  Grafton is another regional town in NSW.  Around 137km or 85 miles, south of here.  They are using a brothers property near Grafton, for some filming.  A few weeks ago all pioneers were invited to a meeting with elders and servants.  They encouraged us all to apply to be a part of the filming.  Personally I have as yet to apply.  

Edited by MullumMiss

March will be one of the biggest months of shooting, they really go with it. 

Huge task, but Jehovah is blessing the project. 

I encourage brothers and sisters to apply. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 1 month later...

I've just read Matthew chapter 4, and might be wonder how the brothers will show some details, for example depict the Devil, but it's a small detail. But definitely The series will show the conviction from Jesus, his firm voice, posture reflected his loyalty and integrity to his father, Jehovah. He said "Go away, Satan!". Jesus encourage me to do the same in daily life.

22 hours ago, Piotr Gonczar said:

I've just read Matthew chapter 4, and might be wonder how the brothers will show some details, for example depict the Devil, but it's a small detail. But definitely The series will show the conviction from Jesus, his firm voice, posture reflected his loyalty and integrity to his father, Jehovah. He said "Go away, Satan!". Jesus encourage me to do the same in daily life.

Check how it was done for the caleb video

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seeing this for the first time at the 2014 convention really touched me: 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbcov_201405_4_VIDEO

Imagine how powerful the ENTIRE gospel accounts will be when they’re brought to life!

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lord21 said:

How do you think the feature drama series "The Good News According to Jesus" will start?

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Well, it starts with Jesus birth... logically

Perhaps take another look at the Jesus - The Way, the Truth, the Life book, and see where that starts?... 🙂

On 5/25/2022 at 11:43 PM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I'm sure it was mentioned in Sydney there are 18 (approx 55min) Episodes. It is a 7.5 year project. 

Here's a possible example break-down of all the episodes/parts, using the chapters in the Jesus - The Way, the Truth, the Life book as the basis:

1024746479_goodnewsjesus.thumb.png.59a64b8c33aaa837e5f809e47e3ab4e4.png

43 minutes ago, Parale said:

I had a similar idea where Movie 1 would end with Jesus walking to John the baptist, camera behind him on very low angle, like we follow his steps, John is in the river and pointing at Jesus, quoting John 1:36, the camera rises slowly and we see his back, full body. THE END. To be continued 

I like who you cut it... finishing episode 2 with the samaritan woman is great

Edited by Dages

1 hour ago, Parale said:

Opps, my typo, 1,000-minutes (and not 1,000-hours)

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I like who you cut it

thanks, though TBH I just cut it up using the chapters/sections in the book.... obviously the Governing Body have already apportioned time/length to each part of Jesus' life - hence the book's breakdown into book chapters which we used as a meeting study book - so I'd expect that would lay a foundation, and therefore give a reasonably good idea of the 'time split' for each movie episode, especially as we also understand that we're expecting 18 episodes....

• 1 month later...

We are having a Bethel speaker this weekend and he had mentioned that they are starting to film episode 4 in January and they are now editing episode 3. There is still about 5 or more years of filming to go, and if you want to apply to be an extra, there is still plenty of opportunity still.

He also mentioned that they are at 100% capacity of doing tours at the Australian Branch were they have about 100 visitors per day, even more on the weekends and public holidays. They can see the filming site as part of the tour from a short distance away, as they still are using the set. He has a few pictures of the film set to show, and even joked they are are just made out of polystyrene foam, but the trees and plants are real.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, vern said:

Triumphant king scene.... Phase out with a message...."where did it all begin"  ... Genesis promise of a seed..."you will bruse him in the head".  What a blessing to mankind that the first born was blessed to accomplish this.

From the sample storyboard they showed I don't think it's going to be a "movie" style, but a narrated recreation with little to no embellishments. 

They are making around 2 a year. I expect we will get to see them when they are ready. With all the work put in to each episode (and there is a mammoth amount of work put in to the ones I've seen so far), I doubt it would sit on a shelf waiting too long before it gets released.
Pure speculation on my behalf... but I love this series so much.
Imho
(And i have been wrong before.)
Old (Downunder) Tone

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

We are having a Bethel speaker this weekend and he had mentioned that they are starting to film episode 4 in January and they are now editing episode 3. There is still about 5 or more years of filming to go, and if you want to apply to be an extra, there is still plenty of opportunity still.

He also mentioned that they are at 100% capacity of doing tours at the Australian Branch were they have about 100 visitors per day, even more on the weekends and public holidays. They can see the filming site as part of the tour from a short distance away, as they still are using the set. He has a few pictures of the film set to show, and even joked they are are just made out of polystyrene foam, but the trees and plants are real.
We went for.a.tour today. It was amazing we got to walk among the set. (No filming taking place) it's amazing. I cannot wait to see it. Absolutely packed at bethel. So many tours running. Very very enjoyable and we felt very privileged to see it.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...