JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

As fotografias são arte original, mesmo que não sejam pintadas. No entanto, dias dias também fazemos filmes de animação e vídeos com efeitos especiais profissionais. Excelentes ferramentas de ensino. Estes levam tempo e recursos para produzir.
Não esperamos milagres.
Isso é verdade, e encontraremos problemas no futuro também, então faça as contas….

Much pleasure !

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I guess we can expect some Teasers, but not the whole movie. That's Regional convention product

And that is probably why we are not watching any new original movie at this year's convention. This new movie will require many manpower. Everyone will be busy working on the new film, even right now. Since most teams and brothers who are assigned to make the convention movies are working on this new project, this year's movie is being made with reused scenes from the movies from previous years.

And that is probably why we are not watching any new original movie at this year's convention. This new movie will require many manpower. Everyone will be busy working on the new film, even right now. Since most teams and brothers who are assigned to make the convention movies are working on this new project, this year's movie is being made with reused scenes from the movies from previous years.

A convention feature film takes about 5 years to make, from idea to finished product. A lot of brothers and sisters are also working on a feature film that will be shown at the same convention as the first instalment of “The Good News…” and some are at work on a film that will be shown the year after that.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, Thesauron said:

, so you do the math….

I took the challenge   .   .   did the math.   1.5 days to produce 45 seconds of a 1,000 minute film is   .     .   wait for it   .   .    .

Spoiler

AHEAD OF SCHEDULE !!!!!      5.5 years pace  vs.   7.5 years schedule.

I took the challenge   .   .   did the math.   1.5 days to produce 45 seconds of a 1,000 minute film is   .     .   wait for it   .   .    .

Spoiler

AHEAD OF SCHEDULE !!!!!      5.5 years pace  vs.   7.5 years schedule.

Fantastic. I’d say right on schedule. There will be vacations, and some thing that will take a bit longer.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Pietro said:

If the decision is to show the Jesus films only at conventions once a year, how long would it take? 

One of the comments said something about the Good News According to Jesus film being an 18 part film with each being 55 minutes long each, thus making it 18 x 55 = 990 minutes long roughly. (give it more or less.)

If it’s 18 parts, then that means it fits into 9 x 2 parts convention drama sessions.

If one purely assumes the movie starts being released from 2023 RC, then that means it won’t be finished up until 2031…!

In some video productions, the scenes are not shot in sequence (from beginning to end) like the story is told.  There may be some scenes that require similar locations or props or personnel but are separated by years in the script.  They may film them while the group is together on location.  The editors put the pieces together later.

So the video may not be shot an compiled in time for the next convention.  We might have a years worth of filming that is part of four years of the story.

Friends, we cannot calculate the speed of production based on first day, because as they keep filming they will get more efficient (practice makes it perfect)  

And it's always harder to start the project than keep rolling lets say after 6-8 months. 

Some scenes will be easier or harder to record.

Also they might get better in preparation prior to shooting. (preparing to shoot multiple scenes on a given day, technique known as cross-cutting) 

5. Cross-Cutting

Cross-cutting is an editing/shooting technique where actions are established as occurring at the same time. The camera will cut away from one action to another action elsewhere to suggest these things are occurring at the same moment.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Kenneth Cook has landed Downunder.
I wonder if it is in relation to the movie...?

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Did he do any muscle building recently? If so maybe he’s gonna play Jesus 😉

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

9 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

In a way, yes. Kenneth Cook is one of the Governing Body members on the Teaching Committee, so he has come to the Australasia branch primarily to provide support, shepherding, and encouragement to the Regional Video Team (RVT) tasked with this mammoth project. However, the whole Bethel family will benefit from his visit as he provides encouraging Morning Worship talks and a special lecture to the Bethel family after the Monday night Watchtower, and as they get to interact with him and his lovely wife on a day-to-day basis. 

The Governing Body are as “hands-on” with the Jesus project as they can be from the other side of the world, and they are showing how invested they are by making the big trip over. It is anticipated that visits by members of the Governing Body and their helpers to the Australasia branch will be quite frequent over the next few years.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, Doug said:

That's interesting.  He was already a member of the GB (November 1974) when this Watchtower was published.

Are you saying , perhaps, this is something he drew at an earlier time?

Sorry been kind of crazy. Even when he was a member of the GB, he still drew things for our publications from time to time. It was one of his passion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 8:11 PM, Hinata said:

Ahhh!! Good point. I had myself wondering why there was no new movie this RC. Now I get it. 

On 7/30/2022 at 10:32 PM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Yep. It Was. Although I already knew the answer before I posted the question...

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/australia/Episode-1-of-The-Good-News-According-to-Jesus-Reaches-Filming-Milestone/

AUGUST 26, 2022
AUSTRALIA

Episode 1 of The Good News According to Jesus Reaches Filming Milestone

The first phase of filming for Episode 1 of The Good News According to Jesus was completed on August 12, 2022. After a brief interruption, the second phase of filming will begin, with a completion date sometime in October 2022.

As previously reported, the brothers began filming The Good News According to Jesus on May 20, 2022, primarily using indoor sets. At that time, final documentation was still pending for parts of a support building and the outdoor historical film set. These documents were finalized on July 15, 2022. The Australasia Branch Construction Department was able to hand over the building and film set to the Regional Video Team (RVT). These facilities are now fully available for use on the film project.

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 AM, Pabo said:

A brother from our congregation who is working on the set at the branch related an experience.

When the branch put in an application about building the video set on the branch property, there was opposition from a church that apparently had apostates somehow associated with them which was located behind the branch facilities. The had arranged themselves a report from an engineer to opposed the building of the set and registered their claim with the local authorities.

Now as COVID had started the rounds, the meeting with the local authorities was to be held on Skype instead of in-person. The only ones that apparently was able to meet via Skype was the local authorities and the brothers. Others who also registered to attend had issues to loggin in, including the opposers. So the meeting was postponed for some time so that everyone could be in attendance. However, when they restarted the meeting, the opposers couldn't log in and since they couldn't put their arguments forward, the granting of the project passed unopposed.

I wonder if an angel was pulling on some cords 😉 :lol2:

image.png.1a58c76298a0c5c0ea7114a0df5f2b3b.png

Or was the angel just kidding like him

Edited by Dustparticle

On 6/2/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hope said:

You know that Brother Hess can find ANYTHING!  😄🥰

That s so true 🙏😊😊😊😊😊👌

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 6/4/2022 at 9:20 PM, Pietro said:

I believe that in October at the Annual Meeting we will watch the first episode from this series

For Jehovah nothing is impossible 

but the episodes are supposed to be released on RC

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

23 minutes ago, Sofia said:

For Jehovah nothing is impossible 

but the episodes are supposed to be released on RC

And as stated in the latest news release, filming will not be finished for Episode 1 until October, and post-production and editing takes many months after that. Stay tuned for more info on what 2023 will bring.